Jeff R Posted March 21, 2005 Posted March 21, 2005 No Hamer content here, but I wanted to put it up on the section with the most traffic, so please mods, don't bounce this over...One of my best friends in the world (actually, pretty much the little brother I never had) just got back this past week from flying choppers in Iraq for the past year. He saw his share of all the aspects of war, lost some of his friends and was overseas when his first child was born. I'm so glad he's home. Anyway...I talked to Garrett on the phone tonight and when I asked him what's he up to outside of catching up with stateside and family, he said he wants a Les Paul. He's wanted one forever and he can finally afford one, he just doesn't know where to look and he's striking out on eBay because he's an auction newbie with no feedback.HFC brothers, let's help him! We need leads on a nice LP Standard or Custom. Doesn't have to be mint, but a player that was cared for at a fair price. He wants a slim neck, and he's more inclined to get a 70s, early 80s guitar with a little wear over a newer one.Put leads in this thread and I will e- Garrett the link to this forum. Thanks in advance!
gwayne Posted March 21, 2005 Posted March 21, 2005 Jeff, No LP help, but I'm glad to hear he's home. My brother is still there flying Blackhawks. He's missed almost 2 years of his 6 year old daughter's life.
cmatthes Posted March 21, 2005 Posted March 21, 2005 My good friend just left on Thursday - also a Marine Blackhawk pilot. Rejoined his old unit and will be there for at least the next 7-8 months. This guy is a 100% class act all the way - I wish all of them the best.
Mobster Posted March 21, 2005 Posted March 21, 2005 Garrett, first things first, I really appreciate all you guys are doing over there. Glad you're home.As far as a nice LP goes, check out Cowtown Guitars .He has a great selection of Les Pauls right now.The shop is right around the corner from my office, and if there is anything at all you like there, I'd be happy to shoot over and take a closer look at it, and give you a complete rundown.If you want to call me, you can get my number from Jeff.Edited to add the link
Jack C Posted March 21, 2005 Posted March 21, 2005 I'm not much help on the LP search, but I'll certainly keep my eyes open. Now for the thread hijack (but it does bump Jeff's thread). Saw this one at the link Mobster posted. I've never heard of the Kramer Elliot Easton sig model but I like the looks of it. Actually, it looks a lot like a Robin:
phoenix Posted March 21, 2005 Posted March 21, 2005 Garrett, you are a better man than me. I look at pictures and blubber after 4 days away from my girl. How about HHB's custom?
Mobster Posted March 21, 2005 Posted March 21, 2005 I'm not much help on the LP search, but I'll certainly keep my eyes open.Now for the thread hijack (but it does bump Jeff's thread). Saw this one at the link Mobster posted. I've never heard of the Kramer Elliot Easton sig model but I like the looks of it. Actually, it looks a lot like a Robin: Jack, IIRC, those Elliot Easton models were made by Tom Anderson. Those are great guitars, I played that one, and it's super clean.
guitfiddler Posted March 21, 2005 Posted March 21, 2005 As BCRGreg knows, I have a collection of 7 or 8 premium-grade Japanese LP replicas made by Yamaha, Greco, Orville, Tokai and Epiphone that were made in Japan from the late 70's through 2000. Since I just bought another one, I should let one go. If he prefers a slim neck, the 1980 Yamaha (8 lbs.) might be perfect for him. It is in 9.5 cond., maple top over mahogany, real lacquer finish, cream binding. BCRGreg re-wired it, and installed the n.o.s. (late 70's) double-cream Bill Lawrence pickups that I had supplied. The tone controls double as "push-push" pots, cutting the humbuckers to single-coil when desired. Greg also did a fret-level crown & polish, and full set-up about a year ago. It is very toneful & resonant, very versatile with the splittable pups. Due to the light weight, we suspect that the body may be chambered. I would be willing to sell it to him for what I have invested ($875.) w/case (new, Gibson hardshell,) plus shipping. He may contact me at croeder@delbarproducts.com if interested.
Mike_C Posted March 21, 2005 Posted March 21, 2005 This one reminds ome of a Robin as well. sort of looks like the easton guitar too.
BCR Greg Posted March 22, 2005 Posted March 22, 2005 Kilroy has an unbelievable blue LP on the for sale page.http://www.hamerfanclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=619EditThe Pauls is gone.Nevermind.
cmatthes Posted March 22, 2005 Posted March 22, 2005 Yep - it sure is! Kilroy RAWKS. (there, I said it again!)
Kilroy is all about... Posted March 22, 2005 Posted March 22, 2005 As a Naval Flight Officer for the past 19 years, it is my duty to offer to a fellow vetern or naval slang, 'shipmate' any of the following les pauls:'96 'ruby' gem series les paul studio with P90s. ($1.25k-$250 'gi' discount=$1k)http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v503/juliam/P1010021.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v503/juliam/P1010021.jpg'81 goldburst custom les paul ($3.5k - $500 'gi' discount= $3k)(this guitar is my favorite lessy of all; she's so rare that i've only seen two, this one and another in moscow, russia-go, figure).http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v503/jul...LPgldbrst81.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v503/juliam/LPgldbrst.jpgIf he's interested, cool. rgkilroy@yahoo.comrgkilroy@dmv.state.nv.us
Kilroy is all about... Posted March 22, 2005 Posted March 22, 2005 GEM is off the market. It just got traded for a 'bronzeburst' les paul custom.Is my 'goldburst' really a 'bronzeburst' or do I have it =rse backwards.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v503/jul...bronzebody1.jpgkilroy updates...
custom53 Posted March 22, 2005 Posted March 22, 2005 Garrett, first things first, I really appreciate all you guys are doing over there. Glad you're home.As far as a nice LP goes, check out Cowtown Guitars . He has a great selection of Les Pauls right now. The shop is right around the corner from my office, and if there is anything at all you like there, I'd be happy to shoot over and take a closer look at it, and give you a complete rundown. If you want to call me, you can get my number from Jeff. Edited to add the link Next time you're in Cowtown Guitars, tell Mark Chatfield Columbus says hello... And tell you're buddy I appreciate his effort...
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.