Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Lets See Your Boutique Guitars

Drendino

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^^^

Naaaah.....More an indication of how many people have OCD-like symptoms......OR really need to get a life.

Even though I have more nice guitars than I need, this thread leaves me feeling inadequate.

+1,,, it also fills me with a sense that there is much work left to be done! A Fano and a Huber would fit nicely into my modest collection.

My v-style guitars: First KXK KKDV #005 (K.K. has #001/#004)

005a.jpg

005b.jpg

And my Amfisound Custom - forged in Finland

amfi.JPG

Both pure BADASSERY!!!

WOW!

Actually, a maple top.....Think they call it "wild maple". Subtly elegant.......A little bit reminiscent of a certain old Santana album cover from the right angle. A bit excessive on the dolphin front fo sho, but WTH......I guess they throw a little extra into the mix for the purposes of "showing off their wares" with their "NAMM" instruments.

Interesting thing re the pickups. Top V & T control the BRIDGE (inc coil split). Lower V & T control the NECK.

In positions 1, 3 and 5 it all works in "Gibson style" save for that reversal. BUT, positions 2 & 4, the volume knobs function to "blend" the two selected pickups, decreasing the volume after the first half of the scale....... Great sound versatility, but not exactly intuitive----Slight learning curve.

Archived