ScubaMarket Posted November 29, 2011 Posted November 29, 2011 LMAO.... I used to own the damn thing!!!. I bought it here off the forum for around 600.00 i believe from Barry or Murkat around 2-3 years ago. Like everything I've bought here the repair was disclosed. The neck repair was done structurely well. The guitar did also play well and stayed in tune.. Its worth 600 or 700 for a player. I wish I had been able to keep it.
ScubaMarket Posted November 29, 2011 Posted November 29, 2011 Im Glad I keep all my pictures of my guitars and Rob Lowe shots....lmao Seriously. The best place to buy a used Hamer is here on the forum from one of the long time members. I've been happy with every guitar I have bought here.
cynic Posted November 29, 2011 Posted November 29, 2011 LMAO.... I used to own the damn thing!!!. I bought it here off the forum for around 600.00 i believe from Barry or Murkat around 2-3 years ago. Like everything I've bought here the repair was disclosed. The neck repair was done structurely well. The guitar did also play well and stayed in tune.. Its worth 600 or 700 for a player. I wish I had been able to keep it. So.........Brent CAN be trusted??
cmatthes Posted November 29, 2011 Posted November 29, 2011 Good thing for any prospective buyer that the seller has provided easy linkage to the forum where they can see the REAL story...
coolfeel Posted November 29, 2011 Posted November 29, 2011 Good thing for any prospective buyer that the seller has provided easy linkage to the forum where they can see the REAL story... So a question to the owner - would you like some coffee with your "blowback"?
Brentrocks Posted November 30, 2011 Posted November 30, 2011 Holy CRAP!!!!maybe i should get a restraining order????
Brentrocks Posted November 30, 2011 Posted November 30, 2011 I actually offered him $750 upon advise form a resident HAMER expert
tbonesullivan Posted December 1, 2011 Posted December 1, 2011 It's down now, but I'm sure if he posts it again it'll show up here. But in all honesty, how can be NOT be aware of the horrible reputation that Hong Kong has for fraud, fakes, black market business, etc?Anyway, now that we've got an actual previous owner's info, I don't think he'll be able to get away with pretending the neck wasn't repaired.
Hfan Posted December 2, 2011 Posted December 2, 2011 Cool thread and case solved it seems. Brent, the guys on the Heritage site would love this. Stirring the pot in Hong Kong.
Brentrocks Posted December 2, 2011 Posted December 2, 2011 So.........Brent CAN be trusted?? Absolutely not, I had a nice guitar up here one time and the SOB offered me a measly $350. Oh really? refresh my memory?
whiskeyzulu Posted December 2, 2011 Posted December 2, 2011 So.........Brent CAN be trusted?? Absolutely not, I had a nice guitar up here one time and the SOB offered me a measly $350. obligatory tree fiddy offer
Hamerica Posted December 2, 2011 Posted December 2, 2011 LMAO.... I used to own the damn thing!!!. I bought it here off the forum for around 600.00 i believe from Barry or Murkat around 2-3 years ago. Like everything I've bought here the repair was disclosed. The neck repair was done structurely well. The guitar did also play well and stayed in tune.. Its worth 600 or 700 for a player. I wish I had been able to keep it. LMAO, I don't spend the time on the forum like I used too. Actually I purchased that guitar off of ebay back in 2006 and the heal repair was disclosed then. It became part of the Hamerica Collection. During one of my Great Hamerican Sales, I had about 6 Vintage Sunbursts for sale at one point and Barry purchased three of them and passed on the 79, cause he couldn't get over the heal break. Scuba Market swooped in and purchased it along with another 78 Sunburst. And yes, I did disclose the heal repair. I have a list of every Hamer I have sold. That guitar is worth the $750. Especially after Scuba even cleaned her up and had some work done on it. Sorry I came late to the party and yes, Kiz, you have seen that guitar before. Hamerica
hamer_sunburst Posted December 2, 2011 Posted December 2, 2011 I still wouldn't buy anything from Hong Kong, but that's me...
Brentrocks Posted December 3, 2011 Posted December 3, 2011 So.........Brent CAN be trusted?? Absolutely not, I had a nice guitar up here one time and the SOB offered me a measly $350. Oh really? refresh my memory? C'mon man, that's my attempt at a little $350 humor,,, oh...its ok...i couldnt tell if you were being serious....LOL
svl Posted December 3, 2011 Author Posted December 3, 2011 Hey Hamerica, quick question- why are the PUPs swapped bridge for neck? Or are they not original as the current owner told me via messaging?
Hamerica Posted December 3, 2011 Posted December 3, 2011 Hey Hamerica, quick question- why are the PUPs swapped bridge for neck? Or are they not original as the current owner told me via messaging?Hey SVL,That was the way I received the guitar. The guitar sounded good so there was no need to change them. I don't recall pulling them out to check brand and or why it was done but I do remember Hamstd dropping by from one of the guitar shows and us discussing the reversal. Just as a note, I prefer the Hamer slammers and Dimarizos from the era so I don't ever change pups. Hamerica
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.