serial Posted November 16, 2010 Posted November 16, 2010 1978 Ibanez Iceman IC-210 with three-coil pickup. One of just 68 made in 1978 (only 47 were made in '79, then it was discontinued). Plays and feels great-one of my favorite guitars to play. Lightweight, too. Original except for Grover tuners, although I have a set of Ibanez Velve-Tunes from a 1980 (IIRC) Iceman in my stash. Jack crack repair that has been reinforced with a washer has never given me the slightest issue. Some dings and dents, but finish is still glossy with no appreciable buckle rash. Some goofy screw thing above the pickup ring on the face-never bothered me enough to remove. Pickup cover has oxidized from the mounting ring gassing off over the years, but everything works perfectly well. I hate to move this beauty or even think about getting rid of it, but I tend to pick up my blue sparkle '79 Stike special more often. $1500 with original case.
cmatthes Posted November 16, 2010 Posted November 16, 2010 Is this in MD by chance? It could be tomorrow if you wanted to check it out! For now, it's in PA. Unfortunately, unless I had something cool to trade, I'm out of the running...
bubs_42 Posted November 16, 2010 Posted November 16, 2010 This just hurts.O'boy does it. I think I had the "Assist" on that one. Broke as the day I was born at the moment.
moozak Posted November 17, 2010 Posted November 17, 2010 ah.... the Steve Miller "Fly Like An Eagle" guitar! didn't he use one of these on that recording?
carfish7 Posted November 17, 2010 Posted November 17, 2010 Lots of cool tones in those for sure! I miss mine. Z
Jeff R Posted November 17, 2010 Posted November 17, 2010 Paul Gilbert would dig that one! PG probably already has one. I e-mailed him a few years ago when I was moving a really, really rare vintage Ibanez piece and he thanked me for the heads up, but said he already had at least one of just about everything - including the rare bird I offered him. And we know already that he very fond Iceman guitars to begin with ...
svl Posted November 17, 2010 Posted November 17, 2010 ah.... the Steve Miller "Fly Like An Eagle" guitar! didn't he use one of these on that recording?You are correct, sir.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.