Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Serial #0020??????!!!!!!!!!

Not all of us are able to preside over drunken pudding wrestling matches as we whistle Dixie out of our assholes.

How did i miss that job posting? I can't whistle, but i'd be all over the rest of it...

Hmmm... Must have came through the same time the $550 Watson did: While i was asleep at the keyboard...

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not all of us are able to preside over drunken pudding wrestling matches as we whistle Dixie out of our assholes.

How did i miss that job posting? I can't whistle, but i'd be all over the rest of it...

Hmmm... Must have came through the same time the $550 Watson did: While i was asleep at the keyboard...

You didn't miss it-it's a hat tip of sorts to DavidE's gig pics. Although, I doubt he's whistling "Dixie" at any point.

I still think that this is a cool guitar and the price is not at all out of line for what four digits move for. If I had it, I'd certainly pay a grand or two more than what others have sold for for one this early and different. I think it's damned cool-pickguard or not!

I would need a LOT more than the asking price of the white one to let this one go and it's only a few digits earlier... BTW, I'd guess that the white one is a '76-mine's from early in that year. By '77, they were way into the 0040s and beyond IIRC.

fbombincolor_0073.jpg

What a bunch of negative dick wads we have here!

This is news to you? Not all of us are able to preside over drunken pudding wrestling matches as we whistle Dixie out of our assholes.

There's good reason to be suspicious here. For starters, the guitar is on eBay, a known haven for the lowest of the low, the world's scumbags, snake-oil salesmen and ne'er do wells who would screw their own grandmothers for a buck. The zero feedback rating and the chicanery regarding the different opening prices support this assertion.

But the dead giveaway is this quote from the half-witted ad copy:

"I am not out to screw anyone."

Anyone who makes a point of saying that is INDEED out to screw someone. Same as when a person opens a story with "true story" or "I swear to God this is true," you can be assured that what you're about to hear is complete, unadulterated bullshit.

Good points. I also hear about all the cash kept right next to the bible when people burn their houses down for the insurance money.

I wasn't whistling Dixie (though the guy who claimed he wrote it (Dan Emmett) was from up the road in Mt. Vernon, Ohio). I was whistling Brown Eyed Brick House Sweet Home Mustang Sally.

Not really tempted by that one, despite the low number. I'm sure it's a nice one, but it hasn't really grabbed my interest at all for some reason - not the price, actually - I think it may be the overall crappy presentation of a potentially highly-valued instrument.

The pickup could well be original. The solder joints in #0017 are untouched and the pickups are clearly original and the coils are not the standard double cream bridge/zebra neck (they're reversed). I know of several early ones that didn't follow that rule. #0005 for example has two original double black PAFs.

I'll be shocked if this auction goes for the entire ten days...
Less than 9 1/2 hours left....Who's gonna man up here?
Not me. I have sand in my vagina.

I don't think anyone was looking to you to be the hero here, Mr. 350.

maybe the seller is just fishing for bigger bids than he already received offline. A lot of people would gladly say it's worth more, but wouldn't have the ca$h to back up their statements.

Besides, if someone up here was selling it most of you would be lined up hyping the thing to the moon lol...

Besides, if someone up here was selling it most of you would be lined up hyping the thing to the moon lol...

Because the chances would be very good we'd know there wasn't any chicanery involved. That's the beauty of the FS board here, and the people who post on it. Highest trust level anywhere on the net, and those who violate that trust are publicly (and deservedly) drawn and quartered.

And Ice Cream Man rules.

I would pay 6 for it. Can't swing 8....Fly out or work something out with the Pirate for a visual. This is worth it if it's what it is. But I would have to have it in hand before money is transfered.

But I would have to have it in hand before money is transfered.

Sure, but if it were an HFCer selling it you wouldn't have to (unless you are an especially suspicious person).

Sure, but if it were an HFCer selling it you wouldn't have to (unless you are an especially suspicious person).

A generally honest and trustworthy bunch, I have found. Just be sensible, ask for pictures, and be kind to one another. HFC'er are the GREATEST! (I really mean that, really, I do!) Z

RickDestroyer-1.jpg

A generally honest and trustworthy bunch, I have found. Just be sensible, ask for pictures, and be kind to one another. HFC'er are the GREATEST! (I really mean that, really, I do!) Z

RickDestroyer-1.jpg

That's funny as hell!

Now give me that Destroyer already.

I would send you cash, without seeing the guitar, Enough Said !

RickDestroyer-1.jpg

BLAM-O!

Thank god for MS Paint, or the identity of the gentleman in the photo might otherwise be divulged! LOL!

That said, if there was ever an example of Muse's above comments in action, that was it!

I would send you cash, without seeing the guitar, Enough Said !

Right back atcha.

Look! Martin with a "matching" Sunburst @ 1980:

MartinBwhiteSunburst.jpg

Wow, I've never saw that pic before, Chris. Cool!

I bet those dudes got a lot of babes ... lol

Anyone remember what the asking price of his when it went up on ebay?

I'm just glad that I have the one I've got. I would like to have a few less guitars and one more 4 digit. Mybe that should be a goal !

Oh, hell, I didn't think we'd be going THERE, but just so eveyone knows I made out O.K. on the deal in the end, everyone was cool, and lessons WERE learned. Just sorry you didn't get this mint, pristine Destroyer Serial - it was a monster player for sure. Z

I'm not a fan of mint and pristine, unfortunately. Now if it had had some dings or something...

Oh, hell, I didn't think we'd be going THERE, but just so eveyone knows I made out O.K. on the deal in the end, everyone was cool, and lessons WERE learned. Just sorry you didn't get this mint, pristine Destroyer Serial - it was a monster player for sure. Z

I'm not a fan of mint and pristine, unfortunately. Now if it had had some dings or something...

I agree, my rule is no breaks or abuse. But good old Mojo is required !

$415. with tax for a round trip.... :lol: To bad I can't swing $8,000.00 :D

Archived