Cboss Posted November 1, 2023 Posted November 1, 2023 Looking for a pair of these, the plastic Hamer originals that were on 80s guitars
Dave Scepter Posted November 1, 2023 Posted November 1, 2023 6 minutes ago, JGale said: What look like?
ChugD Posted November 1, 2023 Posted November 1, 2023 Looks like you can buy that KK Vector in the other PSA and get one knob. 😀 Best of luck finding them. I have no idea how rare but hate looking for hard to find stuff.
BadgerDave Posted November 2, 2023 Posted November 2, 2023 What would a reasonable price be for a pair of these?
Cboss Posted November 2, 2023 Author Posted November 2, 2023 I got a pair from one of our hfc'ers for my prototype for $45, we were both happy with that..nothing else would have been right on that fantastic guitar
cmatthes Posted November 2, 2023 Posted November 2, 2023 3 hours ago, Cboss said: I got a pair from one of our hfc'ers for my prototype for $45, we were both happy with that..nothing else would have been right on that fantastic guitar That's definitely an HFC "nice price"! I've seen them going for at least $100 a set in the last 3 years.
Eli Posted November 2, 2023 Posted November 2, 2023 1 hour ago, cmatthes said: That's definitely an HFC "nice price"! I've seen them going for at least $100 a set in the last 3 years. Well, I did it for cost, they're just plastic, right? It's possible I may have a few more of these kicking around. Time to look through the parts drawer...
Cboss Posted November 2, 2023 Author Posted November 2, 2023 The hfc is an amazing place! I just need one more set, I have a beautiful 86 tle that the previous owners Tech stripped the good pickups out of and the knobs, want to get it back to its Glory
Dave Scepter Posted November 2, 2023 Posted November 2, 2023 4 hours ago, Cboss said: The hfc is an amazing place! I just need one more set, I have a beautiful 86 tle that the previous owners Tech stripped the good pickups out of and the knobs, want to get it back to its Glory You definitely lucked out on the $45 previous knobs👍... they are becoming even rarer than the 1st generation Ibanez Sure Grip knobs with the rubber ring... BTW, Here's something I just found on Ebay... perhaps you can strip and sell the rest?... still too expensive but just a thought https://www.ebay.com/itm/235279654237?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=YNYEghB_Qd-&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=_1NhtMMuTXK&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
Cboss Posted November 2, 2023 Author Posted November 2, 2023 46 minutes ago, Dave Scepter said: You definitely lucked out on the $45 previous knobs👍... they are becoming even rarer than the 1st generation Ibanez Sure Grip knobs with the rubber ring... BTW, Here's something I just found on Ebay... perhaps you can strip and sell the rest?... still too expensive but just a thought https://www.ebay.com/itm/235279654237?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=YNYEghB_Qd-&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=_1NhtMMuTXK&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY Thanks for finding that! That guy needs to put down the crack pipe tho it's unfortunate that word has gotten out that there is money to be extracted in Hamer stuff - I wish I had known about these guitars 20 years ago when only you guys knew how great they were
Hbom Posted November 2, 2023 Posted November 2, 2023 6 minutes ago, Cboss said: it's unfortunate that word has gotten out that there is money to be extracted in Hamer stuff Unfortunate for who? There are a few peeps around here that are enjoying the hell out of this.
kizanski Posted November 2, 2023 Posted November 2, 2023 24 minutes ago, Cboss said: I wish I had known about these guitars 20 years ago when only you guys knew how great they were The days of the $350 Sustain Block Special were most enjoyable!
Hbom Posted November 2, 2023 Posted November 2, 2023 According to Inflation Calculator online $350 in 1983 is now about $1100. I see Specials at that price, but usually not with Sustain Blocks.
kizanski Posted November 2, 2023 Posted November 2, 2023 2 minutes ago, Hbom said: According to Inflation Calculator online $350 in 1983 is now about $1100. I see Specials at that price, but usually not with Sustain Blocks. I think my friend paid $500 for his brand new 1980 Special back then. The "days" I was referring to was c.2002-ish.
cmatthes Posted November 2, 2023 Posted November 2, 2023 2 hours ago, kizanski said: The days of the $350 Sustain Block Special were most enjoyable! Sometimes, even cheaper! This was a natural 1981 I snagged: A few weeks earlier, I snagged Joe Perry’s old black ‘79 Standard (#0150) for $499 cash, tax included.
VECTOR Posted November 2, 2023 Posted November 2, 2023 53 minutes ago, cmatthes said: Sometimes, even cheaper! This was a natural 1981 I snagged: A few weeks earlier, I snagged Joe Perry’s old black ‘79 Standard (#0150) for $499 cash, tax included. Do you still have #150?
Eli Posted November 2, 2023 Posted November 2, 2023 1 hour ago, cmatthes said: Sometimes, even cheaper! This was a natural 1981 I snagged: A few weeks earlier, I snagged Joe Perry’s old black ‘79 Standard (#0150) for $499 cash, tax included. That's amazing! Was the clerk a big Blue Oyster Cult fan as well? 😉
Eli Posted November 2, 2023 Posted November 2, 2023 5 hours ago, Dave Scepter said: You definitely lucked out on the $45 previous knobs👍... they are becoming even rarer than the 1st generation Ibanez Sure Grip knobs with the rubber ring... BTW, Here's something I just found on Ebay... perhaps you can strip and sell the rest?... still too expensive but just a thought https://www.ebay.com/itm/235279654237?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=YNYEghB_Qd-&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=_1NhtMMuTXK&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY Dave, I may have a couple of those suregrips too, if you're looking for them.
cmatthes Posted November 3, 2023 Posted November 3, 2023 7 hours ago, VECTOR said: Do you still have #150? I wish! I foolishly traded it to Serial and then he flipped it for (at the time) crazy money. Not sure where it is now…I lost track after Ken Holt sold it.
Biz Prof Posted November 4, 2023 Posted November 4, 2023 Seems to me that 3D printing would be a perfect application for rendering the old Hamer knobs.
Cboss Posted November 4, 2023 Author Posted November 4, 2023 2 hours ago, Biz Prof said: Seems to me that 3D printing would be a perfect application for rendering the old Hamer knobs. If someone here has some capabilities on that, that would be a wonderful public service project, those knobs and the triple rings from the Phantom / prototype.. I imagine for somebody with the know-how and equipment it would be very easy.. and real easy money for them as repeat orders would only involve clicking print on the cad file @Eli has come through with another set if originals for me though, thanks! And thanks you HFC!
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.