-
Posts
5,746 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
60
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Everything posted by The Shark
-
AxeFX or Eleven Rack. Love 'em both for ease of use and really good sound. Not using them now, but they still reside in the studio. Eleven rack is the deal. Axe FX if price isn't a problem. If you want to go under $300, I always found I could get a good sound from the Line 6 Flextone III. I use the JCM 800 model exclusively. It's a great crunch and solo sound on the Flextone. Most of the models are near or far misses. Effects are good for grab it and go. My buddy in Orlando has one in good shape for $150 plus shipping, if you want to go cheap. I think that all the lesser modelers do pretty good cleans. It's the crunch/distortion where the men are separated from the boys. I think the Eleven Rack is the best for the buck in the mid to higher price range.
-
Any cork-sniffing beliefs and practices?
The Shark replied to zorrow's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Practicing blocks my creative side. -
Snuck out and bought a single ticket outside the Amway Arena. Sat about ten rows up in the first section on the "wrong" side. The big screen was killer. I like Van Halen, but they're not in my top ten, if you know what I mean. But they were damn good and the list didn't differ much from what I went to hear. I really enjoyed the show. These cancellations can't be good, no matter what. I felt like they were legitimately having fun up there.
-
HFC Trade Gone Bad
The Shark replied to savethematches's topic in For Sale - Wanted to Buy - PIF - eBay & Other PSAs
Anyone would pay $30 to restore their reputation in the face of so many smart people taking into account his history. In my estimation, the Special Olympics pic eliminated that chance and answered all the questions. He could have saved face, but he chose not to. That's telling. -
HFC Trade Gone Bad
The Shark replied to savethematches's topic in For Sale - Wanted to Buy - PIF - eBay & Other PSAs
This. -
That would be Tommy Morengello on the four-digit. Great video for its time.
-
One of my favorite live guitar tones of all time! Ariel Bender (whatever his real name was) and Ian are great on this record....gotta love the Les Paul Junior tone.
-
Wylbil's Pink SS on Evilbay
The Shark replied to BTMN's topic in For Sale - Wanted to Buy - PIF - eBay & Other PSAs
Minimum bid will tell the tale. Too rich for me, but I'm not in the market. -
P.T. Barnum.
-
Great review. I'm curious about one other thing. Did you get to see Yes on the same night? If so, how'd they sound?
-
Gregwinds.
-
Can you list all the amps you've ever owned?
The Shark replied to sirDaniel's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Lab Series L-5 from Gibson Music Man 50wt combo w/ JBLs (don't know the model) Mesa Boogie Mk IIC w/ EV Mesa Boogie Mk III Head and 4x12 Boogie Cab Jim Kelly FACS 1x12 Combo Various Marshall 50wt heads and combos ADA MP-1 and Mac 275 power amp Yamaha Solodano Designed rack head Hafler Pre-amp and Power Amp Hughes & Kettner Access Pre-amp and stereo power amp Modified Lead & Bass 50 Marshall combo Line 6 Flextone I Line 6 Flextone III Numerous Vox amps Numerous Tweed Fenders Numerous Black and Silver Faced amps Brown Note Bluesmaster Brown Note D'Lite 33 Ceriatone 18 wt Marshall 2x12 combo Ceriatone Creme Brulee Tech 21 Trademark 60 Bogners and Soldanos Landry 100wt Tone Kings and Victoria amps Dr. Zs and Div by 13s Dozens of practice amp small combos Waiting on a Xits X-10 I guess you could call me a malcontent. Or maybe I just can't find my sound. -
Whats the Last 5 Albums you've bought?
The Shark replied to bubs_42's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Black Country Communion - Self-Titled Warren Haynes - Man In Motion Eric Johnson - Up Close Jeff Beck - Emotion & Commotion Steve Lukather - All's Well That Ends Well That's pretty much it for new stuff for 2010/early 2011 -
covers that are way better than the originals
The Shark replied to DaveL's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
I think Linda Ronstadt owns that one! I'll vote for VH. -
Thanks for reminding me of my rapidly advancing age! My fifteen year-old son has the whole album on his iPod. Timeless!
-
"Vitriol". Not me. I'm just funnin' around. I am, however, the guy that made the comparison to the JG headstock. The thread on TGP takes up that question front and center. That's my point. Jol's website is extremely vague, while quite price specific. We all get it in our own way.
-
Hey Poe: I thought about posting a thread at TGP about the headstock, but I though the JG hounds might come to call. Good work! I e-mailed the new company and asked for pricing on just one guitar. Crickets............................
-
You mean the Gustavsson headstock?
-
Good luck!
-
WTB Bottom-Feeder Shredder
The Shark replied to savethematches's topic in For Sale - Wanted to Buy - PIF - eBay & Other PSAs
I've got a Strat style body with two hums (Dimarzio Tone Zone and Air Norton) w/ a Floyd Rose (chrome) in Powder Blue with a maple neck (black dots, thin and wide) w/ a matching headstock and repro Charvel logo. It looks like a vintage Charvel with the Strat style headstock. Finish is semi-pro. If you are up close it has orange peel, but it's really pretty good. Sounds great. Gig bag. $700 shipped.