UndergroundVintage Posted November 23, 2012 Posted November 23, 2012 Everything has sold. Thanks to all!
UndergroundVintage Posted November 23, 2012 Author Posted November 23, 2012 1995 Hamer Eclipse guitar - Very good condition with Seymour Duncan pickups, and comes in the original Hamer case. $500 obo
Jakeboy Posted November 23, 2012 Posted November 23, 2012 Every single time I see an Eclipse I want one so I can drop vintage wound Firebird pups in.....problem is, I have no more room...something would have to go....I like and want every guitar I have.....a blessed problem!
carfish7 Posted November 23, 2012 Posted November 23, 2012 I didn't know Hamer used Brazilian on their stuff back then.......
Caddie Posted November 23, 2012 Posted November 23, 2012 Doood, add an Eclipse to the herd. If you are on the "one in one out" diet you will quickly find something to purge by the dust accumulation on it and the fact that you will have already changed the strings twice on the Eclipse due to playing time.Translation? You're gonna luuuuuv the Eclipse. THE biggest sleeper in the Hamer USA legacy. Huge bargain. Just my $0.07 (adjusted up from 2 cents due to the impending inflation tsunami)caddieps - give the SD mini-hums a chance b4 you go spending $$$ on new pups. and try the Murkat Mod. I was about to pull the SDs when he suggested this simple mod. It made a big diff 4 me. Don't be afraid, I suck at soldering n it still worked!http://www.hamerfanclub.com/forums/topic/49297-considering-changing-pkups-in-eclipse/page__p__516208__hl__+eclipse%20+murkat__fromsearch__1#entry516208check out the posts from Murkat.
UndergroundVintage Posted November 24, 2012 Author Posted November 24, 2012 I also have this amp for sale:1996 Fender Prosonic 2x10 combo amp - 9/10 condition with Sea Foam Green (lizard skin) tolex. Works 100% and sounds great. Comes with the footswitch and cover. $675
cynic Posted November 25, 2012 Posted November 25, 2012 I'll take the case if its still available. Pm sent.
Sparky Posted November 26, 2012 Posted November 26, 2012 What's the weight and neck like on the eclipse?
Mpcoluv Posted November 27, 2012 Posted November 27, 2012 I am trying to send you a PM and can't for some reason.E-mail me at Jsams2@carolina.rr.com about the eclipse.
UndergroundVintage Posted November 27, 2012 Author Posted November 27, 2012 sqWhat's the weight and neck like on the eclipse?Medium neck and the weight is 8.25 pounds.
UndergroundVintage Posted November 28, 2012 Author Posted November 28, 2012 Prices dropped to $725 and $500 on the Hamers.
Caddie Posted November 29, 2012 Posted November 29, 2012 That Studio is an obscene bargain at $725. UndergroundVintage, you are single handidly killing the market for Studios! Somebody, anybody buy it. I have owned several Studios. If you don't own at least one, buy this. No true Hamerphile should be without one. caddie.
David-R Posted November 29, 2012 Posted November 29, 2012 If that were a 59 Burst finish I'd be all over it.
UndergroundVintage Posted November 30, 2012 Author Posted November 30, 2012 That Studio is an obscene bargain at $725. UndergroundVintage, you are single handidly killing the market for Studios! Somebody, anybody buy it. I have owned several Studios. If you don't own at least one, buy this. No true Hamerphile should be without one. caddie. I'd love nothing more than to sell the Studio and delete this ad. It was set up today and is ready to play.
thunderbolt Posted November 30, 2012 Posted November 30, 2012 If I want to install soapbar P90s in the eclipse, is routing required?
UndergroundVintage Posted November 30, 2012 Author Posted November 30, 2012 I don't think a route will be needed but maybe someone here can confirm.
ghamerinfrance Posted November 30, 2012 Posted November 30, 2012 I dont think a reroute is necessary either.One my friends has an Eclipse with standard P90 so this may be a simple change.A nice way to get a special like model.
Moose Posted November 30, 2012 Posted November 30, 2012 Mounting rings are the same -- 3.365" x 1.365" -- though they go in slightly differently. I think you'll be fine.That said, this is as close to a magic $350 hamer you'll ever get. That eclipse is a freaking steal for what a great guitar it is, and the ones with wrap bridges are my favorites. Remarkable players and totally underrated.
thunderbolt Posted November 30, 2012 Posted November 30, 2012 So actually the wood surface under firebird mini hum's ring is routed? I always thought the cavity is similar to a humbucker cavity where the 4 corners are not routed, only the tab areas are.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.