hikarateboy Posted March 10, 2005 Posted March 10, 2005 I wanted everyone to know that I have been replying to every email I have gotten recently of course 90% are about this new board. I am finding that 90% of the rejected emails I get back are to aol and earthlink accts. When I reply to emails from many of these people I get my messages kicked back.I am beginning to think that the spam blockers both services offer is part of the cause. Any thoughts on this. I have turned the old board back on since this is sucking and I need to be able to communicate with these people in both directions. Since they cant get an email from me hopefully I can answer and get feedback through that
edgar_allan_poe Posted March 10, 2005 Posted March 10, 2005 Ted...I have e-mailed you a couple of times.FWIW...I am just kidding about the shock and awe campaign.I don't know why you haven't gotten them, but I did send them....
cmatthes Posted March 10, 2005 Posted March 10, 2005 Poe:You are on my blocked email sender list too.
alpep Posted March 10, 2005 Posted March 10, 2005 ted FWIW I have experience trouble with people getting to me in the past few months. I am rather sure it is the spam blocker crap.al
BCR Greg Posted March 10, 2005 Posted March 10, 2005 Ted, you may want to put a redirect on the old site, I have had several calls asking why the site is down.
formula73 Posted March 10, 2005 Posted March 10, 2005 I have AOL, and I've had this problem with another site. You are right in assuming it is the spam blocker. I believe they (the site folk) talked to a tech at AOL or some such and managed to solve the problem. You might want to try that.The problem I'm having right now is that I'll be notified I've got a PM or a topic reply like a week after it actually appears. Kinda odd. Hope this helped at least a little bit.BrandonEdited to add: I'm sending this in a PM too incase you don't check frequently.
DavidE Posted March 10, 2005 Posted March 10, 2005 Our office is experiencing a HUGE problem with AOL's spam blocker. If one person from a source is considered spam, then NOBODY from that source can send email to anyone on AOL. Wideopenwest has been blocked by AOL more than once. It's freaking ridiculous.
Thisismike Posted March 10, 2005 Posted March 10, 2005 I got your emails like, But it took a couple of days. I've had nothing but trouble with AOL mail. That's why I use gmail now.
Guest cruster Posted March 11, 2005 Posted March 11, 2005 Speaking of gmail:I have fifty invites to send out if anyone else wants one. PM/email me.
JohnnyThunders Posted March 11, 2005 Posted March 11, 2005 I use to be in charge of outbound email for a big company, we sendtapprox 3 million emails a month to policy holders to communicate compnay innformation. First if you have AOL or Earthlink dump them very fast they are the worst internet providers in the world. We fought with them for years on why they kept blocking our mail to AOL policy holders even after we got on their "white" list god help you if your on their "blacklist". They are bunch of arogant jerks. I've noticed lately that most of the people I am communicating personaly with who are on AOL they are not get their email and I occasionally get a message that says your message is delayed. It's like a week old.
LittleC Posted March 11, 2005 Posted March 11, 2005 AOL SUCKS and earthlink isn't far behind!!! Goes to show you what marketing will do.
Guest galejt Posted March 11, 2005 Posted March 11, 2005 Ted, you may want to put a redirect on the old site, I have had several calls asking why the site is down. Hey. Why is Greg's bigger than all the rest?Newbies. Sheesh!
tomteriffic Posted March 11, 2005 Posted March 11, 2005 Sheez! from nothin' to 8000 posts in one day. Platzer and Kiz REALLY do need to get a life...
JohnnyB Posted March 11, 2005 Posted March 11, 2005 Poe:You are on my blocked email sender list too.Given the say firewalls and spam blockers filter out repulsive material, I'd say word got around about Poe's Xeroxed ass.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.