Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA - Hamer Custom Chapparal - setneck on the verb

3 minutes ago, JustKid said:

That's not "busy electronics". The guitar had sustainiac, but I guess seller "forgot" to mention it.

I'm not sure how that is a feasible working set up- my limited knowledge of Sustainiacs is there needs to be a solid 3 inches or more between a neighboring pick up and the driver pickup. 🤔

6 minutes ago, diablo175 said:

I'm not sure how that is a feasible working set up- my limited knowledge of Sustainiacs is there needs to be a solid 3 inches or more between a neighboring pick up and the driver pickup. 🤔

Humb can have driver in one bobbin and regular single in another.

driver.jpg

3 minutes ago, JustKid said:

Humb can have driver in one bobbin and regular single in another.

driver.jpg

Huh.

From the Sustainiac page:

We need 3 inches MINIMUM spacing between bridge pickup and Sustainiac driver (measured center-to-center). 3.5 inches is even better. Placing a single-coil pickup next to the driver. This does not work well. The Sustainiac works fine, but the side-by-side permanent magnetic fields of our patented bilateral driver "bend" the field of a single coil pickup. The result is that the sound of three of the strings will have about 6dB lower output level than the other three strings. Same for a humbucker with "stacked" coils. A mini-humbucker with conventional "side-by-side" coils pickup doesn't exhibit this problem as much. In our opinion (and that of most customers), the Sustainiac driver sounds better than most mini-humbuckers. It also has the new dual-sound feature.

• Like 1

Had several Chaps with sustainer, never noticed any drops, had Jap Jackson with it also with no problem, may be I didn't notice, since I'm not much of a single-in-the-neck kinda guy when it comes to shredder's guitars, but Hamer made quite a few Chaps with sustainer in a form of humb and I'm yet to hear any complaints, not that I was looking for any

40 minutes ago, JustKid said:

Had several Chaps with sustainer, never noticed any drops, had Jap Jackson with it also with no problem, may be I didn't notice, since I'm not much of a single-in-the-neck kinda guy when it comes to shredder's guitars, but Hamer made quite a few Chaps with sustainer in a form of humb and I'm yet to hear any complaints, not that I was looking for any

I have a humbucker-sized Sustainiac in this one- it's obviously feasible.

DK LE Bod.jpg

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Cboss said:

I'm not crazy about their ridiculous pricing

I guess it depends on which side of the fence you're on... if you're a potential buyer, yeah, that sucks however, I'm happy to finally see these glorious hand built quality instruments get the well deserved money... especially when you see less quality guitars go for more "just on name recognition" 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Dave Scepter said:

I guess it depends on which side of the fence you're on... if you're a potential buyer, yeah, that sucks however, I'm happy to finally see these glorious hand built quality instruments get the well deserved money... especially when you see less quality guitars go for more "just on name recognition" 

They were hand built in Indo?

Never mind. Reverb bumped me to another ad from the link above. 

Edited by Saul Goodman

On 9/26/2023 at 1:38 PM, ChugD said:

W.T.F. Guitars keeps 'em comming.   Cool color but I am not crazy about busy electronics.

https://reverb.com/item/73873165-hamer-custom-chapparal-setneck-solid-maple-body-rev-headstock-h-s-h-1990-trans-grey-black

Peter is a long-standing member here - I think he first signed on in ‘96 or ‘97 when we first started out as the HFC.

He has (or knows where to find) A LOT of the cool toys!!

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, Eli said:

I bought a set neck flame top Chaparral from him.  He's a gold standard of sellers, imo.

IMG_1315.jpeg

I don't know.  Tons of great guitars, but after doing significant legwork to arrange a way to purchase it, he ghosted me and guitar sold a couple of days later.  I was after that green chap listed this week, I can't tell you how long I've waited for a green maple Hamer, or a modern Chap body with the classic headstock, let alone these two things together.  If any of you guys snagged it, hit me up.  

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, narad said:

I don't know.  Tons of great guitars, but after doing significant legwork to arrange a way to purchase it, he ghosted me and guitar sold a couple of days later.  I was after that green chap listed this week, I can't tell you how long I've waited for a green maple Hamer, or a modern Chap body with the classic headstock, let alone these two things together.  If any of you guys snagged it, hit me up.  

Well,

That's unfortunate.  But all I can say is that the floyd on this one had a stripped out saddle mount on the base plate and he came and hand delivered me a new Hamer branded floyd as a replacement.

• Like 8