Hamer Fan Club Message Center

2016 Gibson Midtown Deluxe

Excellent condition, limited edition from Gibson (made only in 2016). A few minor scratches on the back (not through the finish) is the only user wear I see. The hardware has been changed to gold. Currently strung with 10-52 GHS Boomers; extra sets will be included. The pickups are Guitar Fetish's "Vintage Extra Hot." Includes OHSC.

It's almost like playing a semi-hollow version of an SG. It doesn't quite have the bark of an LP, but it doesn't have the weight of one, either (8.27 pounds). The cutaways allow full access to the upper frets.

Want a smaller, fancier version of the ES-335? Then this is the guitar for you! Originally sold for $2,500; it can be yours for $1,450 shipped to the lower 48 states.

PICTURES ADDED BELOW.

i love my standard midtown!

The Midtowns aren't very popular, but I find they are really comfortable to play. Since I got it, it's very hard to put down. I'm only selling it to downsize. 

On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 8:46 AM, Thundersteel said:

The Midtowns aren't very popular, but I find they are really comfortable to play. Since I got it, it's very hard to put down. I'm only selling it to downsize. 

I got my 1st usa hamer (25th annv) back in the 90s because I wanted a smaller sized 335 type.

recently I briefly owned an epi 339, sounded nice but had bad upper fret access

(& no control panel cover for easy pup swaps).

my midtown checks all the boxes and sounds better than the hamers I've owned and the 339.

I've been playing it almost every day since it was listed, and it's quickly becoming one of my favorites.

I've thinking about listing some single-cuts--stay tuned. 

• 2 weeks later...

Stunning guitar!  

Whats the neck like on your midtown?  Could you reference it to LP 50's or 60's or Hamer vintage or modern?

• 1 month later...

Yup--still here collecting dust!

Edit: NO LONGER FOR SALE!

I played it again today, and it flat-out rocks! I honestly tried not to like it, due to the Richlite board and the non-arched top, but it sounds great, and the upper fret access is unparalleled. Plus, I just sold my Newport, so my Midtown is a keeper! 

Edit: unless I get an offer I can't refuse! 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived