Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Time to rip some Band Aids off, this one is first

This is a tweed Pro Junior with an out of focus front pic.  Camera croaked right after.  It's in generally good shape except that a previous owner wanted a "convenience outlet" mounted on the side.  That's the bad.  The good?  Good tubes, Mojotone power, GT pre's.  The even better? Much as an Eminence Ragin' Cajun transforms a Fender Super Champ XD/X2, an Eminence Copperhead does the same for this baby.  More volume, more clean headroom and a bit of a lifted top end.  Still the same grab 'n' go box of cool only more.  It's one half of my grab and go rig and I'll miss it.

I'm asking $425 (plus actual shipping) but am open to reasonable offers.  Cash, MO or PP friends & family (only).  The less time I have to spend dealing with the IRS the better.  As I write this it's too damn cold to rummage around in the garage to find a suitable box and packing materials, but I'll get 'er out ASAP.

Never mind the "convenience outlet", hell you might find it handy.  I did.  This is a good one.  hit me here or at: tomteriffic1952AT woh DOT rr DOT com

101_0139.JPG

101_0142.JPG

101_0145.JPG

Dscn6277.jpg

Dscn6278.jpg

Edited by tomteriffic
Edited for mo' betta pitchers
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Pieman said:

What is a “convenience outlet?”. can’t say i’ve seen that before now .  thanks

They used to be pretty common, particularly on the backs of blackface-era Fender amps.  This is (obviously) a more modern variant on that theme.

31 minutes ago, Pieman said:

Sorry, but do you need a power cord with thre-prong plugs at each end?

Doesn't look like the outlet is grounded, but would be super easy to add a ground wire

Screenshot_20240121_141852_Chrome.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/5/2024 at 5:57 PM, hamerican gigolo said:

The Emi Copperhead is the perfect speaker for the PJ.

GLWTS 

Yep.  More overall volume and clean headroom as well as a bit more top end on tap, over the midrange-forward nature of tweed amps.

• 1 month later...
56 minutes ago, Jakeboy said:

Never played one but I have always heard these are snarling little beasts!

Even moreso with the Copperhead.  It's akin to putting a Ragin' Cajun into a Super Champ.  Transforms the thing.