-
Posts
5,746 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
60
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Everything posted by The Shark
-
She Knows the Devil by Toto.......
-
I'll just go with Aqualung. Fantastic.
-
Hamerhead's 77 Sunburst restoration.
The Shark replied to BCR Greg's question in Ask the HFC Experts
And it resides happily here in Florida! Thanks, Bubs. -
You mean like this... http://s120.photobucket.com/user/rauschenberger21/media/CHANDLERFRONTBODY.jpg.html'> http://s120.photobucket.com/user/rauschenberger21/media/CHANDLERFULLFRONT.jpg.html'> http://s120.photobucket.com/user/rauschenberger21/media/CHANDLERKORINABODY.jpg.html'> http://s120.photobucket.com/user/rauschenberger21/media/CHANDLERMAGAZINEBODY.jpg.html'> http://s120.photobucket.com/user/rauschenberger21/media/CHANDLERMAGAZINECOVER.jpg.html'> One of three reviewed in Guitar Player. It popped up on eBay. Korina body with little candy red sparkles in the back. Seymour wound the pickups on a manual winder. It's the only one.
-
Which makes me want it even MORE! The Chandler and cash for the Robin........... If you're talking about the Kizanski Signature Series Robin Avalon Custom, it would have to be A LOT of cash! ...and before you even shoot me a number (I know you got it like that), don't tempt me. The guitar must stay with me. You know where to find me, my friend! I am a bit "tapped" after snagging Kashola's Vee, but I do have that coffee can in the side yard......
-
Hunting and Fishing too..........a renaissance man.
-
Here's my latest board. Signal through the wireless, the tuner, the volume pedal, the wah, the two overdrives into the boost on to the Dumble clone amps. The loop is through the T.C. Corona into the El Cap and through the Wet reverb. It sounds great. Built by some guy named David Friedman.... http://s120.photobucket.com/user/rauschenberger21/media/NewPedalboard1.jpg.html'>
-
April 15th was the 103rd day straight I'd worked. Been off since Monday. Feelin' fine.
-
Anybody want a Dumble Overdrive Special?
The Shark replied to HamerHokie's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Fuchs, BrownNote, Two-Rock, Bludo, Kane, and even Ceriatone make great Dumble inspired amps. They've so finely disected them over at AmpGarage, the mystique is kind of washed away. They aren't for everyone, but I really have found them to be great for what I do. -
Anybody want a Dumble Overdrive Special?
The Shark replied to HamerHokie's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Think about the last time you saw a "Chevette" on the road. The fact that it had "vette" in the name always made me smile. -
You could probably find one on craigslist for $20 or free.... am totally serious You're making my point.
-
http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?ic=48_0&search_query=microwave&search_constraint=4044&depts=F&facet=price%3A%2450+-+%24100&tab_value=Online&clicked_tab_value=Online&&_mm= How could you do without one at these prices?............ I use mine to warm up food, pop popcorn and heat my orthopedic neck ring. I cook hot dogs in water/beer.
-
Happy Birthday, Greg!
-
Anybody want a Dumble Overdrive Special?
The Shark replied to HamerHokie's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
My thoughts weren't directed your way. The Ethos is very, very good. The Ethos amp I'm sporting now is great too. It's not as good as the BrownNote amp rig, but it is really convenient. Glad you're enjoying the pedal. It does a pretty mean impression of the amps. The BN Bluesmaster Amp (Dumble calls it the "HRM") does a great Fender tone (with that great touch-sensitive breakup) and a mean Marshall inspired tone from the lead channel (it has its own internal tone controls). After owning everything else I could get my hands on, these are where I've landed. And I don't consider "Smooth" the quintessential Dumble tone, although I don't mind hearing the song once or twice a year! -
2013 "Buy No Guitars" Challenge - **WINNERS ANNOUNCED**
The Shark replied to Feynman's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
"Inconceivable"..... -
Anybody want a Dumble Overdrive Special?
The Shark replied to HamerHokie's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
The Dumble mystery has been solved by myriad builders. You can get set up with one for under two grand. I think those that think there's no redeeming quality of tone in those amplifiers are entitled to their opinion. For me, I've searched for thirty five years for the rig that does everything I want it to do. I've found it. Maybe my touch and ear have developed to a point where this amp works better for me than others with a different ear and touch (not better or worse, just different). To forward the idea that one must have the chops, touch, ear and gear of Carlton to approximate his tone is ludicrous. Same thing with Robben Ford. You have to work hard at it. I remember working just as hard to approximate Gary Moore's tone and Michael Schenker's before that. Went through a lot of Marshalls and outboard gear. It's a journey. Some prefer to scoff and insult. Big deal. -
I first saw Hamers in the Music Emporium catalogs in the late seventies. Here's their catalog from 1978.... Here's my first.... Waxing nostalgic, I purchased this restored gem from Jay (Murkat)....check the front coil of the bridge pickup. A little natural wear.....
-
2013 "Buy No Guitars" Challenge - **WINNERS ANNOUNCED**
The Shark replied to Feynman's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Totally pointless, in my case. The Florida Guitar show is in two weeks. I'd only last until then anyway! -
Anybody want a Dumble Overdrive Special?
The Shark replied to HamerHokie's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
I don't remember saying it was a Dumble on Don't Take Me Alive. It's that sound that can be reproduced at any volume by the D-amp. I know because.....