Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA and FS by consignment: Seafoam green Daytona and Studio Custom

I'm selling two guitars through consignment at a local store that I want to support. I'll get less for them, but having a good local store is important. They also have an in-house luthier who did a fret dress and setup on both guitars. It's a great shop. 

The prices are relatively higher than general market, but I know that they (and me) would accept reasonable offers. Both guitars are pristine. The Daytona has the beginning of some finish checking that you'd never be able to photograph. The Studio Custom has no Hameritis and has one of the best flame tops I've seen on a Hamer (in person anyway)

Here's the links:

Hamer Daytona Electric Guitar #645153 - Used | Soundpure.com

Hamer Studio Custom Electric Guitar #553885 - Used (soundpure.com)

The Daytona has a treble bleed, master tone, and a blender pot (so you can get the neck and bridge together)

Also, both guitars are under 8 pounds. Yes, that's right, a Daytona and a Studio Custom under 8 pounds

If they don't sell by December 14th, then they transition from consignment to trade ins and I get less credit for them than if they sell. So, give them a look and please consider making an offer by reaching out to SoundPure to get a great guitar

I'll post some of my own photos here as well later today

Edited by jujisque
  • Like 3

FWIW, your pics are so much better... the grain and texture of that Studio Custom if off the charts and the Seafoam isn't so washed out...

Both beautiful guitars... glwts👍

GO NINERS! 🏈

Edited by Dave Scepter
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, stedge said:

Yep.  Been watching that Daytona.  Looks like a nice one.

I was also watching too - but with some other Daytonas and T51 going closer to 1000, i wasn't even thinking about making and offer.  This photos really does that studio some justice!  Beautiful!

Edited by WorstBandName

1 hour ago, WorstBandName said:

I was also watching too - but with some other Daytonas and T51 going closer to 1000, i wasn't even thinking about making and offer.  This photos really does that studio some justice!  Beautiful!

Hey man, feel free to make an offer. If it's a number that nets me more than the trade value, I won't say no

3 hours ago, Dave Scepter said:

FWIW, your pics are so much better... the grain and texture of that Studio Custom if off the charts and the Seafoam isn't so washed out...

Both beautiful guitars... glwts👍

GO NINERS! 🏈

Yeah, I don't know how they messed up the photos, but they really are washed out. The top on the custom is phenomenal and they made it look very average

• Like 2

7 hours ago, topekatj said:

Looks like the trem, pickup covers and knobs have also been replaced on the Daytona? What pickups are in there, and is it a heavy one? 

Thanks, GLWTSs

I'm not certain what the pickups are. I bought it here on the HFC back in 2009 or so and the seller said it had Lollars in it, but they're not marked as such once I opened it up. They sound phenomenal ... but I don't know what they are. Wouldn't shock me if the covers/knobs had been replaced, but I am not aware. 

The trem is original, but I replaced the saddles with Highwood saddles after cutting up my hand on the original Wilkinson ones. 

It's not heavy. I don't have the exact measurement, but it's in the 7 lb range. In fact, the Studio Custom is also sub 8 pounds

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, cmatthes said:

Is that the old Kiz Daytona?

4 minutes ago, jujisque said:

Not sure, but that would be some pretty cool history. @kizanski ?

I don't think so.

My old one was a '95 (I think this one has a '96 serial) with a pearloid pickguard and Kinman pickups.
It was a monster of a guitar.

image.png

So, of course I sold it.

• Like 3