rugby1970 Posted December 1, 2018 Posted December 1, 2018 I can't afford it right now but I call dibs, double dibs!
conorb Posted January 23, 2019 Posted January 23, 2019 Any idea of the weight? I remember these but a bit thick in the weight department. thanks.
ArnieZ Posted January 23, 2019 Author Posted January 23, 2019 8 hours ago, conorb said: Any idea of the weight? I remember these but a bit thick in the weight department. thanks. 9# on my scale... me + guitar minus me arnie
T-51Fred Posted February 13, 2019 Posted February 13, 2019 On 8/29/2018 at 12:42 PM, Pieman said: Curious. Does the Fishman/piezo take anything away from the "pickup" (?) side? I had and loved one of these. But it sounded nothing like a fender and could not be made to with any pickup change. That said, it was great. The powerbridge required a stereo or twin ended cord. Most of my amps are single input so I had to use two to get the most out of it. I sold it to a worthy owner here. They are great, but not tele sounding.
ArnieZ Posted March 4, 2019 Author Posted March 4, 2019 can't believe I still own this bump..... make an offer, reasonable of course😃 arniez
FGJ Posted March 4, 2019 Posted March 4, 2019 On February 12, 2019 at 7:04 PM, T-51Fred said: I had and loved one of these. But it sounded nothing like a fender and could not be made to with any pickup change. That said, it was great. The powerbridge required a stereo or twin ended cord. Most of my amps are single input so I had to use two to get the most out of it. I sold it to a worthy owner here. They are great, but not tele sounding. Swap the bridge for a Fender ashtray bridge/brass saddles and it'll get you to a Tele sound, depending on your choice of pups. I think that ashtray bridge is what really gets that Tele twang. The stock T51 bridge may have performed well, but I don't think it was the right fit for a Tele clone. I mean, either go all the way with the clone or make an intentional, substantive departure, like the Talladega.
Marvelicious Posted March 4, 2019 Posted March 4, 2019 Totally agree about the bridge. Scale length and pickups will get you in the ballpark, but you need the ashtray to get out on the field. I feel the same way about strats and stamped saddles: to get what I consider to be the "real" vintage strat tone you need them. Obviously there are different opinions and plenty of strats have been made without, but if you ever hear an A/B comparison with all other things being equal, it's a pretty noticeable difference.
rugby1970 Posted March 4, 2019 Posted March 4, 2019 19 hours ago, ArnieZ said: can't believe I still own this bump..... make an offer, reasonable of course😃 arniez I still have love for this guitar but none of mine have sold so I can't buy this masterpiece. Yet!
jim777 Posted April 10, 2019 Posted April 10, 2019 Same boat, nothing moving or I would buy it for the piezo alone.
BubbaVO Posted April 10, 2019 Posted April 10, 2019 Ugh... What a horrible case of GAS this produces....
rugby1970 Posted April 10, 2019 Posted April 10, 2019 Yup. I'm so bloated I don't know whether fart, burp or buy.
stedge Posted April 28, 2019 Posted April 28, 2019 So just to clarify, one can or cannot use this as-is with a regular mono cord? And despite piezo and wiring replacing w plain standard tele bridge is easily reversible? Dumb questions, but not clear to this bloated (for more... natural reasons) old fart.
ArnieZ Posted April 28, 2019 Author Posted April 28, 2019 2 hours ago, stedge said: So just to clarify, one can or cannot use this as-is with a regular mono cord? And despite piezo and wiring replacing w plain standard tele bridge is easily reversible? Dumb questions, but not clear to this bloated (for more... natural reasons) old fart. Can be used with a mono cord, will only have magnetics available. Would assume bridge can be changed, obviously no piezo then. I do have a standard t51 control plate that comes with the guitar. For full transparency I do not know whether the current bridge uses the original holes for installation. Never asked and never looked arniez
ArnieZ Posted July 12, 2019 Author Posted July 12, 2019 On hold deposit received final payment pending arniez
Gabe Posted July 13, 2019 Posted July 13, 2019 Congrats to the buyer and thumbs up to the seller! 👍 Gabe 😀
pablo Posted July 13, 2019 Posted July 13, 2019 On 9/18/2018 at 9:56 AM, vicjoy1945 said: I have her her Daytona "sister" with same finish, rosewood board and pic guard !! the sisters/brothers must be toghethers always
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.