Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Anybody have an MJT Guitar?

bubs_42

I really love my Japanese Tele Necks and was going to do a third tele build when I decided to just replace the warmoth offset body from my last build with a tele body. I contacted MJT and purchased a body and gave them details to how I would like the aging done and the color. So we will see, the wait begins and its time to start collecting the rest of my parts go finish out the build. Offset body, RS Body, and spare parts to hit the market soon. I'm also going to need to couple of cool cases for my Teles.  

I've got several MJT bodies (several Strats, two Jazzmasters).  They're actually excellent quality wood, lightweight, and the finishes have some pretty realistic "vintage vibe" to them.  The Nitro is pretty thin, probably a bit thinner than vintage finishes I've had over the years.  Great customer service too.  You won't go wrong with one of those.  I usually pair them up with a Musikraft neck and I'm off to the races.

I had an Inca Silver Strat body for sale last year on here that I may pull out and offer up again.  My project pile has gone down a bit, but still too big for me to finish in my playing lifetime!

I snagged this one recently...DGS forgot to mention in their description, that not only is the beefy Musikraft neck figured birdseye maple, but it's roasted maple AND appears to have stainless steel frets.  They also forgot to mention that it's got Glendale 'Raw Deal' hardware (no plating), including the 'Bakersfield Twang' 'Intone Cutting Edge' saddle set (E & A saddle is aluminum, the other two saddles are cold rolled steel), and Glendale string ferrules (low E and A are aluminum, D and G are cold rolled steel, and the B and high E are brass).  Speaking of cases, I kept the Fender G&G early '60's-style case (brown with gold lining) from the Ransom semi-hollow Tele I recently had, for use with this guitar instead...now my MJT/Musikraft guitar sleeps in it.  

https://davesguitar.com/products/kit/aged-tele-custom-recent/

I just traded into this MJT. Single TVJones Classic+, single volume control, fat soft V neck and very tasteful relic, if you're into that sort of thing (I am). As a bonus, the gold is pretty much a perfect match with my Danocaster double cut (which I also traded into)

It plays great and I love the simplicity.

y4mWp6rvXJ4CX05LxLQ2XHQvFo2hHRTzEKeMYEie

Here it is with the Dano.

y4mtgoo9lrwt9_BFRFuramr4OwAWfHgvxvPLYDOV

Love those, I dipped my toes in a while back and bought a Strat Body just to see how the aging was done and how I would gage which kind of aging I want. I want light aging, I want it to look loved but used and I'll take care of the rest. Instead of going with another neck, I'm just going to use what I have here. IF I do another one down the road, it will have a bit of a larger radius and a fuller neck so I can play slide on it easier. Just focused on this one for now. 

I bought a solid orange closet classic offset Tele body and I love it. As Chris said, the nitro is pretty thin and mine chipped up pretty much instantly. But I like that on this guitar. P,ay hard and the pick easily gouges thru the finish. Perfect fit for the neck. 

‘I would buy again from MJT in a heartbeat.

11 hours ago, Jakeboy said:

I bought a solid orange closet classic offset Tele body and I love it. As Chris said, the nitro is pretty thin and mine chipped up pretty much instantly. But I like that on this guitar. P,ay hard and the pick easily gouges thru the finish. Perfect fit for the neck. 

‘I would buy again from MJT in a heartbeat.

Thats what i'm saying, as little fake aging as I can get and I'll do the rest. It will be like getting a head start. ;) 

This is a MJT paint job on a body I sent them, a featherweight two-piece center seam alder with strat comfort bevels I handpicked from one of my suppliers. "Desert Sand," with four out of five stars on the distress scale.

Never fails, the pure monster players who visit my shop gravitate towards this one ... and they cannot put it down.

32455153_1828367377465438_71373853498015

32486543_1828367390798770_90842597770091

32349949_1828367227465453_67834290934141

32359646_1828367444132098_16168631632511

Turns out there's more to the story around my "MJT". I changed the strings this weekend and took the opportunity to take the neck off. I found a "Berly Guitars" stamp in the pocket. It is an unaged MJT body that was relic'd by Kim at Berly.  Long story short, the body and bridge are original to the guitar he built, but the neck, pickup and knob have all been changed. I do love the neck, but am working with Kim to see about getting the original neck (the buyer sent it back to him).

y4mK0AE8pFU3yJi-DaDGuuQ6n3sGDl9D8zORjte3

1 hour ago, currypowder said:

Turns out there's more to the story around my "MJT". I changed the strings this weekend and took the opportunity to take the neck off. I found a "Berly Guitars" stamp in the pocket. It is an unaged MJT body that was relic'd by Kim at Berly.  Long story short, the body and bridge are original to the guitar he built, but the neck, pickup and knob have all been changed. I do love the neck, but am working with Kim to see about getting the original neck (the buyer sent it back to him).

y4mK0AE8pFU3yJi-DaDGuuQ6n3sGDl9D8zORjte3

https://reverb.com/item/14437430-berly-s-2018-emerald-green

yeah, i didn't need to see this one lol.  must have spec'd this green one out in my sleep or something. the seafoam Berly looks pretty good too...

Archived