HoboMan Posted March 3, 2016 Posted March 3, 2016 Not sure if it's OK to post this or not but I'd thought I"d share. I have no affiliation with the seller but I own one of these and it's an amazing guitar. Replaced my Les Paul as my #1 gigging guitar.PRS SE Custom Floyd
MCChris Posted March 3, 2016 Posted March 3, 2016 5 minutes ago, jisham said: Mine lands tomorrow. Santana Yellow though. Goddamn boy. You're on a spree!
HoboMan Posted March 3, 2016 Author Posted March 3, 2016 They are over $800 on some retailers websites. The non-Floyd version is over $750. Here's a link to the Santana Yellow Seller says they are an authorized PRS reseller and these are brand new in original manufacturer packaging and include a gig bag. I'm fighting hard to resist grabbing another one of these. I really can't afford it but damn, these are A LOT of guitar for the money.
HoboMan Posted March 3, 2016 Author Posted March 3, 2016 1 hour ago, jisham said: Mine lands tomorrow. Santana Yellow though. Give us a review after you get it. I did notice mine has neck binding and these don't.
diablo175 Posted March 3, 2016 Posted March 3, 2016 Man oh man, if my experience with the Torero wasn't so meh I'd be tempted to grab one of those as well. But it was meh and frankly, while they are likely worth every penny of the 499.99 asking, I guess it's not worth it to me. Looking forward to a what will likely be a glowing tone report that makes me wish I had bought one...
HoboMan Posted March 4, 2016 Author Posted March 4, 2016 18 hours ago, jisham said: Mine lands tomorrow. Santana Yellow though. I'm still considering grabbing one of the red ones but would like to hear your review first. Let us know what you think as soon as you can. Thanks
jisham Posted March 4, 2016 Posted March 4, 2016 20 hours ago, MCChris said: 1 hour ago, HoboMan said: I'm still considering grabbing one of the red ones but would like to hear your review first. Let us know what you think as soon as you can. Thanks It's out for delivery today. But I can tell you now that if it's anything like the two SE models I've had in the past, it will be a great guitar. The PRS SE line has always been at the top of the heap for Korean imports IMO.
jisham Posted March 4, 2016 Posted March 4, 2016 Been jamming with it the last hour. I need to change strings from 9s to 10s but it plays great right out of the box. Like the other SEs, build quality and frets are great. The volume and tone knobs are little tight, but that's about it. Body is one piece and neck shape is like the Core line Custom 24s as far as I can tell. To me, it's a no brainer at $499. Oh yeah -- while this pic doesn't show it well, the quilt top is nicely figured and 3D. I'm happy without a doubt.
HoboMan Posted March 4, 2016 Author Posted March 4, 2016 Thanks for the update. DId it come with a gig bag and warranty card? Does it have the coil splitting? I really shouldn't be buying another guitar but damn, it's hard to pass this up. Going to think about it and decide tonight (if there's any left).
dhuber Posted March 4, 2016 Posted March 4, 2016 I picked up a DGT a few months ago. Not only did it replace my LP it also replaced my Hamer Studio. The Studio was the coolest looking guitar I ever owned. However the PRS balance, neck, upper fret board access is as nice or better than anything I've played. I don't care for the Trem on the DGT and that's the only thing I don't like on it. My next guitar will likely be a hard tail McCarty or Custom 22. I will be selling my Artist Custom very soon.
HoboMan Posted March 5, 2016 Author Posted March 5, 2016 Just pulled the trigger on the red one. Had to grab one before they're gone.
HoboMan Posted March 5, 2016 Author Posted March 5, 2016 17 hours ago, dhuber said: I picked up a DGT a few months ago. Not only did it replace my LP it also replaced my Hamer Studio. The Studio was the coolest looking guitar I ever owned. However the PRS balance, neck, upper fret board access is as nice or better than anything I've played. I don't care for the Trem on the DGT and that's the only thing I don't like on it. My next guitar will likely be a hard tail McCarty or Custom 22. I will be selling my Artist Custom very soon. Just saw your Artist for sale. Damn nice one! Didn't last long in the classifieds. EDIT: These $499 models are Korean made but are amazing guitars. I've owned a few USA models and so I do have something to compare against. As I mentioned earlier my current PRS SE Custom Floyd replaced my Les Paul as my main gigging guitar. I've been wanting a second one for a while and couldn't pass up the price on these. Now I'll have one as a backup at gigs. I'm a fan of Floyd Rose trems and these guitars are perfect. Trem stays in tune with heavy aggressive dive bombing all night long. The PUs sound great, necks feel great and action can get very low with no buzzing. Incredible sustain with no "dead" spots anywhere on the fretboard.
HoboMan Posted March 12, 2016 Author Posted March 12, 2016 Mine came in yesterday. Great Friggin' Guitar! Put on new strings and did a setup. Intonation was spot on and neck is straight as an arrow so all I needed to do was set the action to taste. I also blocked trem to dive only (I do this on all my Floyds). I notice the seller has now raised the price to $599. Glad I got one when I did.
jisham Posted March 12, 2016 Posted March 12, 2016 Loving mine too. The red looks great. What did you do for the block?
HoboMan Posted March 12, 2016 Author Posted March 12, 2016 I use these. Also need to put a piece of the sticky velcro (padded side) on the Floyd block where the trem blocker makes contact or you'll get a "clanking" noise. http://www.amazon.com/Neck-Check-Guitar-Tremolo-Stopper/dp/B00FUTXO8G
scottcald Posted March 12, 2016 Posted March 12, 2016 3 hours ago, HoboMan said: Mine came in yesterday. Great Friggin' Guitar! Put on new strings and did a setup. Intonation was spot on and neck is straight as an arrow so all I needed to do was set the action to taste. I also blocked trem to dive only (I do this on all my Floyds). I notice the seller has now raised the price to $599. Glad I got one when I did. That red looks good. Seems like they're still a decent bargain at $599.
Ted Posted March 13, 2016 Posted March 13, 2016 Beautiful Guitar. Obviously can't beat that price either.
scottcald Posted March 13, 2016 Posted March 13, 2016 I know the PRS trem is given good reviews everywhere, but I wish they offered Floyds on all their models.
RobB Posted March 13, 2016 Posted March 13, 2016 17 hours ago, HoboMan said: I use these. Also need to put a piece of the sticky velcro (padded side) on the Floyd block where the trem blocker makes contact or you'll get a "clanking" noise. http://www.amazon.com/Neck-Check-Guitar-Tremolo-Stopper/dp/B00FUTXO8G I find a couple of wraps of electrical tape around the block solves the "clank" problem well. Felt/velcro eventually gets dimpled by the allen screw. In my experience, anyway.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.