-
Posts
5,746 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
60
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Everything posted by The Shark
-
Anyone speak for the prototype yet? I'd like a shot at that.
-
"Impeccable".
-
Just a cursory knowledge of economics would dictate that economies of scale aren't the focus here. With FMIC, economies of scale are a big part of what they do (higher production numbers reduce cost). A company with small numbers and no "middle-man" will focus on different economic factors. So, comparing the reasons why there was no flood of custom orders at "the end" of Hamer isn't really analagous. Honestly, this is probably the most difficult business model to project. It's simpler, but assumptions that are incorrect (pricing, custom models v. production runs, demand, etc.) can be much more lethal in this type of a business model. So, having every facet of the model in place at the beginning isn't something that's really possible. Initial demand might not be a good source of data for projecting the future either. I think that's where Chris is going with his advice to go slow.
-
And a good question it is! I don't know.
-
I like a good clown movie (the more sinister the better), but I'd never own a clownburst guitar. No talent in the spray booth is my first thought.
-
I never considered Oxblood. I love the Jeff Beck Oxblood Les Paul. An Ultimate Oxblood. Uh....
-
Just received my quote to get in on the second wave of Shishkov guitars. I'm so happy. I'm going with a blonde bound and crowned model. The dough will go out tomorrow.
-
He's thinking the original run will be done in 4-6 months. Considering a big part of that time will be wood setup, I'd guess he'd be starting other orders while those were working. The second batch is still under a year. That's ambitious.
-
Here it is. These are a good representation of the colors...
-
Ordered a B&C Blonde with everything traditional. Standard-Style, of course.
-
On the contrary, if I perceive the purpose of the initial offering correctly, it is a strategy to get buzz going on the new company. We're 11 pages in with overflow onto the Seymour Duncan forum (and possibly others). I'd say it did exactly as purposed. <<<< gets it. I guess all my experience with initial public offerings and hundreds of start-ups has been a waste of time. An initial public offering is just that. It should benefit as many as are interested. "Damn, I missed out" isn't a positive first impression. Bring on the arrows!!!
-
Got in too late. Hoped Mike would up the offer to 25. Didn't hear anything back. I'd question a marketing strategy that immediately shuts out the majority from the initial offering. But what do I know.
-
The infamous pinch harmonics -any great moments?
The Shark replied to zorrow's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Even though Billy Gibbons is one of my favorite purveyors of the pinch, Steve Morse of the Dixie Dregs at about 1:30 in the song Road Expense is one of my faves... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHqXhwtsLxk -
UFO Obsession. God I love that album.
-
Final New Hartford Hamer Standard has arrived!
The Shark replied to David B's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Now there's a finite number. This is, apparently, the last Standard. I have a four digit and a B&C sub-seven pound chambered beast in my collection. Proud to be in that number. -
Import Hamers don't suck, unless you compare them to domestic Hamers. Sorry.
-
KISS: RARHOF Update. Not Good.
The Shark replied to LordOfTheThighs's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Is this really a surprise? There's some bitter feelings there. It's important to note that there are many bands inducted that are missing members not deceased. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see a one-time reunion, but the fact that it won't happen at the induction to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is telling. The light is dimming. -
What is you favorite practice amp.
The Shark replied to Crimsontider's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
1959 Deluxe.....hides nothing. Greatest practice amp I've ever had. No effects. No nothing. -
Screw "No Guitar Challenge" What Did You Get In 2013?
The Shark replied to L2A3's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Here's pics of some of the loot.... -
Screw "No Guitar Challenge" What Did You Get In 2013?
The Shark replied to L2A3's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
The build... http://www.ntlguitar.com/gary-moore-conv.html -
Screw "No Guitar Challenge" What Did You Get In 2013?
The Shark replied to L2A3's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
1979 Black B&C Sunburst 1978 B&C Sunburst Gibson Custom Authentic SG Custom Robin Fakimba Flying V Gibson Blonde ES-335 Giffin Valiant Murkat Gary Moore Tribute Hamer Dave Friedman Pedalboard At Mars amp CAE Wah KTR Klon Ian Anderson Pickups (3 sets) I think that's it! -
Five shirts and two pairs of pants for work. Socks and underwear too. DIdn't need shoes. Tax season is comin'. I don't know how this tradition started, but it seems to me these "presents" should just be shit I get shopping at the mall in January. My wife is so smart!
-
My buddy Ian Anderson saw the band live recently. He only had positive things to say. But others said the singer is an idiot and he nearly ruined the show. Ian said Darren James Smith is actually very good and didn't have nearly enough practice time with the touring list. He talked to Jake afterword. Jake said judging the singer so soon was a mistake. Also, Ian said Jake's tone and execution was way better than on That Metal Show. He was using the three channel EVH 5150.