Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Lovepedal OD11

7 hours ago, cynic said:

same here...I've heard nothing

9 hours ago, mrjamiam said:

Still waiting on mine.

They will come, I have recieved everything I have purchased. Some came after the the next sale, but they always show up. 

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, bubs_42 said:

They will come, I have recieved everything I have purchased. Some came after the the next sale, but they always show up. 

Oh, I have zero concern about receiving them.  Even being dimly aware of some little turmoil in the staffing there, the orders will be fulfilled, 100%.  And I've got more to do than can be done while I'm waiting.

• 3 weeks later...

Just finished winding up the Jubilee through my DAW rig. Removed the battery and chuckled at the cotton padding surounding the 9volt. Removed the batt, covered the connector in said cotton and installed it on the pedalboard. 

I like it! It has a more linear volume taper than the PurplePlexi Plus Boost, and I can see leaving the boost on all the time just to drive the other pedals on down the line. It's a fairly, "snotty", Marshall distortion: not, "brown", but not, "JCM800." The overdrive is pretty abrupt, but is easily tamed with the tone control. To be fair, this pedal needs to be put in front of a loud, clean-ish amp as a second channel.

I have it going into a Neunaber Neuron preamp, next to a Torpedo CAB-M simulator and to my Macke firewire mixer. While it sounds great direct, I'm looking forward to putting the Jubillee into the front end of my very clean Soldano Astroverb16 and letting it fly.

All said, another winner from Lovepedal. I'd like to check out their Plexi/Echo combo pedal in the future.

....and I just took possession of the famous Les Lius pedal yesterday. It lives up to all the hype and is easily the best tweed amp in a box I have ever played. A forever keeper for sure.

Just wanted to add this here. Everyone make sure the battery is isolated. The insides are raw and if the battery makes contact your going to get noise. I used a paper towel, but if you like  @hamerhead and have a spare tampon plastic applicator you can use that too. 

On 9/8/2019 at 8:34 PM, cmatthes said:

Interesting and good to know.  I got an AMP11 in a little over a week ago and with travel, just got to check it out.  The regular channel is fine, but the Boost makes a LOT of noise when engaged.  A constant, unpleasant sound.   It’s weird, and pretty sure, not as intended. 

I had the same issue. First take the back off and make sure the battery is sufficiently covered. Mine was making contact with the case and that causes noise. Second, found it a bit touchy to my pedalboard power supply. I have one on a battery and one set up on a power supply and haven't had any issues after isolating the battery and adjusting the pedal to a different power supply.

1 hour ago, hamerhead said:

Or you could wrap the battery with electrical tape and not waste a tampon.

Bloody good idea!

Archived