Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Lovepedal OD11

Damn you, bubs! Now I had to go order a new Echophonic Jr. I paid full retail, but no tax and expedited shipping. This ones going on my Reinhardt 18 pedalboard. From the video demos, it's gonna sound killer.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, RobB said:

Damn you, bubs! Now I had to go order a new Echophonic Jr. I paid full retail, but no tax and expedited shipping. This ones going on my Reinhardt 18 pedalboard. From the video demos, it's gonna sound killer.

I was pretty amazed that I could get it to do what Pete was getting in the video. He did a great job with the Echoplex Video and I didn't like that pedal when I go it. When you turn the Modulation OFF, it doesn't modulate. Some pedals, don't do that, they always have some kind of modulation. My favorite delay so far, the OD11 is highly recommended, but if you don't have a boost pedal i'd just buy the Amp 11. 

Won’t need an amp/boost any time soon. I have a PurplePlexi Boost which pretty much fills the bill for that kind of Lovepedal. 

The Reinhardt gets boosted with a Fulltone ABY switcher. Sounds great on either amp input, but especially with both combined. A treble booster would sound great, too, but I’m gonna keep the pedalboard pared down to delay,  DynoMyRoto, ABY and tuner. 

12 hours ago, RobB said:

Won’t need an amp/boost any time soon. I have a PurplePlexi Boost which pretty much fills the bill for that kind of Lovepedal. 

The Reinhardt gets boosted with a Fulltone ABY switcher. Sounds great on either amp input, but especially with both combined. A treble booster would sound great, too, but I’m gonna keep the pedalboard pared down to delay,  DynoMyRoto, ABY and tuner. 

That is the hardest part, keeping it simple. The last two gigs I played I paid really close to the pedals I stepped on and if I really need to step on it. The new board gets 5 pedals. Tuner, Delay, OD, Boost, Trem. 

So the princeton arrived yesterday, I think I got the lucky end of the stick with this one. Now although it does not sound like the one I played at the local shop, things were not as they seemed. 

The Allen Mod is super usable and I love it, I have it turned up to about 11o'clock and it just makes it a little fuller sounding rolling off the high end a touch and brining in the mids. It had been serviced, capped, "Updated" with I believe everything is to 60's Specs since the recififer is like the 60's amps and not the 70's amps. 

All in all it turned out great. 

36 minutes ago, gtrdaddy said:

Make it six. Find a Red Witch Moon Phaser.

I was never big on phasers until I tried this one. 

I just realized what the hell I was after sound wise. Somehow i've been channeling my inner Joe Walsh. So a phase pedal isn't out of the question. 

• 1 month later...

Interesting. There is a lot of good will for the Timmy. Well deserved. I am hoping he brings back the "Tim" as I think it is an enhanced (usefully) version of the same pedal.

And rip offs of the Timmy seem to be a profit center for others....

2 hours ago, django49 said:

Interesting. There is a lot of good will for the Timmy. Well deserved. I am hoping he brings back the "Tim" as I think it is an enhanced (usefully) version of the same pedal.

And rip offs of the Timmy seem to be a profit center for others....

I liked the Timmy very much. I used it with a OCD on my board for about 15 Months a few years back. I sold the Timmy to buy a Tim and I didn't like it as much. 

The OD11 and the Amp11 are slightly different but I love both of them. 

11 minutes ago, bubs_42 said:

I liked the Timmy very much. I used it with a OCD on my board for about 15 Months a few years back. I sold the Timmy to buy a Tim and I didn't like it as much. 

The OD11 and the Amp11 are slightly different but I love both of them. 

Don't overlook the fact that, besides the variable boost function, the Tim also has the EFX circuit. That can be a nice toneshaping option if a person wants to stick an EQ in the loop and spend some time tweaking.

I was a good boy at this  weeks SNS. Didn't buy a thing. Saved a bunch of money. Felt good about myself and how I had showed restraint.

Then I wake this morning and there's an SMS going on!

I don't know if I can show self control twice in one week-end.

EDIT: And while I was here reading all the daily blabber, Sean gave away a free pedal! I'm always on another page when those Freebies come up. :(

1 hour ago, bubs_42 said:

Cool, just refreshed and a whole other batch is up. The Box of Awesome and Kalamazoo on deck! 

My mini tube overdrive from mono price sounds good but it also works well on my bass. This gives me one to use with the guitar amp.  The OD11 was only $20 more than the monoprice.  

On 7/20/2019 at 9:15 AM, bubs_42 said:

Damn I want the Jubilee Pedal. 

I had one of those, but traded it to Power Pop god, Cliff Hillis last fall.  I gave him the option between that or the JTM, and he liked the idea of the Jubilee better.  Both are great sounding Marshall boxes.

I hate these posts though - I get suckered almost every time.  Not even sure why I bought an AMP11 this morning...  :D

Archived