bubs_42 Posted December 31, 2021 Author Posted December 31, 2021 My mind was blown last week when I found out that ZZTop pretty much does Karaoke on stage for most of their performances, lip Syncing and all. So I guess it does' t matter who is playing bass. 28 minutes ago, Ting Ho Dung said: Last month? Who's the new bassist? Hologram?
Ting Ho Dung Posted December 31, 2021 Posted December 31, 2021 20 minutes ago, bubs_42 said: My mind was blown last week when I found out that ZZTop pretty much does Karaoke on stage for most of their performances, lip Syncing and all. So I guess it does' t matter who is playing bass. Damn, I guess it was just a dance routine.
BTMN Posted December 31, 2021 Posted December 31, 2021 Former longtime guitar/bass tech Elwood. He was good.
Jakeboy Posted January 1, 2022 Posted January 1, 2022 Hmmmm….I saw the Top back in August and I’d be shocked if what I saw and heard wasn’t live. BFG doesn’t have the speed he used to have and his voice has aged. That was all clearly audible as were various guitar noises that seemed off-the-cuff. But who knows?
hamerhead Posted January 1, 2022 Posted January 1, 2022 On 12/31/2021 at 6:46 AM, bubs_42 said: My mind was blown last week when I found out that ZZTop pretty much does Karaoke on stage for most of their performances, lip Syncing and all. So I guess it does' t matter who is playing bass. BLASPHEMY! You take that back and shut your dirty whore mouth!
bubs_42 Posted January 1, 2022 Author Posted January 1, 2022 1 hour ago, hamerhead said: BLASPHEMY! You take that back and shut your dirty whore mouth! Sorry bro, it was mentioned in the Greg Koch podcast and he made it sound like everyone in the industry knows they do it.
Jakeboy Posted January 1, 2022 Posted January 1, 2022 If this is true, then Frank Beard is the world’s Greatest mime, bar none.
bubs_42 Posted January 1, 2022 Author Posted January 1, 2022 2 hours ago, Jakeboy said: If this is true, then Frank Beard is the world’s Greatest mime, bar none. What I instantly missed after they continued on was Dusty's Vocals. I watched thier set, then went back and what a set from the last tour with Dusty it just made me miss him. Pretty simple google search, looks like a lot of the 80's stuff is backing tracks, even LEGS the vocals are tracked. Classic ZZ Top 70's Songs are played live. Then its a mix of tracks/live .
Jakeboy Posted January 1, 2022 Posted January 1, 2022 Legs def had backing synths in August. As did Gimme All Your Loving cause I heard at least one extra guitar track.
bubs_42 Posted January 2, 2022 Author Posted January 2, 2022 I've caught them "Live" twice, i'm not exactly going to ask for my money back. LOL
cmatthes Posted January 2, 2022 Posted January 2, 2022 I caught them from the front row a few years ago, and while there were definitely some backing tracks being played, Frank, Dusty and The Rev were 100% live.
soli'd Posted January 4, 2022 Posted January 4, 2022 There's also a rectangle version of the Expandora RI if round is funny to ya. https://reverb.com/item/34128221-expandora-squared-overdrive-distortion-fuzz-pedal
BTMN Posted January 6, 2022 Posted January 6, 2022 On 1/4/2022 at 5:31 PM, soli'd said: There's also a rectangle version of the Expandora RI if round is funny to ya. https://reverb.com/item/34128221-expandora-squared-overdrive-distortion-fuzz-pedal Produced by the same guy. Brad Kaufman.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.