Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Holy F^*^in SH@#!!!!

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Almost 5K!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My aspirations went when the price stalled at $2800, but I would have never thought it would go this high. I dont think the seller imagined that it would ever go this high either.

I suspect Austin was bidder6 but I really hope he was 5????? Or at least someone we know.

Winning Bidder 5, "albiznus", opened account on May-28-03. I suspect it's someone well known who has kept this (and probably other) ebay accounts in the wings to stay anonymous.

Why is it that almost all the high-profile/high-price Hamers on ebay seem to have something odd going on?

fuckin' A, that's mad money for a Cali. Have Cali prices really gone that high?? Are setnecks really $2K (I've been out of the market a LONG time)?

we only benefit if this spurs Hamer to start building new ones - I'd love to put down $5K on a custom order Californian. But if they don't, then fighting tooth and nail whenever one comes up, that sucks. Well, it makes my personal stash more valuable, but I wouldn't sell them even if I lost both my arms. I'd figure out how to play with my feet or something - these guitars are that good.

Tobe you said both arms but, you didn't say anything about motors. :) I here you though. What would really suck is if you paid $5k for this and they started doing custom runs for $3.5k. :)

I think I would be more likely to pay $5k for a used one knowing that they weren't making any more, than $5k for a new custom one. I'd be afraid to play a guitar that cost that much. Damn.... how pissed would you be if you dropped a $5K guitar.

Jol, should start building these again tommrow, After seeing this. I love it!!!!

I can see it now, memo format.

To: Hamer

Subject: Realign Creative Vision

Dear Jol (aka Vintage Vibe Meister),

Please draw up plans for reintroduction of various versions of the now-vintage California. Especially the pretty ones with those maple tops.

Have them on my desk monday,

Later,

Bob

That bidder won't pay for that, I smell fish! Look for this guitar to pop-up for sale again in a week or two....Hilarious!

Classic eBay asshattery!

Yep! You got that right! :) Ebay can be its own "bizzaro world" sometimes.... :)

Archived