Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA: CL Finds (no affil.)

9 minutes ago, Tortious said:

MonEl is nice. Already have a trans black one. Which is no excuse. Hmm.

It was going so well up until the case picture.

00909_8c9Q0YMbU2jz_0t20CI_600x450.jpg

🦶🦶🦶🦶      🤢

Who is it here that hates feet in pictures? Is it @kizanski or someone else more or less vocal…?

16 minutes ago, santellavision said:

Me too, creeps me out. 

Not only do I NOT need to see the seller's feet, it makes me wonder what else he's overlooked if he can't even be bothered to edit out his gross toes from the photos.  

Ok, so the MonEl is out by virtue of the seller’s feet. 

The Tally Pro GT is tits. 

But I’ll tell you what, if I could find a beater Eclipse for under a grand and convert it to P90’s, that might be something…

A goldtop Tally Pro would fit in well here. Well, in  a different time.....

It appears the same person (New Hampshire) also has a real beauty of a SuperPro. That is, if you happen to like great quilt tops.

https://nh.craigslist.org/msg/d/weare-hamer-monaco-superpro-custom/7511831169.html

4 minutes ago, lang said:

I'd love to have a Tally Pro, but not going near this.  Must be the toes.

The 🦶 are with the MonEl.  Didn't the pro have a different/solid wraptail, with no saddles? I don't know Talledegas very well. Seems pretty nice.

spacer.png

3 minutes ago, Tortious said:

The 🦶 are with the MonEl.  Didn't the pro have a different/solid wraptail, with no saddles? I don't know Talledegas very well. Seems pretty nice.

spacer.png

From what little I can tell, it does look good.  Might be end up to be a good deal for someone.  Just not for me.  I'll hold my breath waiting for @django49to put his gold superpro up for sale instead. ;)

7 minutes ago, Tortious said:

spacer.png

FWIW, one of my Talladega Pros (all 3 now gone, sorry) came to me with a non-stock intonable tailpiece (and non stock Lollar Imperial pickups. The original owner did that "to get a Collings at a lower price point". I actually liked it better with the stock tail, but (IMO) the Lollar pickups were better than the stock Duncans.

Just now, lang said:

From what little I can tell, it does look good.  Might be end up to be a good deal for someone.  Just not for me.  I'll hold my breath waiting for @django49to put his gold superpro up for sale instead. ;)

Prepare for a long wait. That is probably the last Hamer I will ever cut loose. It also, BTW, has the original custom order Lollar Imperials.

1 hour ago, Tortious said:

spacer.png

Correct. That is not the stock bridge unless it was custom ordered that way. All the Tally Pro’s I’ve seen have had a different wraptail bridge than what is on this one. 

17 hours ago, topekatj said:

Taking a closer look at the Talladega— the back is finished *red*? Seems like an odd pairing with the gold top.

Exactly what I was thinking, should have been mahogany (brownish).

Gabe 😀

I keep coming back to that Tally Pro.  Not only is it the first gold top I’ve seen in that model, it’s the only Pro I’ve seen with dot inlays. Not even a 12th fret Victory like the Tally amateur. Now I’m wondering if anyone ever ordered a Talladega with crowns….

4 minutes ago, Travis said:

I keep coming back to that Tally Pro.  Not only is it the first gold top I’ve seen in that model, it’s the only Pro I’ve seen with dot inlays. Not even a 12th fret Victory like the Tally amateur. Now I’m wondering if anyone ever ordered a Talladega with crowns….

Here are some old pictures that might give a clue. Victory, not crowns. No longer mine, but they belong to a member here. AFAIK, there are only 2 others so equipped.

Talladega TIger Eye 1.jpgTalladega Pro Tiger Eye 1.jpgTalladega TIger Eye 4.jpg

Talladega TIger Eye 6.jpg

Talladega TIger Eye 5.jpg

12 minutes ago, django49 said:

Here are some old pictures that might give a clue. Victory, not crowns. No longer mine, but they belong to a member here. AFAIK, there are only 2 others so equipped.

Talladega TIger Eye 1.jpgTalladega Pro Tiger Eye 1.jpgTalladega TIger Eye 4.jpg

Talladega TIger Eye 6.jpg

Talladega TIger Eye 5.jpg

Always loved those two. 

From a features standpoint, I prefer the single V/T of the Tally amateur but the aesthetics of the wraptail on the Pro. 

If only Hamer had made an Earthen Talladega with a wraptail, I’m pretty sure that would be my holy grail…

1 minute ago, Travis said:

Always loved those two. 

From a features standpoint, I prefer the single V/T of the Tally amateur but the aesthetics of the wraptail on the Pro. 

If only Hamer had made an Earthen Talladega with a wraptail, I’m pretty sure that would be my holy grail…

Had I not found the Huber Dolphin, I am pretty sure I'd have kept at least one Tally Pro.

Archived