Hamer Fan Club Message Center
Sign in to follow this  
hamerhead

Scotch?

Question

Don't drink the stuff myself, but as a gag I told my nephew I'd get him a bottle for helping me out. Name me a decent Scotch that isn't kerosene that's worthy of gag-giftness.

Posted (edited)

Re the conniption, Yessir!

Edited by stedge
Added context

Find the right recipe.......

The JonBenét Ramsey: This is your classic Shirley Temple with a twist: Simply mix grenadine, a maraschino cherry, lemon-lime soda, and enough Scotch to make the unforgivable mistake of wetting the bed.

• Haha 2

I was a scotch drinker for most of the 80's and  90's. Johnny Walker Red is a solid blend and a good introduction to the basic concept.  My favorite, before I transitioned to tequila, was Laphroig.  It's very much an acquired taste, with primary flavor notes of cilantro and ivory soap.

Johnny Walker, J&B or Dewars are a safe choice for a scotch newbie.  Avoid Passport or anything made in Japan!

Posted (edited)
On 5/4/2020 at 12:41 PM, 0054 said:

I haven't drank in nearly 20 years but when I did The Glenlivet was the preferred scotch. A little pricey for a gag gift though the 12yr old is only $30. Get him the  25yr old version for $400+,,,, that'll surprise him.

Edited by LordsoftheJungle
  • Haha 1