All Activity
- Past hour
- Today
-
I dunno what rhe current “good deal” price is for a Daytona, BUT, THIS one’s damn sharp looking — I know, it looks like the million or so boat anchor heavy ass 70’s fenders, But but, this one is 8#, 8 oz., looks killer with the black plastics ( is that really original?) Minty condition, OHSC, BACK PLATE!, NO added string tree. I don’t even see any tarnish on the chrome! I do NOT see the trem arm for the Wilky, but there’s a whole lot to like here. I may have a spare trem arm if someone here goes for it. They ain’t making any more of these! It’s an immaculate 32 year old (HAMER) guitar! TJ sez: you need this thing more than 3 more used booteek pedals that will end up back on Reverb (or in a box!) https://reverb.com/item/101198871-usa-hamer-daytona-1994-ohsc-collectable
-
- 2
-
-
With Hamer long gone and Mike planning to hang up his tools, I thought it might be worthwhile to have a thread acknowledging the multitude of other boutique, solo/small shop options out there. To be sure there are some really talented folks out there. I'll start- Ted Stevenson- Montreal, Canadian builder who got his start as a guitar and amp repair man and has been building for 20 years. Made me a killer super Strat. I'd put him up there with the Tyler and Suhr in terms of quality and materials. Attila Custom Guitars is a boutique instrument builder out of Parma/Cleveland Ohio, operated by luthier Attila Csapo. Did quite a bit of asking around before opting to go with him for my Icee-Man build. His customers are very enthusiastic and generous in their praise and accolades of his work. Even managed to make a couple of social media pals via correspondence with them. His work is rock solid! I currently have an order in for a V that promises to raise a few eyebrows. Shane Huss: HEL - Most on here have heard of Shane's work through my posts as he has built me 4 guitars, 3 of which I still own. I am quite smitten with them despite some gnarly issues with organization and timeliness plaguing the experience. But this arguably is to expected from what is/was, essentially, a side hustle. Sadly, I don't think he's building anymore as his website and FB page haven't been updated since 2018 and last word out of State College was that his repair shop closed down and he was working for the state's environmental dept. Funk Guitars- Mark Funk has been putting out some visually impressive, hand-cut hot rod guitars (his marketing verbiage, not mine) from his shop in Ft. Lauderdale, FL. for 16 years. I kept seeing his posts on FB and eventually snagged one of his builds. While the super Strat was excellent, great attention to detail and top notch features and materials, ultimately I flipped it in hopes of raising funds for another, more desired build from Charvel CS. Nonetheless, his work continues to impress me and I may yet break down and order another custom build.
-
- 1
-
-
I like Joe! I like his music his on stage vs off stage persona. He's one heck of a player by anybody's standards. I can forgive him for the faking it a little bit. Let's see what he tours with! Tubes or Transistors. My money is on the tubes!! Joe's just trying to get more money to buy vintage tube amps!
-
Just spitballing here but is possible that he's both crazy talented/hard working AND a sell out? Are the two mutually exclusive? Just my .02 (I am a huge fan of his Black Country Communion work with Glenn Hughes) but hawking gear that one doesn't actually use, doesn't diminish one's prodigious talent and accomplishments. It might cast a tiny bit of shade over that person's character but in my mind, their status as a powerhouse talent is essentially unaffected. I don't know JB as a person but let's just say he is a business-minded artist. Jeez, we've never heard of that happening before. 🙄 (cough cough Gene Simmons Taylor Swift cough cough) I guess it boils down to how you view his business practices. Does the business aspect impact the quality and legitimacy of the music or is it just gettin' mine while I can ? Personally, I can forgive his selling out (cashing in) in favor of enjoying his music, much in the way I can enjoy a band even though I don't care for their views or beliefs. YMMV.
-
I'm with you here. Kudos to Joe for working hard and getting to do what he loves the most. I remember when Warren De Martini was sponsored by Laney. I doubt he ever used those amps. There must be many more players who just did a deal for the money, but then still used their own trusty old gear. Not many believs Joe uses the digital amps. But Fender might still be able to sell a few on his name.
-
hamerfan50 started following For Sale - Wanted to Buy - PIF - eBay & Other PSAs
- Yesterday
-
Ian Hill Leaves Judas Priest
scottcald replied to Steve Haynie's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
So, I guess they just need a Rob replacement to get to Gene and Paul’s dream of having people pay for the band with none of them there. -
Thanks I was trying to figure out a Uriah Heep joke
-
Soundgarden but not Soundgarden. Full set.
diablo175 replied to Saul Goodman's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Had the good fortune of being out in Seattle in '88- 91 and caught Soundgarden (quite by accident) in their earlier days in a local show. Didn't know them as I was still clinging tenaciously to my then- beloved hair metal. Went out the next day to get all their available catalog at that time. Saw them a them a few years later at Lollapalooza! Love this band! -
Soundgarden but not Soundgarden. Full set.
Brooks replied to Saul Goodman's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
I love it! She is killing it, band too. I love Soundgarden, esp the Loud Love & Badmotorfinger albums -
WTB 90's Seymour Duncan p90 pickups 3B 2N
Hbom replied to Kp90J's topic in For Sale - Wanted to Buy - PIF - eBay & Other PSAs
I have a set I would sell. Comes in a nice mahogany box with a Hamer branded tolex outer container. $1400.00 + shipping. -
Well, Joe sold out, again.
geoff_hartwell replied to Saul Goodman's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
My memory is that Joe has said that even in his multi-amp live setup what goes to the FoH is a Marshall Silver Jubilee through a Palmer speaker sim as “Always on”, and he adds one or two types of Fender to taste. And a TC 2290 for ambience. So, just playing devils advocate, isn’t his tone based on a crunchy M-style through a Speaker sim? 🤔 -
-
Ian Hill Leaves Judas Priest
Dave Scepter replied to Steve Haynie's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
I don't understand 😕 -
FIFY.