All Activity
- Today
-
FS/FT Friedman JJ Jr
Travis replied to Travis's topic in For Sale - Wanted to Buy - PIF - eBay & Other PSAs
October bump… -
Shishkov Ultimate— $5,200 Shipped
kizanski replied to DavidE's topic in For Sale - Wanted to Buy - PIF - eBay & Other PSAs
Great price! -
Fryette PS-2A
kurtsstuff replied to kurtsstuff's topic in For Sale - Wanted to Buy - PIF - eBay & Other PSAs
$725.00 -
I met Conrad and hung out with him many times at festivals when Venom were on the same bill as us. Just a lovely, down-to-earth Geordie lad who really had no idea how ground-breaking his band had been. Same story with Tom Warrior. He was a big fan of Hell's first incarnation in the 80's - to the extent that he found out where the band's rehearsal room was and just showed up one Saturday afternoon with a friend who was hosting him on his UK trip. The last time I saw him was in 2019 Switzerland at the HR Giger museum in Gruyeres. He was heavily involved with the museum at that time, keeping everythjng going after HR's passing in 2014. Farewell, Cronos. You still owe me three pints - but I'll allow it.
- 1 reply
-
- 2
-
-
-
Shishkov Ultimate— $5,200 Shipped
RobB replied to DavidE's topic in For Sale - Wanted to Buy - PIF - eBay & Other PSAs
Actually, you’re the third owner after @currypowder and myself. -
I’m letting this go for $900 to help cover some medical bills. I’ll also be selling off quite a bit of my gear over the next couple of months. Unfortunately, my health no longer allows me to continue with this hobby the way I’d like to. If anyone is interested in seeing what else I have available, I’m happy to do a video call and show you what I have. I’ll be selling guitars, amps, microphones, and quite a bit more.
-
"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by flawless technique or sharkfin picks; whether they have half a $20 or the whole $20; and whether they've swam with the dolphins or been in over 100 fistfights in their life." -- Martin Hamer King Jr., from an epistle to Joe, Ed Rechts and pAnZy, August 28, 1963.
-
Nathan's vocals remind me of another Guru, Bruce Dickinson. At least in this song.
-
Random (Music and Guitar Related) Thoughts Thread
Dave Scepter replied to LucSulla's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
-
https://www.decibelmagazine.com/2026/10/01/venom-frontman-conrad-cronos-lant-passes-away-at-63/ Conrad Thomas Lant, known worldwide in metal as Cronos, was the bassist, vocalist, and founder of Venom. He was born on January 15, 1963, in Kensington, London, and grew up in Newcastle, where he fully immersed himself in heavy metal from a very young age. Around 1979, he adopted the name Cronos and played guitar in a band called Guillotine, where he met Jeffrey Dunn, the future Mantas, and together with Abaddon they formed what would be Venom. With Venom, he recorded the albums that shaped the extreme metal. Welcome To Hell from 1981 and Black Metal from 1982 gave the genre its plan and even its name. It was a mix of a raspy voice, distorted bass, bullet belt, and a satanic aesthetic that would later be copied by everyone. He left the group in 1987, returned in 1995, and remained at the forefront for over four decades, completing twelve albums, the last one Into Oblivion already in 2026. The band itself defined him when it announced his death: for over four decades, his voice, his bass, and his vision were the heart of Venom. He died on October 1, 2026, at the age of 63, a news that Venom confirmed on Thursday on its social networks. The metal world said goodbye to him as one of its most influential figures, because that raw and dangerous sound of Venom traveled around the world and awakened musicians like James Hetfield, Tom Gabriel Warrior, and the entire generation that would later create black metal in Scandinavia.
-
Rick should have beat his ass right then and there.
-
TJV started following PSA: Diablo HSH - Metallic Deep Purple (No Affiliation)