Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA: Hamer USA Sunburst - Early model - 1978

That's no former mod I know from the HFC...

Can't read the serial number but looks like a 78 with a shim bridge. So not made at Arlington Heights but assembled at Palatine, possibly. Serial will confirm this but I believe the woodworking was outsourced at this point to Tom Holmes and others. Some 77s were made at Greenbay Road.

The debate continues - smooth back Grovers on a 78. Notice small dots (5mm) whereas some 78s have big dots (7mm).

Where's the zero? Should be 8 047X. It is also after the sustain-block was introduced so might be one of the last shims.

Can't tell from the photo but it may be a longer headstock which ended before 8 0400. Left over parts?

If anyone is interested I would suggest a thorough serial number check.

Seller indicated the "serial number is 6 6247 or 8 6247". So it would be 8 6247.

The last four couldn't be that high...perhaps 8 0247?

Ya, it was very hard to blow up the picture and make it readable. It looks like 8 0247, Shimmed Bridge, Short Headstock. Nice Looking Sunburst!

So this was one of Franks, huh? Cool lineage for the Chicago power pop scene. I agree, looks like 0247.

• 2 weeks later...

By HFC law, you have 24 hours to post pics of said acquisition.

"I bought my first Hamer last June (the Daytona in my profile pic) and can't seem to stop buying them."

Why Stop? How much is the money earning in "the bank?" Maybe .015% a year? Do you REALLY have to eat?

Archived