Jorge Posted September 20, 2021 Posted September 20, 2021 On 9/18/2021 at 6:37 PM, bubs_42 said: The question that you should be asking yourself is why the hell are people paying 1k or more for China and Indonesian Guitars? Fact of the matter is that offshore manufacturing is getting damn good fast. I can walk through my local store and look at all the new stuff coming out and the fit and fishes are top knotch, playability is fantastic. THIS. If you're a collector/Hamer fan, you will want to purchase rare-or-not-that-common Hamer guitars and, since there will always be romantics, you will probably make money if you are patient. But if you are not "in love" with the brand, play a Korean-made Guild Les Paul-ish guitar and you cannot justify buying a USA 90's Hamer for quality. Not anymore.
RBG Posted September 20, 2021 Posted September 20, 2021 When I see used standard spec'ed Collings solid bodies or f-hole models listing in the $4,000 range, it makes me think these used Hamer's are still underpriced. What I see are fewer and fewer really EXCELLENT condition listings. I'm a Baby Boomer and what I really wonder is will the next younger generation of guitar players give a damn. Who knows what values will look like 5 or 10 years from now.
Armitage Posted September 20, 2021 Posted September 20, 2021 I was just saw an ad for an early '80 Ibanez Destroyer for $4,000... but Hamers are too much...
Stike Posted September 20, 2021 Posted September 20, 2021 1 hour ago, Armitage said: I was just saw an ad for an early '80 Ibanez Destroyer for $4,000... but Hamers are too much... I'm glad I got my 79 Iceman when I did.
bubs_42 Posted September 20, 2021 Posted September 20, 2021 @Stikeabsolutely some guitars just plain old bring the bucks. I don't have much anymore, but i'm happy it what I have. Still looking though. LOL
Stike Posted September 21, 2021 Posted September 21, 2021 4 hours ago, bubs_42 said: @Stikeabsolutely some guitars just plain old bring the bucks. I don't have much anymore, but i'm happy it what I have. Still looking though. LOL Yeah, I'm still waiting for when 92 Sunbursts really bring.the bucks. 😂
Tortious Posted September 21, 2021 Posted September 21, 2021 Here's one example - just showed up at Dave's, before I could hit the buy button, it was gone, $3,000. https://davesguitar.com/products/hamer/korina-standard-limited-95/ Overall, some things have gone up, but less than a lot of people seem to perceive. All the ones with the asstronomical prices are the ones that are sitting.
Armitage Posted September 21, 2021 Posted September 21, 2021 Much better/cooler guitar then that '80s Ibanez...
crunchee Posted September 22, 2021 Posted September 22, 2021 9 hours ago, Tortious said: Here's one example - just showed up at Dave's, before I could hit the buy button, it was gone, $3,000. https://davesguitar.com/products/hamer/korina-standard-limited-95/ Overall, some things have gone up, but less than a lot of people seem to perceive. All the ones with the asstronomical prices are the ones that are sitting. I'd like to be an asstronomer, but I always get sidetracked looking at moons. Sometimes certain guitars move fast at Dave's, blink and you'll miss out on them, like this one. Tortious was kind enough to post the link. Even if I can't buy, looking is still fun and interesting. Kinda reminds me of the old Hee-Haw 'guitar hunter's' lament in the chorus of PFFT You Were Gone, which (as far as I can tell on an online search) Archie Campbell and Buck Owens wrote initially, but there's craploads of variations for the rest of the song (and guest singers) from the show: Chorus: Where, where, are you tonight? Why did you leave me here all alone? I searched the world over And thought I found true love You met another, and PFFT you were gone https://www.lyricsbox.com/buck-owens-pfft-you-were-gone-lyrics-f55qg56.html Kinda fits guitar huntin' and tone chasin' and then some, don't it?
neastguy Posted September 23, 2021 Posted September 23, 2021 ok so everybody dont get mad at me when I post my special for a high price
L2A3 Posted September 23, 2021 Posted September 23, 2021 I just paid what many here will consider an "asstronomical price" for a '07 NAMM style (bound/inays) Korina Vector, but it is an amazing guitar and seems like a bargain compared to the going rate for others in it's class. Prices are up on everything and with the crazy priced Gibby korina reissues it is the worst time to be buying pointy korina things but I have wanted one of these since the first time I saw a photo, and I'm not sure how many were made but I have only ever seen 3 (possibly 4 - one with a headstock repair sold on Reverb recently but it may be one I saw before the break). Anyway there are no more coming so if you see rare things you want the time to buy it is when you see it, you may not get the chance again. Note: I actually did have a chance to buy one of these back in 2013 and I passed b/c the price was too "asstronomical". HA! You can guess how that worked out for me this time around.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.