HamerCustomEr Posted January 19, 2021 Posted January 19, 2021 No affiliation: https://reverb.com/ca/item/38158147-montreux-time-machine-collection-62-strat-nylon-knob-set-relic-fits-to-60-s-fender-stratocaster Sure, Reverb prices are going crazy, but this guy in Japan was originally asking over $100 USD for three Strat knobs?? Surely, only a knob himself would pay that much?
Punkavenger Posted January 19, 2021 Posted January 19, 2021 knobs are a big deal. i went through 4 sets of knobs for my SG until I could find something decent, that looked right and fit right ... and it was a 96! not even vintage or rare.
Dr. Bear Posted January 19, 2021 Posted January 19, 2021 This reminds me to thank the HFCer who volunteered a set of period- and model-correct knobs for a TLE that i acquired with utterly horrid replacements. I’ve not forgotten your kindness and generosity!
Toadroller Posted January 19, 2021 Posted January 19, 2021 The sum of the parts is more than the whole, right? People part things out to make money. I have a receiver I'm fixing, and it's missing a few buttons on its faceplate. I found someone on Ebay with the faceplate, also missing some buttons, and a whole bunch of other parts, from the same receiver. He's asking more for the faceplate than I paid for my receiver. No thanks. At $100 for 3 knobs, he probably won't sell.
tbonesullivan Posted January 19, 2021 Posted January 19, 2021 The seller is in Japan, and things are just really expensive over there.
kizanski Posted January 19, 2021 Posted January 19, 2021 What's worse is these are replica vintage knobs, not actual vintage ones.
crunchee Posted January 19, 2021 Posted January 19, 2021 Anybody remember the guy who was trying to sell mid-late '80's plastic Hamer knobs several years ago on Ebay, for roughly the same price? The reaction here on the HFC was much the same. I can't remember if it was for one or for a full set of three, though.
pablo Posted January 20, 2021 Posted January 20, 2021 7 hours ago, tbonesullivan said: The seller is in Japan, and things are just really expensive over there. Ask me, i live in Argentina 🤦
The Shark Posted January 20, 2021 Posted January 20, 2021 Witch Hats and Black knobs with inserts from the sixties era are the hardest to get right in the reissue world. Has more to do with the "font" than anything.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.