-
Posts
31,693 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
495
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Everything posted by cmatthes
-
Gibson seeks chronlogically incorrect instrument
cmatthes replied to Willie G. Moseley's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
No reason for four separate threads on this topic, so they're being consolidated here in the original post. Thanks! -
Gibson seeks chronlogically incorrect instrument
cmatthes replied to Willie G. Moseley's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
-
Yes. He sold it last year.
-
I've played that one more than any Shishkov I don't already own and shared a few stages with it as well. It's nearly identical to my #0001 and is from the same batch. Killer guitar!! This is from the night I drove 3 of the first 4 Ultimates from CT to MD.
- 14 replies
-
- 14
-
-
Same! Black Hondo II LP Custom copy.
-
It's not looking good for him at all...the family is talking about taking him off life support as early as this evening? He was definitely one of the main reasons I first picked up a guitar as an 11 year old kid. My first "good" guitar was a Cherry Sunburst Les Paul Custom that I saved up for for a long time...I did have it refinished by PRS in Blue Holoflake, but that's still "Ace Approved" in my opinion. Damn.
- 23 replies
-
- 13
-
-
I’m trying to get ahold of user MAXSCHREK
cmatthes replied to Dave Harris's question in Ask the HFC Experts
This is truly the "feel good" story of the year! -
- 19 replies
-
- 14
-
-
Anika is a total monster behind the kit. I also caught her on the final Jeff Beck tour - she is the real deal.
-
I've got a few electric 12s and an amazing Guild Jumbo. I love 'em. I got a Rickenbacker 360/12 back in the mid-80s, but eventually moved that along because it was honestly, miserable to play, despite sounding great. I've had the 12-string bug since then though. I got an Eclipse XII 30 years ago, which allowed me to move my Rick guilt-free, as it was a better playing guitar and I could get the Rickenbacker sounds needed...and more. I sold that here and ended up turning that into this gorgeous Newport 12: I had one of these that I ordered new in the '90s and foolishly sold - it was way too fun: Since I kinda missed that, I had an opportunity to have a cool Cali Doubleneck built at the Hamer shop when they got a couple of super lightweight 22" Mahogany boards in stock. This is actually the very last serial numbered guitar stamped in New Hartford in April, 2014: I built this one out of boredom and lots of spare parts during the Pandemic (yes...it's PLAID): I always find the need to keep a 12 String Bass (or two) around, just because. The Guild is a 1991 JF-65-12 that my wife bought me from Gil Southworth as a law school graduation present. It's a CANNON! Bob Powers kindly added the DTAR in the New Hartford Guild shop a dozen or so years ago, and it's just incredible through a board:
- 17 replies
-
- 12
-
-
-
- 19 replies
-
- 12
-
-
- 19 replies
-
- 14
-
-
-
I got to hang with Mike and Trish last week for a long-overdue visit. I did manage to get a peek at #0093 (now residing with a happy new owner in the Greater Chicago area), and was -as always - blown away. Here's a bit of her story so far...in pictures:
- 19 replies
-
- 26
-
-
-
I’m trying to get ahold of user MAXSCHREK
cmatthes replied to Dave Harris's question in Ask the HFC Experts
-
Custom Monaco Superpro $2800
cmatthes replied to Oakley's topic in For Sale - Wanted to Buy - PIF - eBay & Other PSAs
Nice! There was one in that finish that was custom ordered, so I wasn't sure. That's a killer SP! -
My son was going back and forth between a new Chinese-built Electromatic and an older Korean one. In the end, and after trying dozens of new and like new used ones, he opted for the MIK model. It's a fantastic guitar, and if he decides he wants to upgrade it, I've got a few sets of TVJs around that he can toss in there. He's happy!
- 16 replies
-
- 14
-
-
I saw the band live on their 1992 "Break Like The Wind" Tour. I honestly found the live experience to be almost as funny, if not more so, than "This Is Spinäl Täp", which has been one of my Top 3 movies since 1984. So many obscure sight gags, and the show was so well done. Those guys have so much raw talent.
-
I saw it on Wednesday with the family and we all enjoyed it. Seeing it again with our neighbors tonight...
-
Custom Monaco Superpro $2800
cmatthes replied to Oakley's topic in For Sale - Wanted to Buy - PIF - eBay & Other PSAs
Was this one refretted? With stainless frets? -
Paul was long gone by the time that the O'Connor Holoskulls were a finish option.