BCR Greg Posted March 9, 2005 Posted March 9, 2005 I wonder how many folks haven't made it in to the new board?
pesocaster Posted March 9, 2005 Posted March 9, 2005 maybe they haven't found it yet.... I also notice as soon as the clock strikes 5:00 on the East coast this place comes to a screaching halt.... for the most part
mudshark Posted March 9, 2005 Posted March 9, 2005 Probably a bunch haven't made it in yet. It sure took me by surprise when I came in and discovered the change.
atquinn Posted March 10, 2005 Posted March 10, 2005 I wonder how many folks haven't made it in to the new board? Judging from my post count, I haven't made it here yet -Austin
JohnnyB Posted March 10, 2005 Posted March 10, 2005 I wonder if some have given up. I had some trouble. First I couldn't post. Then I could for about 10 minutes. Then I tweaked my profile and couldn't post again. I can't count how many times I sent for the authorization email. Every time I tried to enter the codes, it was rejected and I got an error page. I didn't change a thing, didn't even try to post for a few days; There's a limit to how often I'll intentionally aggravate myself. Then I saw Pam's poll about "jack of all trades" and for some reason, my vote got registered. From then on I could post again.I think we had some similar glitches when we transferred the last time. Seems that most of 'em come back to the board or find some way to get a new account over time. After all, that's how Slayernut became Black Magic and Bill from Burlington became Armitage.
Scooter Posted March 10, 2005 Posted March 10, 2005 I bet some of us (like me for instance) just haven't found the "comfort zone" on the new board yet. I'm such a creature of habit, that change to even something as trivial as a web board can mess me up. Hence, fewer posts. Do I need help?...
Jem Posted March 10, 2005 Posted March 10, 2005 I'm confused !!!!! This board format is the same as the other two guitar boards i go to and i get lost where i am.....it's an age thing. I also think the format of the old board, where you could see the jist of people's replies, prompted you to post more. Jemmie
BCR Greg Posted March 10, 2005 Author Posted March 10, 2005 I have had two former participants contact me saying that they have not been able to get in and have not been replied to by the moderators.Patience is key, I guess. We are all learning here.
Turdus Posted March 10, 2005 Posted March 10, 2005 Perhaps some folks have the same issue I did. My old ID "Turdus" flat out would not work with the new board. So, I created a new one. No big deal. I am no longer a "supporter", and have no access to the outer circle. But you don't see me threatening to show my Butt Cheeks over it either.
JohnnyThunders Posted March 10, 2005 Posted March 10, 2005 Frankly I was comfortable with the old board and liked it way better. This looks like all the other mass produced "forum" software that's all over the web. Luckily it doesn't have the black background that seems to be popular on some sites. Sure it has more features and wiz bang shit but like the compariosn between a new standard and 4-digit something is missing. I say "classic" is better, but I'm an old fart so let's move forward on the new board and be done with it!
kizanski Posted March 10, 2005 Posted March 10, 2005 But you don't see me threatening to show my Butt Cheeks over it either. Thank God for that.
edgar_allan_poe Posted March 10, 2005 Posted March 10, 2005 But you don't see me threatening to show my Butt Cheeks over it either.Who did *that*? The guy must be a real jagoff....
HamerHokie Posted March 10, 2005 Posted March 10, 2005 I'm confused !!!!! This board format is the same as the other two guitar boards i go to and i get lost where i am.....it's an age thing. I also think the format of the old board, where you could see the jist of people's replies, prompted you to post more.Jemmie Exactly. I commented on that several times but got no reply from Herr Commandant. Thread view board formats rule. The problem with this kind of format, THE ONE WE DECIDED TO ABANDON WHEN WE SWITCHED TO THE LAST BOARD, is that posts are displayed linearly so you can't respond to an individual post unless you quote it. But visually, it still looks like a mess, and you have to drill down the entire line to see if anyone responded to your post.
kurtsstuff Posted March 10, 2005 Posted March 10, 2005 I know I'm still having trouble adjusting to the new board...I don't know...maybe it's just me but.....the other board seemed more "fun"???
Guest galejt Posted March 10, 2005 Posted March 10, 2005 I dunno. People seem to adapting. Change is one of the great stressors in life. Some just handle it better than others. Beware the ones who thrive on it. They make life a hellonearth for the rest of us. Dosn't sound like I work for an organization whose "parents" change every 24 months, does it?Herman
sirDaniel Posted March 10, 2005 Posted March 10, 2005 If you type in hamerfanclub.com it brings you to the old board which appears to be broken. If that URL is associated with this board, as it ALWAYS has, the traffic will go up.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.