MCChris Posted March 8, 2005 Posted March 8, 2005 Midwest Jam V weekend is April 8-9 at Muse Cafe in Lansing, Illinois, a south suburb of Chicago. Click on the WWW tag at the bottom of this post for info on the venue including directions.MWJV is only a month away, so I'd like to get an approximate head count so wifey can figure out pricing for the Saturday night catering.I'm recommending the Hampton Inn in Munster; e-mail me for other hotel info in the area. I also have lots of room at my house; you can crash there if booking a hotel is cost-prohibitive.Again, the itinerary:Friday night, early arrivals gather at the cafe to check out a show featuring local acoustic acts Seventy Two Others and Stellar Road. Afterward we head down the street to a local pub for suds and socializing.Saturday we convene at the cafe around 10 a.m. for a caffeine fix before heading into Chicago to check out some of the more prominent music stores in the city (Make'n Music, Chicago Music Exchange, possibly Flynn Brothers in Evanston). Then back to the cafe around 5 p.m. for a catered dinner, adult beverages and the jam.E-mail me with any questions and SEND ME YOUR SONG SUGGESTIONS so we can learn 'em!
ctrixie Posted March 8, 2005 Posted March 8, 2005 Good morning Chris. Me & the Mr. are in for Saturday and the Jam for sure. Friday night we'll decide soon.
sirDaniel Posted March 8, 2005 Posted March 8, 2005 Isn't the ROCKCHILD staying in your crib?Me and Badger are locks...
earachemyeye Posted March 8, 2005 Posted March 8, 2005 Just booked a room so I'm in for both days.Joe
tobereeno Posted March 8, 2005 Posted March 8, 2005 well, my wife's already in Toledo one month ahead of what was planned, and I'm f-ing stuck in Korea, so sadly, I'm out. Damn, I really wanted to go too.
ET_KenW Posted March 8, 2005 Posted March 8, 2005 Put me down for two. Now I'll let the rest of the family fight it out to see who comes with. Chris, my son Eric said you were the best guitarist there Sunday night. He fared better with the volume than I did.
MCChris Posted March 8, 2005 Author Posted March 8, 2005 Chris, my son Eric said you were the best guitarist there Sunday night. Better guitarist than counter person, obviously. He seemed annoyed when he asked for a Thirster (that's what those little apple juice bottles are called, apparently) and I had no idea what he was talking about.
bruce919 Posted March 8, 2005 Posted March 8, 2005 I should be there. I hope to make it up for the guitar shops tour.
Regina Lee Posted March 8, 2005 Posted March 8, 2005 The Lee Family will be there. Just booked a room at the Hampton so Anthony can play in the swimming pool while everyone else hits the guitar stores.Regina
MCChris Posted March 8, 2005 Author Posted March 8, 2005 The Lee Family will be there. Just booked a room at the Hampton so Anthony can play in the swimming pool while everyone else hits the guitar stores.Regina That frees up the guest room! It's available for whoever wants it.
Guest Mike Lee Posted March 9, 2005 Posted March 9, 2005 Anthony is currently at the stage of development requiring the most severe baby proofing. He can get into pretty much anything, and climbs like a monkey. Add Chris' 3 dogs to the mix and it's more than any host should have to put up with.
ET_KenW Posted March 9, 2005 Posted March 9, 2005 Better guitarist than counter person, obviously. He seemed annoyed when he asked for a Thirster (that's what those little apple juice bottles are called, apparently) and I had no idea what he was talking about. Nothing against you Chris, he just doesn't like to wait, for anything. Plus he's a little shy, so the repeating of himself makes him act crazy. And the chocolate cake didn't help his mood.
Guest hectorp2 Posted March 9, 2005 Posted March 9, 2005 Count me in for at least 2 persons.Song ideas:"Something" Beatles"N.S.U." Cream"SWLABR" Cream
ctrixie Posted March 9, 2005 Posted March 9, 2005 Done - just booked 2 nights at the Hampton for us so we'll see y'all on Friday night. I'm in with JohnnyThunders and a Ramones jam, some Cheap Trick, and Back in Black/You Shook me
RJoseph133 Posted March 9, 2005 Posted March 9, 2005 I'll be there...at least for the Saturday night festivities. Depends upon how work is going that particular weekend for any of the others...
tomteriffic Posted March 9, 2005 Posted March 9, 2005 I'm in for both nights. Me and the Most Esteemed Redhead.
sirDaniel Posted March 9, 2005 Posted March 9, 2005 I'll be there...at least for the Saturday night festivities. Bring that STANDARD CUSTOM; I'll bring the checkbook...
Buster Posted March 10, 2005 Posted March 10, 2005 I would really like to be there, but my plans are still up in the air...that weekend is tight for me...going to give it the ol' college try though.
sirDaniel Posted March 10, 2005 Posted March 10, 2005 For those of you who have never been there...If you come ONLY to the jam (after 7 Sat), you miss alot of the good stuff. Late afternoon case opening/ooooogling is half the fun. AND the music store runs during the day always has a misadventure or 12.The day starts early at the MUSE for latte and early lunch. The food is tres bien!!!!
MCChris Posted March 10, 2005 Author Posted March 10, 2005 The day starts early at the MUSE for latte and early lunch. The food is tres bien!!!! Thanks for the props. You can check out the menu at my website.Who else is in? BruceM? Anyone been in contact with Schlep?
BruceM Posted March 10, 2005 Posted March 10, 2005 Who else is in? BruceM? I've been waiting to coordinate this trip with a visit with my parents in Decatur. Looks like it's going to work out. I'm looking forward to this!Vicious...You hit me with a flower!
Mobster Posted March 10, 2005 Posted March 10, 2005 I'm still trying to coordinate my plans. I have several trips happening over the next 2 months and I'm trying my best to fit this in. I'm sure it will be a terrific time!
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.