-
Posts
31,688 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
495
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Everything posted by cmatthes
-
Paul was long gone by the time that the O'Connor Holoskulls were a finish option.
-
Not ever a consideration.
-
Nope.
-
Yes. Paul left Hamer in 1987. He was not with the company in 1992. A faulty recollection?
-
I seem to have depleted my adjectives, but...WHOAH! I was going for something in between a Strat and a Gretsch and an LP with my #0066, but I think you've upped the ante there, Jef!! Killer guitar - enjoy it in good health, sir!! 🤘
-
I've known Jay since the very early days of the HFC way back in the 20th Century. We hung out a fair bit over the years and I fondly recall a couple lunch breaks from work when Jay, Turdus and me got our greasy fingerprints all over a bunch of guitars at a nearby Northern VA Hamer dealer (good ol' Russ...). I caught him out playing in a band or two, and I think he probably struggled with the urge to throw a beer at one of my bands from the crowd over the years as well. Quite possibly, the funniest and smartest muthafuckah I've known, and I managed to stay out of the receiving end of his sometimes caustic wit for far longer than I didn't. I was probably his primary supporter behind the scenes on the board for many years, and more than a few times, talked things out with him in order to prevent a Chernobyl-quality meltdown here, but I wasn't always successful. Not sure what turned, but we're all human, I guess. I tried to reach him via FB a little over a month ago, but haven't heard back, but I know he has far more important things on his plate right now, and I totally understand. Jay - I wish you nothing but the best, and you've made more people laugh - and some even cry - around here, but at the end of the day, you're a fucking LEGEND.
- 93 replies
-
- 15
-
-
-
Gibson seeks chronlogically incorrect instrument
cmatthes replied to Willie G. Moseley's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
I thought that the 345 used in that movie was on loan from Norm's? -
With a description like this, and a stupid asking price, no wonder they're never going to sell it! "Featuring a mild weight that is far more bearable than a solid maple guitar, this Korina beauty hums with resonance and articulation. Be on your best performance with this one-of-a-kind guitar, because it will pick up every dynamic of your playing style--the perfect streaks as well as the accidental notes that you played"
-
Standard Case
cmatthes replied to Hbom's topic in For Sale - Wanted to Buy - PIF - eBay & Other PSAs
-
Standard Case
cmatthes replied to Hbom's topic in For Sale - Wanted to Buy - PIF - eBay & Other PSAs
Nope! I've never owned a red X2N! -
Standard Case
cmatthes replied to Hbom's topic in For Sale - Wanted to Buy - PIF - eBay & Other PSAs
I'm good. -
Standard Case
cmatthes replied to Hbom's topic in For Sale - Wanted to Buy - PIF - eBay & Other PSAs
Could it be because he wants people to call him "Johnny Rocks"? I mean, because THAT ALONE is supremely douchey... Hi My name is John.... All of my Music friends call me Johnny Rocks... I've been playing and collecting guitars now for over 47 years... I have HIGH quality Vintage and used gear....I also list unique & hard to find stuff as well. I have turned a hobby into a small shop. Sometimes I make a little money, sometimes I lose more money but it's better than having a house full of music gear and no place to roam....LOL...I pay quickly when I buy, and ship quickly when I sell keeping in contact with both buyer and seller every step of the way.... Look forward to doing business with you. And remember ROCK ON..... -
FS At Last! 2001 GMP Roxie 541
cmatthes replied to kizanski's topic in For Sale - Wanted to Buy - PIF - eBay & Other PSAs
My playing has been described in this exact way at times…- 30 replies
-
- 12
-
-
-
Do we REALLY need to post this reminder again? Apparently so. Cut the shit.
-
- 49 replies
-
- hamer 50th
- chicago
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
Hendrick Generator.....Kurt's Back!
cmatthes replied to The Shark's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Primo Hendrick Generator action in this one! -
Hendrick Generator.....Kurt's Back!
cmatthes replied to The Shark's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
A-ha! The Seafoam green Hendrick at Gil’s was the Floyded one. It belonged to local Blues legend Linwood Taylor. Here’s a pic from Gil’s shop: -
Hendrick Generator.....Kurt's Back!
cmatthes replied to The Shark's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
The extraordinary Dave Hill and the legendary NiteBob each have a few. Dave’s new one is the surf/Seafoam green one. -
Hendrick Generator.....Kurt's Back!
cmatthes replied to The Shark's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Gil had 2 in his shop down the street from me for at least a decade, if not more. A Surf Green one and if I recall, a Shell Pink one. One had a Floyd, but I forget which of the two. Cool guitars, and nice to see ‘em back! -
Love it.
-
I had her for a class in undergrad - she was honestly, an awful professor. She let her T.A. cover most of her classes.
-
Pinning this one…details below. These events are always a blast, and typically well-attended by both players and collectors as well as the guys who made it all happen! There are details on the Hamer USA Facebook page, but not everybody here uses social media so posting on the HFC. ATTENTION HAMER FANS! HAMER 50th Anniversary Gathering/Jam Date of Event: October 19, 2024 Time(s) • Load in: 3PM • Playing time: From 4PM to 8PM (There’s another band that comes on at 9) • Reinforcement: Hard stop at 8pm. Location: Reggies, The Music Joint (see link) https://www.reggieslive.com/about/music-joint/ • It’s just a little South of downtown Chicago at 2105 State Street. Extremely accessible by highway or airports. • O’Hare to downtown via train (Blue Line) 45mns, Midway (Orange Line) 25mns • Reggies has two distinct performing spaces at the address (The Music Joint, and the Rock Club; We’re in the Music Joint). JAM: • Backline: We will be supplying 3 guitar amps, 1 bass amp and a drum set and numerous guitar stands. All you do is bring your bad self and a guitar. • Playing order and Song Lists: o Playing Order, etc. We’ll work out playing order and song lists between now and then. o Keep your sets tight: Given the limited timeframe, we’ll need to plan time by playing groups o Volume: Assume we should keep volume to a moderate level. o Recording: Working on recording and/or live stream of the event THE EVENT IS FREE: • Food and drink are available to purchase Other Details: • Who’s coming? Paul will be there and we have enthusiastic tentative Oks from several fan favorite out-of-town Hamer players/collectors for this momentous party. • On the day of the event, there will be an art show in another section of the building that begins just as we are finishing up at 8PM. A few of the photos from the new Fleetwood Mac photobook by Jeff Lowenthal and Bob Schaffner will be presented and are available for purchase. Tickets to the art show are $15. • There are millions of local restaurants and hotels. RSVP IS MANDATORY! Please send your RSVP to rschaffner75@ gmail.com (RSVP is mandatory, so we know at the door who is allowed in!) Also, the jam will be streamed and recorded the day of event. Reggie's page will have the link and Bon Schaffer will make a copy of the jam availalbe on a CD with a $20 charge- TBD, since it will probably be more than 1 disc and shipping would be free.
- 49 replies
-
- 15
-
-
- hamer 50th
- chicago
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
Teamwork. I love it.