Hamer Fan Club Message Center

CL: Hamer project on Denver Craigslist

53 minutes ago, BlueJer said:

I don't have the cash right now, but also wondered where I could find original tuners?  May snag some Gravelin pups I've read so much about, but always wanted to try some lollars...

Any and all input welcomed.  Will send pix once it gets here...

Oddly enough, I have a set of Hamer branded Schallers that I took off of MY '81 Special project that I mentioned above!

Let me know if you're interested...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, cmatthes said:

Oddly enough, I have a set of Hamer branded Schallers that I took off of MY '81 Special project that I mentioned above!

Let me know if you're interested...

I am!  Thank you!

On 3/3/2017 at 2:14 PM, BlueJer said:

I am!  Thank you!

I just got them out over the weekend.  I'll take a pic and send it to ya.  I may also be able to assist on the logo front - I'll check into that too...

1 hour ago, cmatthes said:

I just got them out over the weekend.  I'll take a pic and send it to ya.  I may also be able to assist on the logo front - I'll check into that too...

You rock!!  Thank you!!

Any suggestions on someone to actually do the finish work?  I can assemble and set up, just would love to get some color on it, and put the black and Hamer logo back on headstock...

Check with Stike at ROWYCO Kustoms - he's THE MAN, and really knows Hamers.

www.rowycokustoms.com 

11 minutes ago, cmatthes said:

Check with Stike at ROWYCO Kustoms - he's THE MAN, and really knows Hamers.

www.rowycokustoms.com 

He even does airbrushing! *ducking*

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I never followed up with pictures...was sick and busy, and a little lazy!!

This is what all came with the Studio.  I'm likely going to have Stike color it up for me...so all I need is a couple pups and a refinish, and this thing should be rather sweet!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2ylyln4yefiatdl/AAA3K5aWXN6k2nFglOjG8oTTa?dl=0

If you could bring the grain out a little bit, that top is pretty nice. I wouldn't be able to cover it up.

Fun project and a great score!

4 hours ago, hamerhead said:

If you could bring the grain out a little bit, that top is pretty nice. I wouldn't be able to cover it up.

Fun project and a great score!

I agree completely...hoping to have Stike to do a trans blue or blueburst sort of deal with it.  Bet she will be smokin hot...

Thought about doing the headstock the same...but putting the Hamer logo on it.  Will likely have him do it like it was from the factory though...haven't decided yet!

• 4 weeks later...

Welp, I just dropped it off at FedEx and she's headed to Stike to refinish for me!!!

This thing is gonna be a fun project!

I have a duncan trembucker at home, and am hoping to find another pup to put in until I can swing the ones I want.

Anyone have any strap buttons from an old Hamer?  This one came with aftermarket ones...

Cool buy on a stripped down guitar. I'd love to see some pictures of the restoration after it's been refinished and put back together. I'm sure Stike will make it look good.

Guitar George

Looks like we're going with a cherry-burst instead of the blue :) Per Stike, it's all sanded and ready for finishing!

I noticed when shipping that the frets are much lower than I thought, so a fret-job is coming.  I have a local friend that does a nice job, so will have him hook me up when I get it back...depending.  If it's playable for now, I may wait in favor of getting new pups...

Stike's GREAT.  You'll be happy.  

He's working on something cool for me right now that should be making an appearance sometime soon!

I'm excited for sure.  He didn't think the blue would come out as nice, and I didn't really think of how blue would look over the dark mahogany.  Then I saw the 1980 special on reverb in cherry-burst with trans red on back and neck...figured that would be awesome to emulate!

This is my first time doing a project like this...

On 3.3.2017 at 8:06 PM, BlueJer said:

'm thinking a trans blue finish would be hot on this thing...

Great idea! Blue guitars sound the best. I have always seen perfect results from Stike here on the boards.

A nice Monaco Yellow/Grafitti Yellow would also be pretty snazzy...

;)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Gentlemen,

I'm going to need a bunch of screws to complete this project, but I am not quite sure on what to buy (size/length).  Can anyone shed some light for me on the following:

-Screw size/length for the saddles on the SB bridge (the ones w/ the springs around em)
-Screw size/length for Sperzel tuners
-Screw size/length for truss rod cover
-Screw size/length for cavity cover plate on back

Also would love a wire schematic.  Once I get a final price from Stike, I am launching Gravelin on some pups...then all I need are mounting rings and assembly!

Thanks in advance!  My first real project guitar now that I have the means to do it properly.

Archived