Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA 4-digit Standard on eBay

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
turnthatcrapdown

Classic!

Agreed, Ken. Bandname in there somewhere?

Whose alternate moniker is that, I wonder.

:P :P

That actually went a grand or so higher than I thought originally. Glad that the seller made out as well as he did instead of getting shorted on a cool guitar. I'm dying to know what kind of "I'll pay you $X,XXX if you end the auction now and another $XXX if you don't reveal my identity" emails he got... :)

If I'm not mistaken, the buyer is an HFCer and a great guy to deal with.

Congrats on a very cool guitar score! Tags and everything.

so maybe this 77 standard wasn't overpriced after all...

I think it was underpriced if anything.

I think that fugly-assed pickguard hurts it's chances a bit.

:P

I think that fugly-assed pickguard hurts it's chances a bit.

but that old slab of lumber and one piece neck more than make up for it.

turnthecrapdown probably bought that one too after the auction ended without a bid :P

I don't actually keep a record but the white Standard was higher and sold. Martin Barre's was higher and sold. The James Honeyman-Scott Standard was higher and sold. There are also several private deals that I have heard about that were higher and sold.

The HFC standard price of $350 for a guitar, I guess would equate to $3,500 for 4 digit Standards. If anybody has tracked an actual list where the buyer and seller don't mind informing the public the pricing, I for one would also be interested.

I do recall a day when I told someone I would never pay more than $x,xxx for a 4 digit and that day has long come and gone.

Hamerica

I don't actually keep a record but the white Standard was higher and sold. Martin Barre's was higher and sold. The James Honeyman-Scott Standard was higher and sold. There are also several private deals that I have heard about that were higher and sold.

The HFC standard price of $350 for a guitar, I guess would equate to $3,500 for 4 digit Standards. If anybody has tracked an actual list where the buyer and seller don't mind informing the public the pricing, I for one would also be interested.

I do recall a day when I told someone I would never pay more than $x,xxx for a 4 digit and that day has long come and gone.

Hamerica

I actually keep track of stuff like this, but then again, I have no life. Although I DID get recognized at Target tonight by a cashier who asked me if I was in a band and apparently saw the band a few months ago. Wow-I felt like a rock star with no life! :P

I DID get recognized at Target tonight by a cashier who asked me if I was in a band and apparently saw the band a few months ago. Wow-I felt like a rock star with no life! :P

that's a plus, was she a cutie?

Unfortunately not :P

I DID get recognized at Target tonight by a cashier who asked me if I was in a band and apparently saw the band a few months ago. Wow-I felt like a rock star with no life! :P

moped?

That shit use to piss off my old singer, me and him would be out somewere and somebody would come up to me and say " hey aren't you that bass player dude in that band", it'd piss him off every time!

Archived