Hamer Fan Club Message Center

NTL Shop Happs 12/18 SuNdAy update SG Spcl fin

murkat

Question

Great stuff in the lil' shop.

The Blitz being prep'd for His new set of clothes ;)

003-14.jpg

A 67 sg jr. getting a facelift, tummy tuck, nail polished, a full salon treatment ;)

018-3.jpg

011-13.jpg

013-7.jpg

025-3.jpg

026-4.jpg

A bow tie in for some TLC as well. Bumps and slopes radiused out of the board

to a nice 12", replacing a couple of inlays, Shall be Excalibur!

009-9.jpg

002-16.jpg

Great stuff in the shop! Thanks again to all :)

• Answers 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

WHOAH!!

One of my all-time favorite iconic guitars. That is going to kick all kinds of ass. Very cool conversion idea!

This Les paul deluxe (and was had at a very excellent price, stole it)

Two piece book matched top, solid one piece back. an early 2001 model.

It is here for a conversion... ;) It will look like this...

http://www.whocollec...m/pete%27s_.htm

I can't wait!!

LesPaul1April2007.JPG

WHOAH!!

One of my all-time favorite iconic guitars. That is going to kick all kinds of ass. Very cool conversion idea!

Mine too. At the risk of being The Ultimate Fanboi, I've wanted to do this for at least 10 years but I couldn't bring myself to "butcher" a perfectly good Paul (and even though a Norlin era LP would be "more correct", they had gotten pricey and we all know about the hit-or-miss quality of them).

The PT-LP reissues that Gibson put out a few years ago are outrageously expensive, and they for some reason have a 10th crown inlay at the 1st fret, which to me is visually distracting.

When I saw this one on ebay, the wheels started turning again, and who better than a former Gibson Custom Shop craftsman to handle the conversion?

Both of those are getting me woozy...

Made popcorn to watch this thread while I wait for SG Jr to arrive...

Can't wait to see all these projects flesh out - so many cool ones! (Jay won't get bored there).

kizanski - start working on those jumps and flying scissors ;)

Looking VERY good! This is one I've had lying around for many years (since the Baker shop stuff was sold off). I got really lucky and scored one of the two Baker Inferno necks for singlecuts pretty reasonably. Regular Infernos are impossible to find as it is (Ishibashi has one for $11k right now) and that inlay is just SO cool.

Jay-Len, Doug and I were out last night and of course the topic went to NTL. We were giddy (my SG and Doug's LP sustainer were onstage, of course).

And serial's Inferno project is now in wip. single pup / bigsby / pimp daddy yo yo finish will be completed by stike ;)

029-3.jpg

028-3.jpg

And serial's Inferno project is now in wip. single pup / bigsby / pimp daddy yo yo finish will be completed by stike ;)

029-3.jpg

028-3.jpg

Inferno got bound today.

Cant wait for this one!

Cant wait for this one!

You'll be seeing it's brother eventually... ;)

Cant wait for this one!

You'll be seeing it's brother eventually... ;)

Looking forward to it!

Found some nylon washers and other goodies for Pete5 today

012-12.jpg

014-8.jpg

Paint finally came in for the Blitz, True Sonic Blue.

Pre top coat~

001-16.jpg

with first top coat, ( NOS nitro Laq) somebody wanted it to appear a little more set in with time.... ;)

008-16.jpg

010-11.jpg

009-11.jpg

And, for last, but, not the least... Inferno gets trimmed after being bound up all night.

006-17.jpg

005-14.jpg

007-18.jpg

Blitz and Sunburst and pete5 have to sit for a few for finish to cure so Sunday was Inferno day.

Took off part of the tenon so I can fit into the body without too much butchering.

The truss rod end is less than a 1/4" from the end of the board.

This is going to be close. And close counts with this fitting and alignment. Too close.

001-17.jpg

002-19.jpg

Shaped the heal and butt end prior to fitment and set

004-16.jpg

Mixing fruit in one pie does not mean its always going to taste good.

Raw Baker neck and a sudo LP body with no idea who each is... Like Eharmony e dating. Hit and miss.

This is not too bad of a pair. just a little fitment issues, but, to be expected.

Neck deck on body is modded to fit and pitch to the correct break angle.

006-18.jpg

Neck set it and glued up and strapped in for a few days. Neck is set dead center to body in one take.

010-12.jpg

009-12.jpg

Lookin' good, man! I have delayed sending in my project temporarily due to a Special FM falling into view at a steal, but it looks like there is plenty to keep idle hands busy, so....

I got busted once for having a bag of weed (not mine, of course :unsure: ) in a picture taken on my bench and shared with the eagle-eyed HFC. You have only a beer and a can of mustard amongst your tools and such.

Wait, mustard?!?

Brilliant!

Archived