Jump to content
Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Ultra cool Vector


ZR

Recommended Posts

Posted

Too many cool custom going-ons with this guitar, and a reputable seller to boot. I can't believe no one's hit it yet.

Posted

Very Cool guitar but.....it's been my experience that it's a bitch to sell a guitar that has your name inlaid on it.....unless you happen to have the same name but if you don't and you buy it.....some people might think your pitching for the "other team"....know what I mean???....lol :blink:

Posted

Big Neddi is asking big dollars for a guitar that has "has lots of dents, dings, scracthes, paint chips,etc", "I played it hard".

Has had the strap button moved from the back to the top cutaway. Needs to be rewired. His name is inlaid on it.

And it looks like the gender confused offspring of Randy Rhoads and Michael Shenker.

I'd give him $400 shipping included :blink:

Posted
Very Cool guitar but.....it's been my experience that it's a bitch to sell a guitar that has your name inlaid on it.....unless you happen to have the same name but if you don't and you buy it.....some people might think your pitching for the "other team"....know what I mean???....lol :blink:

Would it not be possible to remove his name from

the fretboard and put in a different inlay. Your own

name or a skull with bones, the image of a piece of cheese or

just a cute bird or dolphin or perhaps a little kitten?

Any good guitar tech should be able to do that. Greg?

Posted

It is totally possible to route it out and replaceit with something else BUT it's a bitch and ain't gonna be one of those $10 5 minete jobs as there's always something unforseen when you tackle something like this.

Can't live with it....don't buy it !

Jem

Posted

Why would you have to route it out? Its just an inlay.

I'll bet it could be done pretty easy by Master Greg or any one with a little experience.

I've seen plenty of them just fall out over the years.

Posted

living near milwaukee, I played this guitar briefly a few years ago..

I wanted it bad because I am into black and white guitars and especially b&w graphics....

shes been run hard. neddi is a player and a DAMN GOOD ONE...

there are numerous amounts of dings and dents.... normally I could live with that for the shear rarity, but some of the dots seem to be almost peeling off through the clear coat....a couple are partially missing on the neck... you can feel the dots in the finish on the back of the neck, hamer shouldve used urethane or polyester on this one.

none of the electronics are original....

the case is rough.....

the inlay is loose and is removable, originally neddi wanted to keep it but I said I wouldnt take the guitar without the inlay....hey thats part of what makes the guitar cool......

I buy gutars because theyre interesting and rare not based on who's name is one the headstock or inlay. a name only adds to the custom aspect...

I checked with kim keller to see about getting it refinnned , and hamer wanted nothing to do with it...at any cost.

you could always do a gmw polyester refinish and it would look brand new... but they dont use lacquer and if you are gonna go through all the time and expense ,

I would guess gmw would charge at least $500-600 to strip and refin and split relogo the headstock,

so that on top of what neddi wants for the guitar , wouldnt you want it to be restored properly with the same material and by the same people that originally painted it ?

refin guitars dont command much resale $ anyway, doing it wrong would only further detract from its value...

its awesome I'd still love to have it.... BUT

"its something one would really have to keep as is"

.... neddis a great guy.

we talked back and forth on this guitar for almost 2 years, but never hooked up .

I know he wants to finsih up his bike.. and I hope he has her ready for this summer !

best, john

Posted

Why an inlay of a piece of cheese? Go for the real thing. Hell, it could be a cool snack storage place and you could vary the kinds of cheeses based upon your own whim or desire. Today gouda, tomorrow camembert (although that is a little soft for an inlay cheese).

Cool guitar.

Posted
Why would you have to route it out? Its just an inlay.

I'll bet it could be done pretty easy by Master Greg or any one with a little experience.

I've seen plenty of them just fall out over the years.

And replace it with what ??? Sorry but i can't get to the pic at work but someone mentioned it was a peice of cheese or something, if you don't want the same thing back in you're gonna have to route it out to either do something else or just fill up the whole....ahh, someone says it's loose on a post but you're still gonna have to fill it up again.

Jem

Posted

Right, just fill it with a new peice of pearl or fill it with a peice of wood.

It would be easy to do. If it's falling out and loose anyway then half of the work is already done.

Posted

I'll have to wait 'till i get home to have a peek...fairly irrelevent as i'm not in the market but i've done quite a lot of inlay over the past year or two and things that look easy (like putting a 24'th fret marker where there wasn't one) turn out to be a pain beyond compare whereas cutting a HAMER logo in pearl with letters about 8mm tall was a relative piece of piss although i thought it was going to be a nightmare. Sorry, i'll get back to Harmony Central :);):blink: :angry: :lol:

Jem

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...