Jump to content
Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Recommended Posts

Posted

Okay, first item in the entire auction, a cardboard replica of Uncle Dick. Current bid? $450.00! 

15681c64-7960-4955-815b-0465c0a01891?for

I've got no business going any further.  

  • Haha 4
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, velorush said:

Okay, first item in the entire auction, a cardboard replica of Uncle Dick. Current bid? $450.00! 

15681c64-7960-4955-815b-0465c0a01891?for

I've got no business going any further.  

it's even crazier when you consider there's 28% buyer premium on top of these prices! With that it's a $600 item!!!

Edited by DarkHammer
  • Like 4
Posted

Who's bidding on the  leather trench coat peed on by Nikki Six?

  • Haha 2
Posted

when Walter Becker passed a few yrs back, they auctioned off his tools of the trade.  I bid, conservatively on a few guitars and amps.  I watched the bids climb to where it was not reasonable, and just passed on everything.  The extra 28% was calculated into every bid I made, and the outrageous shipping too.  It looks like a great idea, till you pay double or more what any of it is worth.

Happy Bidding

  • Like 5
Posted
10 hours ago, hamerhead said:

You know, with inflation the way it is $450 could be the new $350.

When I first looked at it, the bid was HFC-approved $350. I even took a screenshot with the intent to post about it, but I got distracted and forgot. Thanks for reminding me!

Screenshot 2026-09-28 at 6.32.37 PM.png

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Posted

I have a feeling that with Rick's current health situation he has decided to unload a whole bunch of gear instead of leaving his family to have to deal with it.

  • Like 3
Posted

The two "You know you like it" Sunbursts would be nice, but the prices are going too high for most people.  

You have to wonder how many of those guitars are going to be up for sale in a month.  

  • Like 4
Posted (edited)

Why isn't 0004 Hamer Standard going to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

Hamer put Cheap Trick on the map.

Cheap Trick put Hamer on the Map.

I guess i didnt know Rick needed money this bad. First fires Bunny and hires his son.

Now selling iconic items instead of donating to Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame so his fans and future fans could see his guitars, outfits and spirit. 

To open an account at Julien's to bid.

They want a scan of a Govt ID.

A Selfie

A Biometric scan.

They want 25-26% buyers fee, tax and shipping.

Bidding $2750 brings it up to $3400 plus tax and shipping.

I really love the Hamer Korina Cherry Futura the Key Fob.

If anyone is feeling generous... I really like the key fob. 

https://www.juliensauctions.com/en/items/2297657/rick-nielsen-1999-hamer-futura-electric-guitar-cherry-red

https://www.juliensauctions.com/en/items/2297557/rick-nielsen-arman-serra-custom-uncle-dick-key-fob

It's an expensive Trick on Cheap Trick Fans.

I want to bid on one of two guitars but I'm not giving them a selfie and Biometric scan. 

Edited by Ham Rex
  • Like 3
Posted

Chances are there have been fans carelessly making bids they could never honor, ruining the auction process.  Without being there in person the auction house wants to make sure you are you in case they have to chase down the money.  

I rent trucks.  Now there is a facial recognition system that verifies a customer's identity.  It sucks.  It takes more time.  Truck and car rental companies are cracking down on loss prevention.  

  • Like 1
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Steve Haynie said:

Oh--  Heck with the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

I understand your thinking.

I know I've been inspired by museums and was thinking having the Zandard 0004 on display would inspire people.

Edited by Ham Rex
  • Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...