Jakeboy Posted December 20, 2022 Posted December 20, 2022 Pics tonight. Hand wired 5 watt tweed Champster with a vintage Magnavox big alnico 12” speaker. Jim does the best tweeds IMO. I am keeping a BF Lil Dawg and letting this rocker go. I am the original owner and it is in excellent shape. Aluminum chassis with a simple MV installed that I rarely use. I just leave it dimed and set volume on 6 for cleans and 11 for dirt. MV z is out of the circuit on 12. Will come with vintage glass. RCA 6v6 and 5y3 rectifier. Vintage USA 12ax7 too. Comes with a nice cover. This is the Layla album, Honkin’’ on Bobo and Rocky Mountain Way in a box. Loves a treble booster and any bright OD. Oh, this one was built back when Lil Dawg was building cabs still. I believe his early cabs are the best, TopHat excepted . Jim uses Mather now. The amp will happily take an 6v6, 6l6 variant, 5881, or a KT66 with a GZ34 rectifier for all except the 6v6. Jim used a beefier power transformer to accommodate this. Heck, I’ll throw in a vintage 6l6 and a Marshall KT66 as well as a JJ GZ34 for free. 22 coats of amber lacquer to give it a vintage look with relicing. This amp is on every album and records stupidly well. JIm gets $1339 for these with no speaker and JJ tubes. Now only $700 plus actual shipping. This is nearly half off new with better tubes, a vintage speaker, and a better cab. If it doesn’t sell in a week don’t be afraid to make an offer. SOLD
HamerCustomEr Posted December 20, 2022 Posted December 20, 2022 27 minutes ago, Jakeboy said: Nice teaser!
Steve Haynie Posted December 20, 2022 Posted December 20, 2022 While waiting to see what is under the cover there is this to look at: https://www.littledawgamps.com/the-champster/
Jakeboy Posted December 21, 2022 Author Posted December 21, 2022 I can also post a gut shot if anyone wants to see, well….the electronic hand wired guts.
rugby1970 Posted December 21, 2022 Posted December 21, 2022 36 minutes ago, Jakeboy said: I can also post a gut shot if anyone wants to see, well….the electronic hand wired guts. Me! Me! Me!
Jakeboy Posted December 21, 2022 Author Posted December 21, 2022 Lol. Let me get on that right now Dave.
rugby1970 Posted December 21, 2022 Posted December 21, 2022 Since I'm intimately familiar with one............kinda like seeing your first naked person of the opposite sex, ya just wanna see more..........
hamerican gigolo Posted December 21, 2022 Posted December 21, 2022 Jim makes a hell of an amp. 🤗 GLWTS.
Jakeboy Posted December 21, 2022 Author Posted December 21, 2022 Indeed he does …either this one or the new Blackface head is going. I’d like this one to sell. Time is my friend. I am in no crazy hurry.
Jakeboy Posted December 21, 2022 Author Posted December 21, 2022 On 12/20/2022 at 1:53 PM, 1 bottlerocket said: Digging that leather handle. @1 bottlerocket, that cool leather handle can be yours for $14.95 plus $700 shipping! 👌🎶😎
rugby1970 Posted December 22, 2022 Posted December 22, 2022 On 12/20/2022 at 8:57 PM, Jakeboy said: Lol. Let me get on that right now Dave. Ooooh, hand wired goodness. Be still my heart.
rugby1970 Posted December 22, 2022 Posted December 22, 2022 This is such a sweet amp. Someone please buy it before I do thereby saving me from a messy divorce?
Hbom Posted December 22, 2022 Posted December 22, 2022 34 minutes ago, rugby1970 said: This is such a sweet amp. Someone please buy it before I do thereby saving me from a messy divorce? With an amp like that you won't have any trouble attracting a new woman.
Jakeboy Posted December 22, 2022 Author Posted December 22, 2022 It IS a cool amp that you can absolutely crank at home. Still loud, but very manageable. Greg Martin of the Kentucky Headhunters likes to close mic his tweed Champ and then mix that with a room mic 10’ back. He says it mimics a Marshall stack on a record. The lead guitar doing all the fills was my checkerboard Special straight into this amp:
Steve Haynie Posted December 22, 2022 Posted December 22, 2022 4 hours ago, rugby1970 said: This is such a sweet amp. Someone please buy it before I do thereby saving me from a messy divorce? Can you post pictures of the wife?
Jakeboy Posted December 23, 2022 Author Posted December 23, 2022 Covid finally found me….but this amp is ready to go!
rugby1970 Posted December 23, 2022 Posted December 23, 2022 20 hours ago, Steve Haynie said: Can you post pictures of the wife?
django49 Posted December 23, 2022 Posted December 23, 2022 27 minutes ago, rugby1970 said: Careful.....You don't know where (else) that tongue has been!
Jakeboy Posted December 26, 2022 Author Posted December 26, 2022 Price drop bump! Killer recording and home use amp here that you can mic for any gig! 5f1 Champs we’re all over Hotel California too.
django49 Posted December 26, 2022 Posted December 26, 2022 Killer deal! Were it not for a certain 5 watter from Swart (similar upgrades but 8" Weber speaker) I would be inquiring about shipping costs......
Pieman Posted December 27, 2022 Posted December 27, 2022 Cool amp. Are there two inputs? Can’t tell from the photos. Thanks
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.