hamerhead Posted June 5, 2017 Posted June 5, 2017 Mine's definitely a handful. Biggest neck of any Hamer I've owned, Just shy of a baseball bat.
kizanski Posted June 5, 2017 Posted June 5, 2017 36 minutes ago, soulfield said: From now on if I'm framing a wall it will be a "Eastwing hamer" UGH...That's ESTwing. 24oz with the waffle tip!
soulfield Posted June 5, 2017 Posted June 5, 2017 5 minutes ago, kizanski said: 24oz with the waffle tip! Yes Sir! The proper Hamer of (eastwing) Hamers!
soulfield Posted June 5, 2017 Posted June 5, 2017 17 minutes ago, hamerhead said: Mine's definitely a handful. Biggest neck of any Hamer I've owned, Just shy of a baseball bat. That sounds perfect! I definitely spend more time playing my artist custom with vintage carve neck compared to the 2 specials (1980 and 1993). I love the tone of both specials (Dimarzios in the 1980 and Fralin P90 in the "93) and while playing them nothing feels cramped or small but then when I pick up the artist the neck just feels bettter suited to my hands. Like sleeping in your own bed vs a hotel. I just gravitate towards the bigger vintage necks I suppose. Now I'm thinking a junior might be next!
Johnny Alien Posted August 11, 2017 Author Posted August 11, 2017 To put some finalization on this thread I DID indeed just find one and it should be on it's way to me soon. I believe it was owned by a member or two here. It was the one that I believe was originally owned by some Vertical Horizon guy. I am not familiar with that band though.
geowolves Posted August 11, 2017 Posted August 11, 2017 10 minutes ago, Johnny Alien said: To put some finalization on this thread I DID indeed just find one and it should be on it's way to me soon. I believe it was owned by a member or two here. It was the one that I believe was originally owned by some Vertical Horizon guy. I am not familiar with that band though. Whom ever owned it will be sorry they sold it at some point. You have won bro! Just wait until you get to feel it in your hands! Plug it in and it's all over no matter where you go! It's a special piece of wood! Pickups are a matter of choice but shy if buying a classic Gibson you're not coming close but winning!!!
Johnny Alien Posted August 11, 2017 Author Posted August 11, 2017 It has a regular Gibson P-90 in it. I am not a fan at all of hot P-90's so I am fine with the original SD not being there. I would have swapped it anyway. I do find the Gibson P-90 to be a really good pickup.
tomteriffic Posted August 11, 2017 Posted August 11, 2017 Additional factoid on the Junior lore: There was at least one trans green BCR Junior. I saw it in person and I was about 3 cups of coffee into the morning at BCR.
Dana_V Posted August 11, 2017 Posted August 11, 2017 On 6/5/2017 at 10:30 AM, hamerhead said: Mine's definitely a handful. Biggest neck of any Hamer I've owned, Just shy of a baseball bat. +1. My '05 Korina Junior has the fattest neck of any of my guitars, including my Les Paul Trad with the "50's rounded" neck profile.
cmatthes Posted August 11, 2017 Posted August 11, 2017 2 hours ago, tomteriffic said: Additional factoid on the Junior lore: There was at least one trans green BCR Junior. I saw it in person and I was about 3 cups of coffee into the morning at BCR. Is that a Stonger?
stonge Posted August 11, 2017 Posted August 11, 2017 1 hour ago, cmatthes said: Is that a Stonger? nah - mine is not a BCR Junior. Alpep had quoted out an emerald green Korina Junior for me but I couldn't pull the trigger at that time. A few months later at an Ovation tour I discovered a green Junior hanging in the drying rack on the Hamer side with a Lost Art tag on it. When I reminded him that I couldn't place that order, he told me with a smile that it was for 'store stock' (it never made it to Al though). So I came home from the one factory tour that mrs stonge skipped only to tell her that Alpep had built the guitar anyhow and we scraped up the fundage. She didn't let me go to any other tours by myself after that though lol. Emerald green over korina kinda glows like nuke-u-ler relish - emerald over mahogany (like the back of the 2FIG Phantom Custom) gets a little dark. But as Frank U used to say "who would want a green guitar anyhow?"
tomteriffic Posted August 11, 2017 Posted August 11, 2017 Nope, this was in the hands of our RecRm Rocker if memory serves?
srvwannab Posted August 12, 2017 Posted August 12, 2017 The Veritical Horizon one was mine at one point. Great Jr!!!
cmatthes Posted August 12, 2017 Posted August 12, 2017 Matt Scannell is the Vertical Horizon guy - he was a Hamer endorser for a bit.
srvwannab Posted August 12, 2017 Posted August 12, 2017 I wouldn't swap out the Gibson pickup until you try it.
kizanski Posted August 12, 2017 Posted August 12, 2017 2 minutes ago, srvwannab said: I wouldn't swap out the Gibson pickup until you try it. Agreed. It HAS to sound better than the SD P-90 that #13 (mine) came with. I threw a Rio in it post haste!
Johnny Alien Posted August 12, 2017 Author Posted August 12, 2017 I have no plans to swap it. I was mentioning that I don't like hot P-90's (like the stock ones) but that I do like the Gibson ones. If it came with the stock pickup I would have swapped it. I don't know how light this one is but the rumor is that it's very light.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.