Hamer Fan Club Message Center

'79 "undisclosed neck repair" Sunburst relisted on the 'Bay

He answered me on the first listing.

Here's the answer I got about the finish on the back and the PUPs.

"I am not quite sure, as I am not the 1st owner. Yes the heel is a bit darker than the rest of the body; if it is a neck repair then it was done well because I did not notice it; As for the Pickups I was told that they were original: Maybe I will take the pickups out and check but I am in Japan now and won't be able to do so until next Tuesday."

he finally replied to me too....

Dear redwingstanleycup02,

Headstock is clean, neck may have been resetted. Uploaded more pics.

realistically, what is this guitar worth????

Either this guy is really dumb, or he's counting on a buyer who is.

First of all, it's obvious that there was a neck break at the heel. If the neck had been "resetted" (and if that were in fact a word), there would be no need for that black paint.

Also, if you notice, his responses to questions are fashioned in a way that he "answers" without really saying anything. He's trying to use misdirection and feigning ignorance to give prospective bidders a false sense of security. He's using a lot of double-talk, and Double-talk just happens to be my area of expertise.

I wouldn't pay a dime over $750 for it.

Here is the latest from the seller....

I went to the forum, see what you guys have been writing. I have a long list of good credit history on ebay, I bought and sold many guitars and pro- audio equipment on ebay as a user since ebay first started, I only have positive feedback. So what is your attitude of ' that explains a lot ' that I am from Hong Kong? You are implying that I am a fraud? I cannot post reply because I was travelling in Japan!

Please buzz off, I don't want to sell it to you and I don't want you to bid on my guitar either.

Please buzz off, I don't want to sell it to you and I don't want you to bid on my guitar either.

LOL! Oh, the posturing and lamentations of the butthurt.

If a Hamer fanatic (HFC member) doesn't buy it then who's gonna buy it? Other than some poor unsuspecting ebaYer who doesn't know what he's looking at, that is.

He'll change his tune when he finds he's surrounded by crickets as his auction ends, is re-listed, and ends again...fifteen times.

Seller, if you're reading this, there is absolutely no excuse for trying to pass the damage off as a "neck reset." By all appearances it is a broken and repaired neck. There is no shame in that, there are many fine guitars with repaired necks, some are even better after the repair. But to try to slither your way around the issue by calling it a neck reset is plain dishonest. You can choose what kind of human being you want to be.

Latest on ebay....................

22/11/2011

I get a lot of questions asking if the headstock has been repaired due to the dark colour of the neck heel. I have uploaded more pics showing that the back of the headstock and the nut are clean; there has definitely been no repair to that area. As for the heel, it is darker and I think the neck might have been resetted. I can see traces of paint from prior overspray. The reason I cannot be 100% sure is because I am not the first owner of this guitar and for the past few years I have only played it a few times ( yes I hadn't been paying much attention to it and I believe it deserves a better home).

Depending on where you are located, shipping may vary slightly.

Please ask questions before bidding. Serious bidders only, no return.

22/11/2011

There is this Brent guy writing bad comment about this auction on Hamer Club forum, spreading rumours to stop people from bidding on this guitar, while he secretly sent message to me and try to buy this guitar for US$750. He said that he had already spreaded the rumours in the Hamer Fan Club forum and I would not be able to sell the guitar. He also spreaded rumours on how I avoided sending him pics and not replying to his questions but actually I had replied to him that I was travelling in Japan and was not able to send him any pic. Then he implied that I was from Hong Kong and not to be trusted, and all he want is a bargain. Well, the internet is full of rumour spreading dishonest guy like Brent, beware.

And no, the neck was not broken at the heel. How can you break the heel of a guitar?

23/11/2011

Uploaded a couple more pics showing the neck joint under the pickup. Clean and sturdy. Yes the pickups I have checked are original Dimarzios.

He likes you a lot then Brent !

If, as the Seller claims to have sold "many guitars and pro audio equipment" then surely he should have noticed a repair to the neck and or body joint has been made at some time.

Excluding material facts from the original advert is not going to win him any friends here.

I have bought guitars via ebay from all round the world, Japan, U.S. Germany (twice) but there are certain places I would be reluctant to send my cash to and one of those places is Hong Kong.

So given he's smudging the truth and his location its not surprising people would be wary of this deal.

Latest on ebay....................

22/11/2011

I get a lot of questions asking if the headstock has been repaired due to the dark colour of the neck heel. I have uploaded more pics showing that the back of the headstock and the nut are clean; there has definitely been no repair to that area. As for the heel, it is darker and I think the neck might have been resetted. I can see traces of paint from prior overspray. The reason I cannot be 100% sure is because I am not the first owner of this guitar and for the past few years I have only played it a few times ( yes I hadn't been paying much attention to it and I believe it deserves a better home).

Depending on where you are located, shipping may vary slightly.

Please ask questions before bidding. Serious bidders only, no return.

22/11/2011

There is this Brent guy writing bad comment about this auction on Hamer Club forum, spreading rumours to stop people from bidding on this guitar, while he secretly sent message to me and try to buy this guitar for US$750. He said that he had already spreaded the rumours in the Hamer Fan Club forum and I would not be able to sell the guitar. He also spreaded rumours on how I avoided sending him pics and not replying to his questions but actually I had replied to him that I was travelling in Japan and was not able to send him any pic. Then he implied that I was from Hong Kong and not to be trusted, and all he want is a bargain. Well, the internet is full of rumour spreading dishonest guy like Brent, beware.

And no, the neck was not broken at the heel. How can you break the heel of a guitar?

23/11/2011

Uploaded a couple more pics showing the neck joint under the pickup. Clean and sturdy. Yes the pickups I have checked are original Dimarzios.

"resetted" ... "spreaded" ...

Where did this guy learn English? (I'll ignore the myriad of spelling errors because my spelling sucks...)

Just for the record...

This was first posted here by Maxprs on the 14th November 2011.

Bubs was the first to notice the neck repair so (as far as I can tell) all Brent has done is make an offer on the guitar, doesn't make him in any way "rumour spreading or dishonest".

I know who I'd rather buy a guitar from.

Wow, you're eBay famous, Brent! Now, according to the seller it's because you're an evil, "rumor-mongering', sneaky cheeky devil, but e-Famous none-the-less!

Congrats!!! ;)

I get a lot of questions asking if the headstock has been repaired due to the dark colour of the neck heel.

So... people saw the dark neck heel and asked about the head stock...

I don't think anyone is concerned about the headstock, pal.

Archived