-
Posts
1,982 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
1
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Everything posted by Bobby Marshall
-
On a somewhat related note, I spent a few months playing only an acoustic with 13s on her. After that 9 and 10 gauge felt like spaghetti. No problems bending them for quite awhile.
-
NHD and NAD Mesa Royal Atlantic
Bobby Marshall replied to Ralph's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Nice vector!!! I am sure the Mesa is good too. -
Advice on "restoring" a 1995 Hamer 12-string bass
Bobby Marshall replied to hairbo's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
That model is great. I have a B12S (double cut shape) and it is a really great sounding bass, not overly heavy. I would put in an X2N bridge and put a decent p in the neck, get the pots and caps right, and crush small communities with that bad mutha. -
Phantasm Bass
Bobby Marshall replied to anotherfreak's topic in For Sale - Wanted to Buy - PIF - eBay & Other PSAs
I really gave him a shot in the past and strongly considered buying from there but something always held me back. I would try to find and contact some satisfied customers before making any deal. Just my opinion. -
Well, it was fun....... but it's over.
Bobby Marshall replied to BCR Greg's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Caretakers of the marque? When they start making Charvels with Gibson type specs? This was their redhedded step child that they never wanted and have finally kicked out of the house. Not happy to say this either as things were lining up for me to put in a call to a Hamer dealer given their recent change of heart on CO. Fuck, indeed. -
Custom Order Arrival-Cue Theme From Jaws
Bobby Marshall replied to elduave's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
That's cool. -
Another Cali project begins
Bobby Marshall replied to diablo175's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Getting a matching truss rod cover??? -
Another Cali project begins
Bobby Marshall replied to diablo175's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
I never thought I could go for an animal print paint scheme . . . I was wrong. Hope you bring the pain and melt some faces with her. I can hear the dive bombs and squealing harmonics now . . . -
Sunburst appreciation thread
Bobby Marshall replied to Travis's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Red 79 and 77. -
Your Favorite 15 Minutes of Fusion Ever Recorded?
Bobby Marshall replied to FrankieIII's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
None of the music mentioned in this thread is enjoyed? There are non-musicians that dig fusion. The groove for example. "Often," not "always." I knew you meant often. Just giving you a hard time but not meant to be mean. Just kidding around. Need a smiley for that. -
Your Favorite 15 Minutes of Fusion Ever Recorded?
Bobby Marshall replied to FrankieIII's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
None of the music mentioned in this thread is enjoyed? There are non-musicians that dig fusion. The groove for example. -
Your Favorite 15 Minutes of Fusion Ever Recorded?
Bobby Marshall replied to FrankieIII's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
U.K., U.K. -
Prince residency in Chicago
Bobby Marshall replied to crunchee's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
I didn't know that about him. I have much more respect for him now. Thought he was one of those guys who never thought of anyone but himself and his next conquest. Come on, Taylor can almost sing in key and strum a guitar at the same time. I mean, how many people can do that? -
I've only seen one other shirtless guy playing that song on a guitar like that to a crowd of thousands do a better job. Edited to add And if it's gotten to the point that playing ability determines when, what, or how we can play I'm pretty fucked. I was referring to super rockstars and playing in front of a paying audience. If you are a super rockstar on tour, then yes, I mean you. Why doesn't your ability to play a song factor into whether you play it for an audience? Especially when you are a super rockstar. And if you are doing what appears to be a tribute performance of a song, I think it at least the main riffs should be played well with a similar tone and feel. But YMMV.
-
He jumped the shark for me when he covered a Van Halen tune shirtless while playing a Frankenstein clone. Edited to add He did not play the tune well enough to warrant playing shirtless on a Frankenstein clone. It would be like covering a Hendrix tune on one of Jimi's old guitars wearing a Jimi style outfit but not nailing the solo. Not cool to begin with, but even less cool when you don't deliver. He does usually play well, I will give you that, but this time was pitiful.
-
What happens when you combine two of the first electric guitar designs, P90 les paul and broadcaster? This beauty. Very nice
-
Prince residency in Chicago
Bobby Marshall replied to crunchee's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Now I know what I want to do this month. Thanks. -
the ten most righteous HFC-owned Hamers
Bobby Marshall replied to veatch's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
I must have simple tastes cause the butcher really intrigues me. Murkat or the owner of wyldbil's former sunburst murkat is refinishing should post here. That one seems to have some history. -
Tell us about your screen name
Bobby Marshall replied to chap's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Mine actually has nothing to do with the infamous amplifier manufacturer from the U.K. I share the same middle name with an infamous strat player who was in the U.S. Army for a spell.