Hamer Fan Club Message Center

What The Hell Happened To Blood, Sweat & Tears?

specialk

I was kinda 'meh' towards them until, in the 5th grade, our 1000-year-old try-to-be-hip music teacher - sort of a mean Edith Bunker/Mrs. Howell from Gilligan's Island mashup - tried to make us sing 'Spinning Wheel' in her class. Holy hell it was awful, and I have hated that song ever since. That woman is probably the biggest reason I never learned to read music.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

I saw them in 1984 at a place that used to  be a big club in West Islip NY called Hammerheads. The place changed names a few times I don't remember what it was at the time. I had not heard of BST in many years and have not heard of them really since. A friend of mine had tickets and asked me to go. (I had seen Slayer the night before at L'amour in Brooklyn and was thinking of going again that night)

Anyway they played with the Tower of Power horn section and it was a really good show. David Clayton Powell sounded great. Don't remember a ton of details other than that. I'll have to check out the video to find out what the hell happened to them.

Edited by rickrock999