Hamer Fan Club Message Center

becoming familiar with Hamer

gmaslin

Question

Hello everyone. I recently played an SFX and liked it very much but was told they were not the best or most versatile Hamer so naturally, I became curious and ended up here. So. let's start with a feature set:

1. tapered/slim neck heel for easing high fret play and headstocks that don't angle strings to the nut.

2. great sound versatility that is coherent and familiar (ie: I hate most fat strats and prefer serial wired singles)

3. I prefer single coils but have played some very convincing split humbuckers so will not rule them out with a split circuit

4. I would like a generally high standard of build quality with action as low as I want it and comfortable, well seated edges

Now that I've described what I want, what should I be looking at?

Great thread to waste time on a Sunday evening. B)

Here are a couple of gmaslin threads that might be worth your time.

At DIYAudio gmaslin started two threads including all 18 of her total posts before gmaslin was banned. See if you can spot some patterns there in common with this thread.

Thread 1, Dec. 15-23, 2012

Thread 2, Dec. 20-22 + Feb 3, resulting in Moderator intervention, deletion of some objectionable posts, and the banning of gmaslin

gmaslin also started some threads at the Ovation Fan Club that get increasingly arcane and demanding. Here's a sample:

MWoody

Welcome to my thread. The brochures describe both the Viper and Preacher pickups as having 10k turns around Al-Nico magnets:

Did they use the same coil profile, wire and magnets and if so, does that indicate the humbuckers had twice the total wire?

How many lead wires were on the Preacher humbuckers? How many on the UK-II?

Would the UK-II humbuckers fit in the Preacher without modifications to the cavity or pickguard?

I have heard the Viper pickups considered relatively 'hot' for their day, can you name a common pickup that sounded very much like it?

Ditto for the Preacher pickups.

I've asked a lot of questions in this thread so please review them and answer as many as you can to the best of your knowledge and Miles should be able to fill in whatever you couldn't cover when he gets back.

Ovation Preacher thread

Ovation case latch thread

Even this thread about best rock intros devolves into the following:

Please note tongue firmly planted in cheek: does anyone else get the idea gmaslin listened extensively to EVERY song before composing a reply? Sorry g, but there have been so many comments I can't remember who all you are agreeing with...

and

Don't let gmaslin (Guitar) suck you all into another worthless argument. Just ignore....

Might as well add a couple more to the deathless list of quotes:

Is it so hard to believe that someone who looks as good as I do thinks as well as I do?

If I haven't individually addressed you it's probably because you don't deserve a personal reply but I will leave you with a psychological profile that probably fits you.

...Is it so hard to believe that someone who looks as good as I do thinks as well as I do? I'll be removing my avatar so you won't need to be distracted in the future. ...

Like night follows day, narcissists inevitably reveal themselves.

...Is it so hard to believe that someone who looks as good as I do thinks as well as I do? I'll be removing my avatar so you won't need to be distracted in the future. ...

I think that was semi-sarcastic.

Thorn

Since you initiated the doubt you should tell everyone what your traceroute turned up. Oh, and I think its funny that after 'calling bullshit' you end up friending me, hedging our bets are we? You're such an asshole.

I've been asked not to until after the investigation is completed.

Doesn't matter. Read the threads on the other forums. There's a pattern consistent with what we've seen here--an unusual request with an arcane and illogical set of requirements, followed by opacity, condescension, unreasonable expectations from a fan forum followed by browbeating and insults, followed by avoidance by forum members and a permanent ban.

Eh, words don't hurt, and she can't force anyone to do anything they aren't willing to do, like pay attention to arcane questions.

Some people's style may rub others the wrong way. I usually tend to ignore style and focus on substance, and the substance so far has been asking for information. Ignore the shadows, answer the questions that interest you, ignore those that don't.

Seems to work pretty well in every online community I've been part of.

I know I've rubbed plenty of people the wrong way before. Maybe I have the self-awareness to know when to back off, but I just can't see where internet words hurt anyone.

Doesn't matter. Read the threads on the other forums. There's a pattern consistent with what we've seen here--an unusual request with an arcane and illogical set of requirements, followed by opacity, condescension, unreasonable expectations from a fan forum followed by browbeating and insults, followed by avoidance by forum members and a permanent ban.

It appears to me the whole thingy is a psychology PhD student study that eventually will end up being published as THE BOOK of "Guitar Forum Mankind - Who Looks As Good As I Do Thinks As Well As I Do! "

I find it interesting that someone with such vast experience, knowledge, and beauty is so completely uneducated about who and/or what makes a superior instrument.

I am a retired stripper.
I've dated rock stars and celebrities
I'm probably too smart for my own good

I'm pretty!

I'm desirable!

I'm smart!

Sorry about the metaphorisms

I make up words!

Some of the more enterprising among you may have discovered some of my photos.

Is it so hard to believe that someone who looks as good as I do thinks as well as I do?

I'll be removing my avatar so you won't need to be distracted in the future

Please search for me!

I'm pretty! I'm smart!

I'm so pretty it's distracting!

I'm no snob.I like any good guitar no matter where its made.

From the sound of it you found one you really like. Why not go with what your woman's intuition tells you and buy it or one like it. Go get it and enjoy it. What the components are or where it is made shouldn't change how much you liked it. This thread can't and shouldn't do anything to change how you feel.

Subject covered in my opinion and it took way to long to get here.

Archived