All Activity
- Past hour
-
Quiet Riot has a new singer
tbonesullivan replied to Saul Goodman's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
I need to watch that. The closest thing I have seen to a QR doc is the Randy Rhoads doc, which pretty much covers all of Quiet Riot until Rhoads joined up with Ozzy. Even from that you can gather that Kevin DuBrow was a freakin self-obsessed #*$(#)*$. Hopefully this new guy works out. Worked well for Journey! -
re Quiet Riot, this is still the best 'mash up' I've ever seen
- Today
-
This the new product from @901gtr. It's a soft-mute pedal. URL: https://901sound.de/uncategorized/das-tacet-ist-da/?mc_cid=e068591d5a&mc_eid=c0ec071f8b
- 6 replies
-
- guitarsummit
- 2026
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
Those fees are keeping me from considering that tractor...
-
I was gonna just say make sure your zipper is closed. as i get older the open barn door happens more often. So be careful!!! and glad it went well.
-
Hope this new singer likes playing at ribfests.
-
FS: 2006 HAMER Standard
Mike Brooks replied to Mike Brooks's topic in For Sale - Wanted to Buy - PIF - eBay & Other PSAs
SOLD !! -
I was seriously considering the four-digit Cruisebass that was in Dusty Hill's estate auction as it was reasonably priced - until I started adding in the buyer's premium and the incredible shipping charges. I quickly realized these weren't venues for me to actually consider.
-
I don't know about the origins of the practice, but as someone who recently experienced the seller side of a property auction, it was good to know at every moment the number that was being bandied about was the amount that would come to the seller. As a buyer, you certainly have to know your all-in price. But if as a seller I get to set some terms, one of them that I appreciated was hearing the amount that would come to me as the auction progressed. It didn't happen in my case, and that was my only experience, but certainly there are occasions when auctions get halted if the bids are unacceptably low. Just speculating, but maybe auctions are instances of transactions where the sellers are largely not engaged in commerce, and therefore not used to accounting for all of the costs of selling, and would find it confusing to have to do arithmetic in the fast-paced auction? These practices were firmly in place long before the advent of handheld supercomputers in everyone's pocket.
-
Pick of the Rick Nielsen auction
tbonesullivan replied to bodp471's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
I have never understood the point of the "buyer's premium". Does not having it as part of the hammer price actually make them more money? -
Joe B. has at least one Hamer Standard.
-
There was a QR doc several years back, they found this older guy who sounded like Dubrow. Later in the doc the guy is fucking up, forgetting lyrics etc, hope this kid holds it together.
-
After borrowing a friend’s Tally last November, I was totally smitten and had to get one. I found a gorgeous (jazzburst) mint one in a studio that was essentially unplayed. It is very light as mine has the extra chambering. Mine also has a softer V than the borrowed one. Still a thick neck. Extremely fast playing guitar that sounds like a very beefy Tele in the bridge position. @LucSulla’s review is spot-on. One of the best guitars I have ever owned.
-
Zandard $7500
bry4321 replied to bry4321's topic in For Sale - Wanted to Buy - PIF - eBay & Other PSAs
- 1 reply
-
- 1
-
-
Sure, you can buy the original for a few hundred thousand, or you can own this one for $7500. Provenance: @elduave to @bubs_42 to @tommy p. I will post links to earlier Zandard threads when I have a chance. Initially selling in-person in DC metro area to HFC’er or to your trusted helper to buy and ship it. If no one local bites I will reconsider shipping. It is only 9.4 lbs according to kitchen scale but weight is a problem for my shoulder. Thanks for looking! Or buy this:
- 1 reply
-
- 4
-
-
28% auction fee on top of the bids and then shipping fees. It's out of my budget.
-
Oh boy, I am sure there is no connection, but just thinking of his recent health scare. I still remember when he was on American Pickers, and they were going through his collection. Looking through the guitars, this might result in the highest selling Gibson "Zoot Suit" SG ever. I was really tempted by those when they were still being sold. So, who do we think #0004 will go to? With Jim Irsay having passed away, I'm wondering who the next super collector will be.
-
-
santellavision started following FS: Bad Cat Purepath Analog Reactive Load Cab Simulator
-
It's back, deal fell through. Bad Cat Purepath Analog Reactive Load Cab Simulator Really cool amp attenuator/cab sim. It was was voted the best piece of gear at the 2026 NAMM show. Mint condition, not a mark or scratch on it. I am the original owner. Bought new. Barely used in my non-smoking home studio. Works perfectly, sounds exceptional - no issues. Pure analog, no digital or modeling. Just plug your amp into it and get a super-accurate tone directly to DAW/Mixer/FOH etc. Simple, 4/8/16 ohm inputs to match any amp up to 150 Watts. Amp in, Amp thru to your cab. Sim XLR out. No A/C power required. You can run it with your speaker cab or no cab for silent recording. Tonal options for Open/Closed Cab, Mic Edge/Center, Ceramic/Alnico, Presence, Phase and Gnd Lift. Comes with original box, mounting brackets/screws (never used). Everything that originally came in the box is included. $390. Shipped/Paypal'd and NO TAX Not interested in any trades on this one. Message me with any questions --------------------- Bad Cat PurePath Features: Designed at Bad Cat in Costa Mesa CA Up to 150 Watts Impedance Options - 4, 8, and 16 Ohms Load Selction: Silent or Extension Cab Input from Amp Output to Speaker LEVEL: 0 dB / -20 dB A 20 dB pad for very loud amplifiers. Use -20 dB if your mixer/PA/interface input is clipping. MIC: EDGE / CENTER A tonal contour based on common mic position. EDGE = smoother, rounder. CENTER = brighter, more attack. CAB: OPEN/CLOSED A low-end contour. OPEN = looser, more airy. CLOSED = tighter with more thump. SPKR: CERAMIC / ALNICO A speaker character control. CERAMIC = more modern bite (think "V30" type response). ALNICO = sweeter, more vintage-style top end. PRESENCE: 0 / 1 A presence boost. Use 1 if you want more cut in the mix GROUND: LIFT / NORMAL Use LIFT if you hear hum or ground noise through the PA/interface. PHASE: NORMAL / REVERSE If your direct sound feels “hollow” when blended with a mic’d cab, flip phase.