Hamer Fan Club Message Center

NGD: Studio Custom

jujisque

New guitar day! I bought a Studio Custom. I picked it up while traveling, so I haven't had a chance yet to plug it in and fully test it out, but it's so beautiful I couldn't wait to share. 

https://imgur.com/a/OSQoorI

Sorry to redirect to Imgur, It's been too long since I've posted photos here. What's the best method to just get them to show up in this post? I'll then repost the photos

Acoustic voice is beautiful and loud. It resonates against me really well. 

The fretboard is also really dark, which makes the inlays pop out.

The neck is good and full, which I like a lot. It's maybe a bit more of a U than a C shape, with slightly larger shoulders than ideal, but I don't think it will bother me too much. It's about 0.92 at 1st fret and 0.98 at 12th

Beautiful! Where did you find that one?

Neck profile seems on the chunky side compared to those I played from that time period, at least in the profile you describe.  I tend to like thicker necks but less shoulders myself.

Enjoy!

Loooovvelly! I have an 06 in Aztec Gold (not a Custom): fabulous looking/sounding guitar (mine has SD 59's in it)...

hs1.jpg.c2092756daf346958bd4ab21b550131e.jpg

I had a twin for a while. It was my second SC. Loved the way it played and sounded, my back said too heavy, so I sold it and bought another Artist.

Great Score!!!

10 hours ago, jujisque said:

Acoustic voice is beautiful and loud. 

Who cares about the acoustic voice. HOW DOES IT SOUND CRANKED??! 😆

Archived