Jump to content
Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Recommended Posts

Posted

                                                                                           Experts...................... what say ye?:)

Posted

I'm not a fan of many trans black finishes, but that's very nice.

Original electronics would have included sustaniac, yes?  

Posted

Correct - Sustainiac.

Posted

Very interesting.  Based on the rear control cavity plate and plastic battery compartment it came with the Sustainiac GA-2 system (typical for that year I believe) that used the sustainiac driver as a neck pickup with a single coil neck pickup route, but the neck pickup on that body looks as if it was routed for the GA-1 system (that required a separate neck pickup and therefore was a humbucker route).  That is pretty cool, I've never seen that before.  Best of luck with the sale, it's a gorgeous guitar for sure. 

Posted

Hm...The body looks kinda strange. Looks like something is off... I do not know what exactly.  Can it be that the edges are way too round for Chap? It looks like Carvin with those edges. Control cavity shape? Are you sure the body is original?

Posted
54 minutes ago, JustKid said:

Hm...The body looks kinda strange. Looks like something is off... I do not know what exactly.  Can it be that the edges are way too round for Chap? It looks like Carvin with those edges. Control cavity shape? Are you sure the body is original?

I think it is better to ask a Hamer Collector. What do you guys think?

Posted

Absolutely. When you can't ask the seller ( or you do not get an any kind of answers from the seller), you ask a "Hamer Collector".
    So I'm just stating my personal opinion ( or, rather, asking an unaswered questions as a potential buyer), based on only cpl hundreds Calis' and Chaps in all kinds of configurations( with about 70+% calis, but still) that I had (and still have quite a few of), and I've never seen a cavity of this shape. But I'm pretty sure that there are real Hamer Collector guys, who's seen more and might chime in on it. I'd be happy to learn something new.

 

Chap Cav.jpg

Posted
2 hours ago, JustKid said:

I've never seen a cavity of this shape.

Chap Cav.jpg

Neither have I come to think of it.  I'd like to see a wider angle picture.  Perhaps it had a few body mods?

Was the pickup neck rout originally single coil sized and modded for a humbucker?

The body edges do look a bit "Vintage S".  Was this original too?

Posted
2 minutes ago, DBraz said:

Neither have I come to think of it.  I'd like to see a wider angle picture.  Perhaps it had a few body mods?

Was the pickup neck rout originally single coil sized and modded for a humbucker?

The body edges do look a bit "Vintage S".  Was this original too?

I'm guessin'...you should ask Hamer Collector too 

Posted

Yeah, there's nothing weird about your Chap at all, other than it's had the Sustainiac replaced with a regular humbucker. And that's not actually weird; tons of Chaps have had that done to them :)

-

Austin

Posted
9 minutes ago, TomiBoogie said:

most chaparrals are different than this one here. i just found one where everything on the back of the body is identical to mine. also the body shape, cavities.here is a back picture of a 1992 chaparral holoskull with sustainiac. this is identical. every screw. here is the entire link:
https://reverb.com/item/77191-hamer-chaparral-holoskull-1992-hand-painted-sustaniac-system ...

Good job. I got no more questions...other than price related. Will be in touch.

Posted
43 minutes ago, JustKid said:

Good job. I got no more questions...other than price related. Will be in touch.

i think being a luthier helped me here a little. otherwise i would have thrown her in the trash! xD

ok. but the ebay auction runs out in 5 days, 12 hours. so before that would be good. i will only cancel the auction if i dont like the bidding.

but i still have not found one chap elite with a flamed body, not to mention one with sustaniac also. maybe i am going to put the original pickups back in, to restore its condition.

if i sell 2 other guitars, i will keep this one and restore its condition, because the chap appears to be a little more rare than i thought in the beginning.

Posted

Our pal DavidE has a monster Chap Elite with a flamed body. 

 

-Bobby

Posted
5 minutes ago, hamerboy_ said:

Our pal DavidE has a monster Chap Elite with a flamed body. 

 

-Bobby

cool! could you send me some pictures? does it have a sustaniac?

Posted

I know a guy who has 4-5 flamed body Chaps.  I think I have pics of at least 3 of them that I'll post from home later.  That was a custom upcharge option - certainly a rarity, but not unheard of at all.

Posted
23 minutes ago, cmatthes said:

I know a guy who has 4-5 flamed body Chaps.  I think I have pics of at least 3 of them that I'll post from home later.  That was a custom upcharge option - certainly a rarity, but not unheard of at all.

i was talking about elite versions. so far i have not seen 1 anywhere :-)

Posted

First that came to mind ( was gonna get it back then): http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hamer-USA-Chaparral-Elite-MINTy-Solid-Maple-Case-WOW-Californian-183A-/200931733663?nma=true&si=Jsgi00ViLexNFc%2B8z2qpsin73BE%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

They are nice guitars, no doubt about that. And there's not many of them circling around, but they come up once in a while here and there. 

Here's another one :

 

HamChapMaple.jpg

Posted
1 hour ago, TomiBoogie said:

i was talking about elite versions. so far i have not seen 1 anywhere :-)

That's exactly what I'm talking about. 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...