Jump to content
Hamer Fan Club Message Center

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

  1. Past hour
  2. Gabe talks a good game, but as always, it's let's go back to what worked before we screwed the pooch. This is like the fifth round trip back to the future. A year after getting rid of a whole lot of us vets he realizes, whoops we did it again.
  3. My memory is fuzzy, wasn't this sold by GC a few years back and it was listed under another brand name and a great price?
  4. I wasn't making a fun post or making fun of him. His YouTube channel is, "SDPickups." He's old, I don't know how old Seymour D is now. I looked it up and thought Seymour looks like shit for 75. I watched it twice and couldn't figure out what he was talking about. I read the comments, also confusing because of two different names being used. During the second pass I wondered if it was someone working for Seymour. I did finally find his website which has multiple broken links and then I realized it's not Seymour Duncan Pickups. And, now it makes sense because I watched several videos about a month ago where the guy spoke very slowly, in depth, never showing himself, about the ABR 1 bridge. Each video was around 30 minutes long, going in depth about the metals and dimensions in the original ABR 1. I almost posted those videos but then decided you guys would think I've fallen out of my wheelchair being that interested in a bridge. He had some good points. Now I've learned he's one of 4 people who are in the business to sell this bridge. And it's hundreds of dollars. So no, I wasn't making a joke about this poor old guy. Well, except for the IBS edit. I honestly thought it may be Seymour at SDpickups.
  5. The GC is going to be on the top floor of the old Lord & Taylor bld between High Ridge and Long ridge. Its great hearing that there are board members around. Ill try to hit a Norwalk gig soon
  6. Today
  7. His name is Dave Stevens, I kind of feel sorry for him, he's just an old dude trying to drudge through life... 🤷‍♂️ How to Contact Dave Stephens: SD Pickups, Custom Hand-Wound Pickups by Dave Stephens, Stephens Design https://share.google/61eqtq5bpA4F46IWF
  8. I thought when you were off the spectrum spectrum it was called "colorblindness".
  9. Looks like a really cool place... I wish I lived closer, I'd buy you a beer and throw a couple of quarters in your guitar case 😃👌
  10. A buddy of mine was in a group and they set up for the gig, then like 10 minutes before no one could find the guitar player, so my buddy went outside looking around for him. He was in the shopping center across the road rolling on the ground with a paper bag over his head and a can of paint next to him. The look on his face told me the gig went...poorly.
  11. Don't quote him, just tell us what he said. - In the spirit of Yogi Berra
  12. Nice! I live in the NY side but would check that out. And I have an ongoing (more than a decade) Fri night residency at O’Neills in Norwalk if you’re looking to hear a Duotone in real life lol. (10pm-1am, no cov just luv)
  13. Is this for real??? This guy is off the spectrums spectrum!!!
  14. One guy in the comments calls him Dave and another calls him Stephen. And pickups for $1,750?? One guy says he's been waiting on his pickups to be delivered for a year and as soon as he made a public comment the guy replied he'd get his pickups in 2 weeks. Anyone in the know (ITK)? ETA: The guy looks IBS
  15. I'll take the Simplifier if it is still available please - shipping would be to 06118. Please message me with the total for Paypal. Thank you.
  16. David Thomas McNaught is one of the solo boo-teek builders that I investigated a few years back when looking into options for a custom build. Had I known he does this Cali-esque XD627, I might have changed concepts. I follow him on FB - hope he does a follow-up to this build in the weeks to come. https://www.facebook.com/share/r/1FLAFqNpJN/
      • 3
      • Like
  17. T (Thinline): Refers to the thin, semi-hollow body depth (roughly 1 ¾ inches deep) compared to Gibson's traditional deep-body archtops. D (Double): Indicates that the guitar is equipped with dual (two) pickups. C (Cherry): Denotes the factory translucent cherry red finish.
  18. I have a 59 replica built by a friend of Tom Barlett. They shared a lot of knowledge between each other when they both started building replicas. It's an awesome LP. Thankully it's not reliced. That is something I prefer to do the old school way, by playing the crap out of the guitar.
  19. They are addictive. I'm running a Syn 2 with the Fryette Deliverance and Pittbull modules through a VHT 2502, and yowza! The Plexi module from Marshall is fantastic too.
  20. The band I had at the time a million years ago opened for a certain singer who was briefly in one of the biggest bands in the world before they were anywhere close to that and has toured off that connection for decades. I couldn't tell if he and the guitarist were doing coke in the bathroom or pretending to do coke in the bathroom, but either way, it felt so hackneyed. I'm not a puritan, and I'm not going to bag on someone's extracurricular activities, so long as they keep things in check, but being so conspicuous about it just felt kinda lame. Nice guy though otherwise.
  21. Kevin DoBlow. C’mon! I can’t be the ONLY one here who thought this up?!!!
  1. Load more activity
×
×
  • Create New...