Guest abner devereaux Posted March 10, 2005 Posted March 10, 2005 Apologies to Mike C. and the others who posted without an axe to grind on his thread. This forum is not an appropriate place for personal attacks. If you can't play nice, please go somewhere else. This crap is jumped the shark a long time ago.Thanks.
Jason01 Posted March 11, 2005 Posted March 11, 2005 This crap is jumped the shark? Wow, thats cryptic.
sw686blue Posted March 11, 2005 Posted March 11, 2005 This crap is jumped the shark? Wow, thats cryptic. This quote is based on the Happy Days episode where the Fonz jumps over a shark on waterskis. It has become the common phrase when a show on tv relies on stupidity to gain viewers!Nick
serial Posted March 11, 2005 Posted March 11, 2005 Yeah, I never understood the Mork thing either. I mean WTF?! Then he moves to Boulder, Co and moves in with Mindy fast forwarding a few decades...
BCR Greg Posted March 11, 2005 Posted March 11, 2005 Look at Richie Cunningham. Look at Pam Dawber. I rest my case.
MCChris Posted March 11, 2005 Posted March 11, 2005 Sorry, but this "forceful guy operating beneath the cloak of anonymity" schtick is tres ghey.
kizanski Posted March 11, 2005 Posted March 11, 2005 Sorry, but this "forceful guy operating beneath the cloak of anonymity" schtick is tres ghey. ...almost (but not quite) as ghey as a French prefix.
MCChris Posted March 11, 2005 Posted March 11, 2005 ...almost (but not quite) as ghey as a French prefix. That's why I left off l'accent aigu.
Richard Posted March 11, 2005 Posted March 11, 2005 Fully as dumb as using "gay" or ("ghey") as a pejorative.
MCChris Posted March 11, 2005 Posted March 11, 2005 Fully as dumb as using "gay" or ("ghey") as a pejorative. Cool out there, Dick.
edgar_allan_poe Posted March 11, 2005 Posted March 11, 2005 Fully as dumb as using "gay" or ("ghey") as a pejorative. Pejorative - Disparaging; belittling. Just thought I would post that so people didn't have to look it up on Dictionary.com.
HamerHokie Posted March 11, 2005 Posted March 11, 2005 I was going to offer this to Abner, but it seems everyone needs one: A nice, hot cup of decaf.
kizanski Posted March 11, 2005 Posted March 11, 2005 Pejorative - Disparaging; belittling.Just thought I would post that so people didn't have to look it up on Dictionary.com. Why didn't you post that sooner?!
HamerHokie Posted March 11, 2005 Posted March 11, 2005 a cup of Joe? I think he means like this: Always liked that image. But it got a naughty word, so I think you'll get us deleted again.
MCChris Posted March 11, 2005 Posted March 11, 2005 But it got a naughty word, so I think you'll get us deleted again. Yeah that sucks ... mainly because Devereaux will pull the plug on it and then make a separate post acting like a hardass and advertising to everyone that he deleted something rather than just doing it and e-mailing the offending party off the board.Apologies to anyone with a hard ass who I may have offended with that pejorative.
BCR Greg Posted March 11, 2005 Posted March 11, 2005 And now for something completely different.......
Buzzy Fretts Posted March 11, 2005 Posted March 11, 2005 I turn my back on you guys for a minute and you're all back with your hand in the honey jar! I didn't see the offending post. But based on the howling on the board during recent deletions, I think we've pretty much ASKed Abner to post an explaination publicly rather than deal off-board only. Personally I think it all the new found power at the new board that is spurring this spate of spats. Power you ask? The POWER to post 100 animated smileys! .... Um..... (gulp) I take that back. The board reared its head and told me to remove a few.................... dozen.
Brewmaster Posted March 11, 2005 Posted March 11, 2005 Geez! I'm always missing the action!!! Would somebody email me the gory details please? The irony of the "Cup of Joe" comment is classic.
Guest abner devereaux Posted March 11, 2005 Posted March 11, 2005 MCC, sorry to have offended you. Be assured that nobody is being a "hardass" here. If somebody on the board posts a personal attack, it gets deleted. If that person decides to be a prick all the time, we can block them from posting. Nothing draconian about that, is there? There is no point for that kind of negativity or BS on the HFC, and we feel that there is nothing wrong with keeping things clean on the main board, within reason, of course. Not sure why this continues to bother you. Does it matter? None of your posts have been removed, right?I'm going to have a cup of "Joe" right now.Thanks!
MCChris Posted March 11, 2005 Posted March 11, 2005 Not sure why this continues to bother you. The anonymity of it bothers me. I think it's weak.Apologies to all the weaklings I may have offended with that pejorative.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.