Jump to content
Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Monaco Elite GC $1299 and its HOTTT


Recommended Posts

Posted
9 minutes ago, bubs_42 said:

It think is just trans black and the lighting sucks. Or its just very Joe Perry! ;) 

Even with correction it's warm looking. I suppose it was a fairly yellow chunk of maple. 

edit.png

Posted

nice deal for someone... I say trans black and there was weird color balance issues. 

Posted
51 minutes ago, DaveL said:

nice deal for someone... I say trans black and there was weird color balance issues. 

This. I wouldn't expect it to look much different from other trans black Hamers.

Posted
12 hours ago, dgstandard said:

I thought they all had victory inlays? 

I was curious about that too. I hope it's not a homemade inlay job over the originals. Saw it this morning, thought about how close I was to the one DaveL got a few weeks ago, and added to my cart the one thing I absolutely do not need more of. :ph34r: They charged my card, got an email right away that the order was placed, then nothing all day while I was at work. Is that typical for GC with used items like this? Who knows, maybe they sold it when the store opened. I guess I'll find out eventually.

Thanks for the PSA, bubs. I think.

Posted

Nice snag.      I would watch for a "your item has shipped" email.     However you can call the store that listed it and ask for the operations mgr.  ( he would be the guy who pulls and packs the item rather than say a clerk).  He can tell you if you got it.    I think I've seen them with crowns before.  Perhaps there was some overlap when they did both crowns and victory.      Can't imagine anyone would pay hundreds of dollars to change them. 

Posted

Well it gets a little weirder. This was on ebay a couple weeks ago, seller in CO not far from NM.  http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hamer-Monaco-Elite-USA-Carved-Top-LP-Style-Transparent-Black-MINT-/162612489794?nma=true&si=IugshbkXOuOIGZ09GwYLanClC4U%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Priced at $1700 but pulled because item 'no longer available'  :rolleyes: It has the same goofy knobs, and that damn Redeemer circuit that was in yours too! Wtf? So not as mint as claimed already. We will see. Maybe. Ha.

s-l1600.jpg

Posted
8 hours ago, Tortious said:

Well it gets a little weirder. This was on ebay a couple weeks ago, seller in CO not far from NM.  http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hamer-Monaco-Elite-USA-Carved-Top-LP-Style-Transparent-Black-MINT-/162612489794?nma=true&si=IugshbkXOuOIGZ09GwYLanClC4U%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Priced at $1700 but pulled because item 'no longer available'  :rolleyes: It has the same goofy knobs, and that damn Redeemer circuit that was in yours too! Wtf? So not as mint as claimed already. We will see. Maybe. Ha.

s-l1600.jpg

 

weird...  he probably didn't get any bites... and didn't do himself any favors by having most of

the ad about boost circuit and not the actual guitar.    Will say tho,  last weekend GC had

the GC bucks promo ($10 gift card for every $50 you spend) and 48 month financing... and

some of the Gibson's were heavily discounted.    I dunno seems like a steep drop.   

 

wow, ebony!  

 

   The redeemer circuit comes out very easily  (you may need to swap the push pull

in the tone spot with a std cts pot) although if you need a boost for solos it could

probably come in handy,  I just thought it changed the tonality of the axe regardless

of where it sat...  with a giant slab of maple and mahogany, these have plenty of tone

built right in.   

Posted

Well I un-snagged it this morning. After thinking about it, I do not need another 'project' in any way, I have enough of them going on. So I called the GC 800 number, asked if it had been shipped and told them I wanted to cancel it if it hadn't yet shipped because of what I found out about the 'add-on'.

So if anyone else wanted it, call the Albuquerque GC before it goes back up on the site. I'm sure someone will be quite happy with it.

Posted

Apparently there is an extra input jack that is in the case.  I'm guessing the jack was part of the circuit thingy?  We'll see.  I haven't seen too many Manaco's with the old school Trap inlays.  Kind of looks like a nice mix of old and new.  We'll see!

 

Posted

From that ebay auction, the warranty card has BT written in the color section, so it is Black Trans apparently.

s-l1600.jpg

 

I am curious, did it reappear on the GC site or did you call before it went back on? And congrats.

Posted
2 minutes ago, Tortious said:

From that ebay auction, the warranty card has BT written in the color section, so it is Black Trans apparently.

s-l1600.jpg

 

I am curious, did it reappear on the GC site or did you call before it went back on? And congrats.

Apparently there is an extra input jack that is in the case.  I'm guessing the jack was part of the circuit thingy?  We'll see.  I haven't seen too many Manaco's with the old school Trap inlays.  Kind of looks like a nice mix of old and new.  We'll see!

I called them.  Thanks for letting us know!

Posted
11 minutes ago, srvwannab said:

Apparently there is an extra input jack that is in the case.  I'm guessing the jack was part of the circuit thingy?  We'll see.  I haven't seen too many Manaco's with the old school Trap inlays.  Kind of looks like a nice mix of old and new.  We'll see!

I called them.  Thanks for letting us know!

I think the redeemer needs a stereo output,so that could be the mono.       Great job jumping on that.

the warranty card and the spare parts might be a good sign that the guy took good care of his stuff. 

Posted
Just now, DaveL said:

I think the redeemer needs a stereo output,so that could be the mono.       Great job jumping on that.

the warranty card and the spare parts might be a good sign that the guy took good care of his stuff. 

Thank you- he also has a high-end watch he's selling on eBay presently, and anybody that likes guitars and watches can't be all bad. ;)

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...